Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by kentsmith9

This loop will only break the short segment. I even tried making the short segment a primary street and the big loop a parking lot (and also tried as primary street as well), but both cases still split the short segment.

This simple loop I just now created shows 25 changes to save for this one loop alone. At least it does it correctly. No changes were saved yet.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Arnoniem wrote:Just experienced a strange thing: the autosplit added a geometry node, close to the new "split"-node. In such a way, that there are overlapping segments and the TR arrows are in the wrong angle.
WME autosplitloops 01.jpg
Didn't save it, so you can have a look here.
That was reported back a few days ago in this entry, but maybe OyyoDams didn't catch that one:
kentsmith9 wrote:1.4.2.1

Been seeing issues sometimes on the L6 Auto Split Loops.

1. When it adds a node along a curved road, it periodically places the node directly below a geometry node which then triggers the Validator as having a problem. See image.
AutoSplitLoopOverlapNode.jpg
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
OyyoDams wrote:About the number of edits: that reflects the reality! One of the 2 segments is deleted, 2 new segments are created, sreets names are applied, connexions with other segments are established, turn rights fixed...

@Amonlem thanks for your last report I'll take a look.
Wow. I was assuming you could simply add a new segment to the desired point along the long segment and then delete the newly added segment before it is saved. No roads have to be named and all turns should be already correct. No need to redraw the new segment to replace the original.

But it seems like I have seen loop updates that only show 2 or 3 edit changes. Am I confused and that is not possible?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
kentsmith9 wrote:1.4.2.3

This loop will only break the short segment. I even tried making the short segment a primary street and the big loop a parking lot (and also tried as primary street as well), but both cases still split the short segment.
Just now I ran across it again and it is splitting the long segment. No changes saved.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
OyyoDams wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:
BellHouse wrote:This works fine, now the "same endpoint connection" workarounds are preserved. Thanks!
Just installed 1.4.2.1 and found a place where the suppress unneeded junctions removes this required junction. Maybe another CM in the US can confirm if this removes the junction for them as well. Don't save the changes just in case OyyoDams needs to check something with these particular segments.
Since 1.4.2.4, do you still have this issue ?
Just tested that location. It still removed the required junction. Yes, still failing. :(
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9

Found a first occurrence where the loop fix adds the junction node and then moves one of the roads from the north part of the loop to the middle. No changes saved.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-122.0 ... 33&env=usa
LoopBreak.png
(986.14 KiB) Downloaded 767 times
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
OyyoDams wrote:Strange I can't reproduce it:
ScreenShot029.jpg
This one is strange. I can make it remove the node (in error) by permalinking the page and then sweeping it. Then if I undo the changes, sweeping again shows your result. Permalink again and then I can make it fail. Undo the changes and then it will not have a problem.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
After you use the loop fix you have a message:
All loops splitted
It would be better to say:
Split all loops
since "splitted" is not a word. ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
kentsmith9 wrote:
OyyoDams wrote:Strange I can't reproduce it:
ScreenShot029.jpg
This one is strange. I can make it remove the node (in error) by permalinking the page and then sweeping it. Then if I undo the changes, sweeping again shows your result. Permalink again and then I can make it fail. Undo the changes and then it will not have a problem.
Two more examples doing the same thing. These two loops near each other will have the extra node removed after the sweeper, showing an incorrect loop. Undo the 4 saved edits and try again, but nothing happens the second time. Permalink and it fails again.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
OyyoDams wrote:

Code: Select all

Fix: [L5] Auto split loops: bug fix and improvement
Getting closer. :D

I continue to find loops like this one that will sweep to remove and then fix the loop back and forth. Sometimes you can even save in between and it will stop, but then permalink again and it starts the circle again. I messed with a few others doing that process over and over on the same loop with a save sometimes after a sweep and sometimes after a loop fix. Not sure the combination, but eventually the loop stops the cycle and it no longer requires a fix. This one above seems to be in that category so I left it unsaved. I believe the current extra node was added by the loop script by me with 1.4.2.5 today.

Another loop highlighted here will want to be swept right after a permalink, and then the loop process begins like the others above. However the two loops on the map directly above this one did not have the problem until I messed with one of them. :lol: For fun I removed the node that used to be at the corner of this segment. The loop fix added a new junction between these segments. Now the sweeper wants to remove the south-most junction. No further saves done here.

Here are two more loops that the loop fix just fixed for me, but after the save and permalink they want to be swept.

For comparison, these two loops did not show the problem described above. The loops needed fixing and never allowed the sweeper to fix the extra nodes after all my attempts to confuse it. ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message