[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.9 JUL 2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6

Postby weeezer14 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:16 am

khaytsus wrote:
Timbones wrote:I'm afraid not. The script is deliberately coded to only show turn issues on major roads to encourage responsible editing.

Confused, why would showing on other streets be irresponsible? Only thing I could think of is it would possibly show too much information, distracting some editors?

The fear is that showing soft turn and rev con nodes to a newbie may encourage them to just hit everything with Q-W and thus eliminate any legitimate turns. Even if they are using the JNF script also and only use Q (thus preserving turn restrictions), they may still make mistakes. And even if they are perfect, they are spending their time fixing something that 99% of the time doesn't impact anything.

Disclaimer: I still use the script showing all nodes highlighted, but I only attack nodes in areas I am working on to address a real issue.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
weeezer14

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb

Postby sketch » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:08 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
sketch wrote:Is routing still broken for segments ≤15 m long? If so, it'd be nice to have a highlight for segments equal to or less than 15 m in length.

Is that different than the feature which disallows routing on short segments (10m) to prevent u-turns?

I suppose not. I didn't realize it was a "feature". I'm sure that's nice elsewhere, but in New Orleans, U turns are a necessary part of driving—we have a lot of Michigan lefts here, whether or not anyone actually calls them for what they are.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6

Postby Daknife » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:03 pm

khaytsus wrote:
Timbones wrote:I'm afraid not. The script is deliberately coded to only show turn issues on major roads to encourage responsible editing.

Confused, why would showing on other streets be irresponsible? Only thing I could think of is it would possibly show too much information, distracting some editors?

I agree with this. Not every intersection in a subdivision may have issues, but many do, and it saves time if we don't have to click on every junction node to see if it needs a QW.

Also anyone else have issue with how it no longer shows your locked roads with any color? I usually have it set to show streets I've edited to be able to track my progress through areas, but I've noticed that if that is set it doesn't tint the roads I've locked at all, whereas it used to and I liked that feature.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby Daknife » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Most newbie editors that may make the mistake WeeeZer14 discussed don't know about the script.
AM in Utah; CM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Samsung Galaxy S4 running 4.4 KitKat on Sprint
Daknife
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby foxitrot » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:57 am

sketch wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
sketch wrote:Is routing still broken for segments ≤15 m long?

Is that different than the feature which disallows routing on short segments (10m) to prevent u-turns?

I suppose not. I didn't realize it was a "feature". I'm sure that's nice elsewhere...

Again 10m? I hope it got raised back to 15m?

sketch wrote:
sketch wrote:...it'd be nice to have a highlight for segments equal to or less than 15 m in length.

...in New Orleans, U turns are a necessary part of driving—we have a lot of Michigan lefts here, whether or not anyone actually calls them for what they are.

Our user added a bit of code to add two checkboxes for highlighting segments 10-15 m and 15-20 m long. I could extract and post the differences, or port it to the recent version first (not seen the new code yet, maybe it is a question of few minutes, maybe much more).
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby PhantomSoul » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:13 pm

+1 on the option to highlight segments <10m and 10-15m. Its useful to supress u-turns on narrowly divided highways where a direct u-turn is prohibited.

I've noticed that the RevCons and SelfCons can sometimes cause funky routing if there's bad traffic on a nearby highway and Waze is trying to detour it on more local roads. However, I've only seen this happen if there are a lot of map errors in the neighborhood, e.g. minor highways or primary streets not identified and properly connected to bigger highway networks, inaccurate soft one-ways, etc. - all probable limitation from the base map I would imagine. In any case, I've only corrected these, with the junction node fixer script, when there is a UR or problem pin nearby complaining about weird routing and can't justify the weird route based on the speed information the segments involved show.

Perhaps the RevCons and SelfCons should only be highlighted for Area Managers (Level 3 and up)? I think the script already does that for some other things. Maybe it already does it for this too?
ImageImageImageImage
Waze Editing Manual | USA Road Types | USA Forum
Verizon iPhone 6 / iOS (latest) / Waze (latest/beta)
PhantomSoul
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Timbones » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:31 pm

PhantomSoul wrote:Perhaps the RevCons and SelfCons should only be highlighted for Area Managers (Level 3 and up)? I think the script already does that for some other things. Maybe it already does it for this too?

Yes, it does this already.
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby DisplayName » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:49 am

First things first: thanks for this script! I've been editing on and off but recently I've really gotten into it; this and the URO are great tools.

I noticed that the text over at userscripts.org lists a "Filter by Editor" function that is available for area managers. Is it possible to let regular editors have access to this as well? Maybe just for their own user name? Or, can you provide a "Highlight My Edits" function?

You see, whenever I fix something I always look around the area to see if anything needs a little tidying up, if you will... okay, the fact is, I can't control my need for precision and order! If I see a sloppy, converted pave, node-filled street, I have to delete the nodes and make it pretty. If there's a road that's closer to the sidewalk than the center of the street, I have to line it up. The next thing I know, I've aligned an entire neighborhood with the aerials and removed hundreds upon hundreds of useless nodes. Ahh, a thing of beauty. Anyway, I typically use the unsaved (orange) segments as an indicator of where I've been but when you get too many edits stacked up saving can have problems. Saving often is a must but, then I lose my place. Being able to highlight what I've done in an area would allow me to save and move on quickly.

Lastly: RevCons? SelfCons? Can someone tell me what these terms mean?
DisplayName

Postby orbitc » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:51 am

suggestion:

URO: text should be little bit of to the side.
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
• ßeta Tester
• iOS ßeta: Always the latest version
• WME ßeta

WME | USA | MapRaid!
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby iainhouse » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:13 am

charleskelso wrote:Lastly: RevCons? SelfCons? Can someone tell me what these terms mean?

Have a look at viewtopic.php?f=265&t=42562. I posted an explanation earlier today.
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED)
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQWMEFU Script :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts