Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by qwaletee
Looks like it is time for an update for segment speed data.
davielde wrote:I just got on my main computer and saw the issue for Colour Highlights on every segment. Toolbox's FwdSpeed and RevSpeed were also 0 for every segment. Once the script writers get wind of the issue, a fix should be possible using averageSpeed. I currently cannot tell if that is useful for both directions though...because I'm a SQL developer ;-)
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
RodNav wrote:You think they should ask the users if they find it useful? :(
Because the routing server uses much smaller timeslices and doesn't use average speed at all (that we've been told), I haven't found average speed to be of much use.
I've found it useful in evaluating whether a "detour" might be due to faster speeds recorded on a side road. Maybe inaccurate, but where it shows that information, gives you a good clue. Otherwise, we're left shooting in the dark.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
fernandoanguita wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:How is what you're talking about different from simply pressing shift-Z within WME to show restricted turns?
I was thinking the same..... :o :)
And with Shift-Z you can also see the actual turns not allowed on the editor.

Regards from Concepción, Chile,
That's an extra step for someone to remember during scanning. And one that most editors won't do -- Shift-Z mode is great when I remember to do it, but most of the stuff I find with WMECH and Validator are incidental to editing things nearby to the issues they highlight for me. Normal editing has Shift-Z off.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Because dumb editors?
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Toolbox already does this, but I find its UI to be too heavy. I would love thin, pastel lines, that don't obscure anything.

I would also love a quick on/off for the whole set or subsets.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
My bad... I read the levels request as a rank request.

I do think highlighting by specific (grade) level, and road rank (level), editor rank are all good ideas.

I would also like an option to highlight combinations (AND instead of OR). Imagine -- I could highlight anything a particular user has done in the last day. I sometimes get problem editors in the areas I manage, and it is useful to see if they are back at it again, while excluding their older edits.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
With of course the downside that if you nudge HN for a structure whose entrance is on its "side street" instead of frontage (address) road, you may get worse destination results after the nudge.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
I'm currently not able to use Filter by Editor. In the drop down, it only shows my user name, not any of the editors whose names appear in the segments being shown.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
It continued to behave that way even at closer zooms. I should have mentioned that. Turned off everything but TB.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by R66DE
Thanks for the fix, but the option for "No City" doesn't work, too.
R66DE
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message