Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

WazeBar v1.2 beta

Post by edsonajj
I am glad to announce that I've been able to create a new branch of WazeBar that I will be maintaining myself.

You can get the new extension here: WazeBar

Notice: I only did this since it seems that the original developer (Mike) has abandoned his extension; if it is a problem please contact me and I will delete everything.

v1.6
  • Address issue with Google+ interference
v1.5
  • Now works with new beta URL
v1.2
  • No scrollbars
  • Full screen button temporarily removed (use command/control + F)
v1.1
Since my technical ability is very limited so far I've only achieved two improvements:
  • It works on the beta editor
  • WME Colour Highlights and URO have been updated to their current versions.
I'll try my best to solve any other issues... but you'll have to be patient.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:5448074

Send a message
Last edited by edsonajj on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Edson Jiménez

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
edsonajj wrote:I am glad to announce that I've been able to create a new branch of WazeBar.
First, cool! And thank you.

Second, I strongly suggest that this development be shared. Otherwise, we'll be in the same boat as before with an initial enthusiastic push for WazeBar development, and then silence.

Usability: initially, I couldn't get the Features to finish loading after many permalink hits. I turned off JNF and it loaded fine. Then I turned JNF on again and it loaded fine. Odd.

WazeBar is wider than the window so I always have a horizontal scrollbar. It also forces a vertical scrollbar.

Full-screen functionality leaves a WazeBar-sized vertical blank bar across the page between WazeBar and the rest of the page. WME built-in Shift+f does not do this.

WMECH reports itself as v1.5 when non-integrated. Current released version is 1.6.2. Not sure which is actually installed.

WazeBar integrated WMECH functionality is still limited (perhaps by Apple/Safari) due to City drop-down unable to refresh onclick as WMECH non-integrated does. Probably the same for editors. This is why I prefer WMECH non-integrated.

Excellent first version. I would suggest a different name, unless Mike gives you permission to use it. Not sure what else to call it, but think about it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
edsonajj wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Second, I strongly suggest that this development be shared. Otherwise, we'll be in the same boat as before with an initial enthusiastic push for WazeBar development, and then silence.
OK yes, it seems like a great idea. Can anyone make a suggestion for a web repository to use? I know of the existence of Github, SourceForge and Google Code but have not used them before.
Neither have I. Don't know much about that part of it. Just that I thought it would be good. :)
edsonajj wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Usability: initially, I couldn't get the Features to finish loading after many permalink hits. I turned off JNF and it loaded fine. Then I turned JNF on again and it loaded fine. Odd.
I did just a bit of testing on this and could only reproduce the problem when the previous version of WazeBar was still installed (even if disabled). Do you think that might have been the problem in your case?
:oops: Yep.

Now that you have a new thread, you can use the first post to keep updates going. Add a thread for new version releases and update the first thread subject to keep the subject line updated in the forum like the other script authors do. :)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
edsonajj wrote:Chris, will you take over again?
Chris isn't the author of the first WazeBar. That was MikeBronner.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Chris_CA wrote:I can't get the WME Highlights - Advanced options to all work. (never worked correctly for me in Safari with WazeBar).
Highlights works but you can't use them integrated. I don't believe apple/safari allows dynamic updating of the menus which is required onclick.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Chris_CA
Good job picking this up! My thanks!

Everything shows up fine but it didn't initially work except the trash & undo/redo buttons.
Mac OS X 10.8.3, Safari 6.0.5
I did uninstall WazeBar 0.54, quit Safari, relaunched it then installed WazBar 1.1.
Turned all settings off then re-enabled them and it seems to have fixed it!

AlanOfTheBerg wrote;
Full-screen functionality leaves a WazeBar-sized vertical blank bar across the page between WazeBar and the rest of the page. WME built-in Shift+f does not do this.
Yep. I am seeing this also.
Chris_CA
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Chris_CA
I can't get the WME Highlights - Advanced options to all work. (never worked correctly for me in Safari with WazeBar).

Segments edited in the last X days works fine.
Segments edited by works but it shows only my name in the drop down. If there are 10 segments I edited, I get my name 10 times in the drop down. No way to select anyone else.
Segments belonging to simply highlights every road, Nothing in drop down.
Highlight I can select but nothing gets highlighted.
Chris_CA
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by d_a_price
I can recommend GitHub. From my experience, it's the most straightforward for managing projects and accepting input from others. Its Pull Request system makes it easy for anyone to submit potential contributions to a project without necessarily being a member of that project.

I don't know how familiar you are with Git, but http://git-scm.com/book has a lot of great info covering the basics that you'll need to know if you're going to manage a project (especially if you plan on taking contributions from the community) and more advanced things. GitHub's help system is also good.
d_a_price
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message

Post by edsonajj
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Second, I strongly suggest that this development be shared. Otherwise, we'll be in the same boat as before with an initial enthusiastic push for WazeBar development, and then silence.
OK yes, it seems like a great idea. Can anyone make a suggestion for a web repository to use? I know of the existence of Github, SourceForge and Google Code but have not used them before.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Usability: initially, I couldn't get the Features to finish loading after many permalink hits. I turned off JNF and it loaded fine. Then I turned JNF on again and it loaded fine. Odd.
I did just a bit of testing on this and could only reproduce the problem when the previous version of WazeBar was still installed (even if disabled). Do you think that might have been the problem in your case?
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:WazeBar is wider than the window so I always have a horizontal scrollbar. It also forces a vertical scrollbar.

These two I had seen from the previous versions, once I learn more about how jQuery works I'll look into it.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:WMECH reports itself as v1.5 when non-integrated. Current released version is 1.6.2. Not sure which is actually installed.
It seems like I messed the files of the updated and non-updated scripts and actually included the old ones for both WMECH and UROverview, I have now made sure to include the new ones and have made a new version Beta 1.1 so that it can be updated automatically by Safari or by downloading the file again.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:WazeBar integrated WMECH functionality is still limited (perhaps by Apple/Safari) due to City drop-down unable to refresh onclick as WMECH non-integrated does. Probably the same for editors. This is why I prefer WMECH non-integrated.
Same as before, I'll look at it as soon as I learn jQuery. I also use it non-integrated and have made it the default for the time being.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Excellent first version. I would suggest a different name, unless Mike gives you permission to use it. Not sure what else to call it, but think about it.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez

Post by edsonajj
ohiostmusicman wrote:When URO is enabled, I cannot save edits that involve clearing a UR or map problem. The save button will not change over and allow me to save nor can I use Cmd + S. I can save such edits if URO is not enabled. Nothing else has an effect on this issue. When URO is enabled but not integrated to WazeBar, my left side goes crazy (see attachement).
I'll look into it, and hopefully release some bug fixes next week.
edsonajj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Edson Jiménez