Switch to full style
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post a reply

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb

Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:07 pm

PhantomSoul wrote:+1 on the option to highlight segments <10m and 10-15m. Its useful to supress u-turns on narrowly divided highways where a direct u-turn is prohibited.

Hi,

the 15m-limit under which the routing never does a U-turn is easily forgotten when splitting roads. Therefore, highlighting segments of less than 15m would be a good idea.

Best regards,

Detlev

Re: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - 1.7.4 Nov 2013

Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:53 pm

We just had two cases with no turn at 13m, so 15 seems safe to warrant a u-turn.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:24 am

Is it a common practice to reduce the width like this? We do this only for a real bow-tie...

Anyway, we are moving away from the purpose of this thread 8)

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:00 pm

Kuhlkatz wrote:
top_gun_de wrote:Is it a common practice to reduce the width like this? We do this only for a real bow-tie...

It's always been common practice to reduce H-type intersection lengths to avoid u-turns. As far as I know 15m is only confirmed for NA server. For ROTW server it has to be 10m, unless this changed recently.

Maybe it's country-related. In Germany, we have just found two cases where 13m were not enough.

Best regards,

Detlev

Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:16 pm

I inquired through the staff, and got the answer that 15m or more should work, and below it depends on "many complicated thresholds". So, highlighting intermediate segments below 15m would be a good function for the highlighterscript.

Best regards,

Detlev

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:09 pm

You need to install Tampermonkey, then the Highlighter City. It is not fully packaged like the standard highlighter and the current Chrome executes it only through Tampermonkey - which is a minor nuisance for me.

Best regards,

Detlev

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

Re: [Script] Colour Highlights for Segments - v1.6.7 Jul 201

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:34 pm

What is the best way to suggest updates/changes to the code?

I looked at the script and saw a couple of items that could easily be changed to speed things up a bit. I profiled them and the speed-up isn't very large, but the changes are minimal.

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.9 JUL 2016

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:52 am

Is there any intent to allow highlighting PRs with no speed limit? Or can this be added?

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.9 JUL 2016

Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:47 pm

Until patched, this may help from here.

Change
Code:
addr.city.isEmpty
to
Code:
addr.city.attributes.isEmpty

Change
Code:
addr.city.name
to
Code:
addr.city.attributes.name

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.23 Jul 2017

Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:15 am

Here's another feature request...highlight segments that have "Next to carpool/HOV/bus lane" marked.
Post a reply