Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by kentsmith9
BellHouse wrote:
OyyoDams wrote: Update: "suppress unneeded junctions" algorithm improved
This works fine, now the "same endpoint connection" workarounds are preserved. Thanks!
Just installed 1.4.2.1 and found a place where the suppress unneeded junctions removes this required junction. Maybe another CM in the US can confirm if this removes the junction for them as well. Don't save the changes just in case OyyoDams needs to check something with these particular segments.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9

When using the L6 Fix Loops feature, this location is fixed, but the main street is split and not the parking lot road. I assumed from
http://www.oyyodams.com/toolbox/ wrote: Update: [L6] Auto split loops: when road type is different, the less important road is split
would assume the parking lot road was less important than the street.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Have we discussed or considered an L6 option to Clear Road Geometry based on what the WME Toolbox already knows should be cleared? Maybe a two step process where is selects all that it proposes to clear so you can see it before you confirm yes. Or maybe it would be OK to clear it directly like the Fix Loops and Suppress Unneeded Junctions already works.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
sketch wrote:Toolbox is a little too ready to highlight "unnecessary" geometry nodes IMO. Should maybe be tightened a little before doing that.
Maybe it could be a customized option.

So far I have not seen it highlight a segment that was a problem if cleared, but I have not been using it for the last month or so until the last few days again.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9

Been seeing issues sometimes on the L6 Auto Split Loops.

1. When it adds a node along a curved road, it periodically places the node directly below a geometry node which then triggers the Validator as having a problem. See image.
AutoSplitLoopOverlapNode.jpg
(34.36 KiB) Downloaded 951 times
2. When there is a main street going straight and a curved road looping around the main street and both are the same road type, IMO the shorter (or straight) road should be kept intact and the curved (or longer) road should be split. I am seeing some roads getting fixed one way and some the other, so I assume it is not using the logic of the longer road to split it.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
sketch wrote:I think that's fine. Unlike the other L6 tools, auto-splitting loops doesn't really have the capacity to cause serious damage to the map (if it's programmed correctly :D ).
+1 from another L6.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
sketch wrote:
jondrush wrote:There is a handle to simplify geometry. bgodette is the expert on that.
Agreed. bgodette's implementation of geometry simplification is quite good, in that it never removes any geometry nodes I wouldn't remove myself. Yes, maybe it leaves some in that I would remove, but it's better to err on the side of caution.
Maybe bgodette can pass that algorithm on to be used here. Otherwise I thought you could:

Start at point A and look at the next two geo nodes (call them B and C). Create a triangle out of them and determine the perimeter.

If {perimeter/2 < length of AC * 1.05} then remove point B. If not leave it. (The 5% trigger here is my best guess from a visual difference perspective.)

Move to points C, D, E and repeat above.

When you reach the end, start the process again until no points are removed, then stop.

I have not thought about how to detect if you need to clear them, but maybe it is a question of distance between geo nodes to trigger the indicator to say it is needed on that segment.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
MdSyah wrote:OyyoDams: Why I never get the Toolbox running as usual. When I activate the Toolbox, the WME will go crazy. Its hard to control the movement when I move. Disabling Toolbox only my choice to have the WME work normal. Am using Meverick with chrome as the browser. Some help please.
In the past I have also seen some crazy operations with my FireFox setup as well. I don't recall if it was the toolbox causing problems though. Have you disabled all the other scripts to be sure it is the tool box?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
vince1612 wrote:Like I said I've had Toolbox for a while (which means I like it) and it is the first time it happened... I genuinely had no idea that pressing A would solve it, so I was just looking for help/an answer.
I can speak from experience that it gets frustrating when editors ask questions that are easily identified in the Wiki. In this case we have transparent linked in the Wiki to answer that question. I just went through a whole batch of terms and phrases in the Wiki and added them to the same link on the a key to help future editors unaware of this issue. I now challenge all editors to come up with a phrase related to this issue that they cannot find in the Wiki search. If anyone finds a term or phrase on this specific topic, please post in the Wiki thread on listing what you could not find and I will add those in as well.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9

I have been working with the new loop fix checking out some of the problem areas. So far I have fixed about 20 locations and two of them have failed with the overlapping segment under one of the end nodes.

Here is one of them.

I noticed when I was zoomed all the way into this point and use the loop fix, 15 changes were recorded, but I only noticed this one segment (the longer of the two) was altered. I have not saved changes in case you wanted to investigate the segments.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message