Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by BellHouse
BellHouse wrote:Today I am getting only very few lock symbols displayed on WME (ROW) in Chrome.

In Firefox, everything seems ok.
This bug is still bugging me and others on Chrome only. OyyoDams, I would be calmer if you could confirm this problem?
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Monthly reminder:

Toolbar's lock icons are still not working, i.e. being displayed only scarcely. I think this is some refresh issue. When zooming in or out, I sometimes see all lock symbols for a very short time (fractions of a second), and then some refresh wipes most of them out again (draws something over them). ROW server, in my case.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
The bugs came without any code change in Toolbox (at least without a version number change). Therefore, I would assume the change was elsewhere (i.e. WME itself), which then resulted in a different behavior of the Tb code. But this is only my guess.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
dbraughlr wrote:
This segment has no City and/or Street name.
You must fix that or it won't be displayed on the client.
The assertion that "it won't be displayed on the client" is untrue.
Yes. To my knowledge, the second sentence (of the Tb message) is wrong if the segment was drawn in WME, but it's true if it was recorded ("paved") in the client (in the latter case, someone has to edit/confirm the segment to make it appear on the client). I guess the latter case is where Tb's wording is inspired by, but it's true that in the first case it doesn't fit.

However, my impression is that currently there's not much ongoing development on Tb, as quite a lot of bug reports in this thread lately have been left unconfirmed/unhandled.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Toolbox does not affect the position of my search bar, either. It is always where it should be.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
ply8808 wrote:Just noticed this morning that this issue appears resolved, all locks are now consistent with no flickering.
Yes, same here, hurray!

Again, there was absolutely no code change in Toolbox.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
In my first quick test in Chrome I needed to clear the browser cache to fill the Toolbox tab with life. After this Tb works like a charm!
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
My feedback on v 1.4.1.0, Chrome, ROW:
  • No problems with Validator
  • No problems with config panel
  • No problems with panning, also not when highlighting house numbers
  • The only minor flaw I see is that the lock symbols flicker on and off a couple of times after each refresh, for instance after panning the map
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
OyyoDams wrote: Update: "suppress unneeded junctions" algorithm improved
This works fine, now the "same endpoint connection" workarounds are preserved. Thanks!
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Now that the whole world has WME 1.6, it's probably a good time to move the Toolbox icon on the top right a bit further up, to where the layers menu used to be.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message