Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by doctorkb
doctorkb wrote:I've reloaded the editor a few times and I'm still having issues with the panning when both URO+ and WMET are enabled.

Forgot to mention, I'm using TamperMonkey for both to be included.

Is there a preferred loading order perhaps?

Any other tips?
I've now also deleted and re-added... still having the scrolling problems when both are enabled.

I've got a few other scripts, but the issue only manifests when both WMET and URO+ are enabled.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Feature request:
Can the "clear all u-turns function" also clear u-turns at the end of a dead-end (i.e. segment that is only connected at one end).
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Irowiki: it's a high-level editor feature that clears all visible with one keystroke... JNF doesn't do that. :)
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
irowiki wrote:O
doctorkb wrote:Irowiki: it's a high-level editor feature that clears all visible with one keystroke... JNF doesn't do that. :)
I dunno, I can fix all issues with dead ends or a junction with one button press with jnf plus toolbox.

Toolbox highlights it and says press q to fix (requires jnf)
Yes, you click on the node, then you press 'q' and it fixes all those issues on that node.

What I'm talking about is a feature that is (IIRC) restricted to rank 5+ editors whereby you click a single button in Toolbox and *all* the u-turns on all nodes visible on the screen are disabled.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
It exists. Perhaps on rank 6? Or it may also be country-specific. I'll see if it is documented somewhere later.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Yup
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
qwaletee wrote:BellHouse, it should still sign the message. Otherwise, the user will not know whether the message is from WME, Toolbox, or some other scripts. Just because you know Toolbox can generate popups doesn't mean you know that his popup is coming from Toolbox.
Personally, I prefer the small popups that don't have a "signature".

If you don't like it, don't use it. :)
But the test here is not for new paving, but for missing values - which is not the same condition that suppresses a segment from the client.
Actually, the test seems to be for the "thin red line" (aka freshly paved / uninitialised) segments. Please cite your source if you believe a freshly drawn road in WME (without a city/street or "no city / no street" being set) will display on the client.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
That's the first I have heard of it -- I understood all "thin red line" roads would not appear -- perhaps this is a new development, perhaps OyyoDams has the same understanding I do.
(and no, I'm not going to draw an errant one on the map just to try it out) :)

Regardless... the key to knowing which script to "blame" for something lies in disabling scripts until your issue goes away.

The scripts aren't "production" features -- they're items that have been added on by the community to support the community. If something is going haywire, you need to start disabling scripts until that stops -- not just hoping that a popup box tells you who is popping it up. Ultimately, the issue could be caused by an interaction between two scripts... so a "signed" popup doesn't necessarily even fix your concern.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Ok... thanks.

I guess I'll be getting a little more insistent on getting those named / cleaned up even when they don't really matter. I've seen (and ignored) parking lots that were entirely red, because I figured someone might be coming back to them soon... if they display on the client, then it's more important that they get cleaned up properly in the editor.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
It's worth noting that Toolbox's warning about non-consecutive ID'd roundabouts says that it "*may*" not work correctly.

There are probably instances where this causes a problem, and others where it doesn't. YMMV.
doctorkb
Send a message