Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ncc1701v
nogetandet wrote:What can we do with U-Turns that in some countries are allowed, if they are not explicit forbidden. Is it possible to set different defaults "per country"? Eg. in Denmark, you are allowed to make u-turns where you want except where there are signs that prohibit U-turns or left turns.

If all U-turns are enabled, it will show red dots in all intersections (almost)..
/Dan
Dan, what to do with per-country u-turn defaults has been discussed, for example http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... lt#p425507. I don't believe there is a consensus.

As for having too many red dots on the map, I would turn off showing u-turns in WME Toolbox and leave it on in the Junction Node Fixer script.
ncc1701v
Send a message
... and the "v" is for Volvo.

Post by ncc1701v
"same connexion segments" has never worked for me. Instead of it marking a segment that connects to the same _node_ twice, I get segments marked when they connect to the same _segment_. That is,
a horseshoe-shaped road, connecting to a different road in two different places, will be marked. That's not how it's supposed to work, is it?
ncc1701v
Send a message

Post by ncc1701v
No, I mean: Take a look at this: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... 7,66603226. See those two highlighted loops? They have multiple segments in them, so they are legitimate ... but for me they are marked (by you) as having "same connexion segments".
ncc1701v
Send a message

Post by ncc1701v
CBenson wrote:They're not appearing with multiple segment for me.
OK thanks. I figured it was a local problem but I don't know what. Could it possibly be a collision with JNF?

I'm using Chrome Version 28.0.1500.71 and: SelectRoundaboutSegments; UROverview; Livemap Navigation; Color Highlights; JNF; and Toolbox.
ncc1701v
Send a message

Post by ncc1701v
OyyoDams wrote:In this case 2 segments have the same starting and ending nodes. That shouldn't happen.
I have never heard that, but it might be a language problem. Certainly a _single_ segment shouldn't start and end at the same node. If you look at http://www.waze.com/wiki/?title=Junctio ... uide#Loops the examples are two segments that "have the same start and ending nodes" (one at the t-junction and another opposite it). Please clarify.
ncc1701v
Send a message

Post by ncc1701v
Ok. I'll start fixing those as well. Consider changing the wiki?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
ncc1701v
Send a message

Post by ncc1701v
CBenson wrote:I've certain heard others say that routing can be problematic where waze is choosing routes and two segments connect the same two nodes. In the examples cited in the wiki, the two segments are not connected to other segments at both nodes thus making routing through the loop a problem.
I started "fixing" these but I'm going to stop until I see an actual problem. I suspect those problems you heard of could just as easily have been caused by self-connections, which are common.
ncc1701v
Send a message

Post by nibby34
cannot even get the Toolbox

502 Bad Gateway

what does this mean?
nibby34
Send a message

Post by nibby34
real quick guys how do i install a new update with chrome? i am new to chrome and i know firefox just updates it for you and installs and when u refresh it comes back but all i get with chrome is Added to chrome. how do i get the update?
also the old toolbox will not open for me
nibby34
Send a message

Post by nibby34
i had the older version i got the auto update option when i first opened WME then i clicked ok than got taken to a website http://www.oyyodams.com/toolbox/

but it SHOULD autoupdate?
nibby34
Send a message