Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by doctorkb
OyyoDams wrote: One more time, for technical reasons, I had do do this. It's very complicated to allow 2 scripts that have same functions running at the same time. My priority was to put Addons features in Toolbox, not to find a way to allow these 2 scripts running together.
Ok, so the next time this sort of integration is planned, can I suggest this approach:
1. develop a "beta stream" that has these features available to those who want to work with you to test them, knowing that it may affect other parts of the editing experience -- I'd be happy to be a part of this, knowing that I could switch back to production at any time for when there was an issue with the beta, or I needed to do some work that wasn't yet available with the new system
2. not disable the original script's functionality until you've migrated all features
doctorkb wrote:I'm very impressed with the improvements OyyoDams is making to the functionality of Addons, within Toolbox. And the fact that it now does everything that Addons does/did, I'm ok disabling the old in favour of the new.
Thanks, now I hope you understand why I just asked you to wait for some hours.
Yes -- though see above for some constructive suggestions on how this could have been done better.
You don't have to worry about that. I'm not a script killer, and I respect the work of other guys. By the way, I have good relations with Timbones. Since I've put Toolbox layers on the right of the screen, you can ever user Toolbox and Highlight at the same time without switching panels.
That interface feature of yours is great. I appreciate that.

As an aside: it is worth noting that sometimes scripts get modified -- I have customised Tim's C&H script to show me a few things (like poorly abbreviated / unabbreviated street names), so it is nice to have that ability. I understand that you're trying to hide a lot of the code from lower-level editors, but I wonder if there might be a happy medium as you develop new features, with some available in the "loader" and some available only after user authentication.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
One bug with the "unneeded nodes" feature.

I deal a lot with these nodes:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... TT&env=usa

You'll see Hwy 770 crosses a river -- there is a node on each end of the bridge.

Addons would remove both notes (which is correct).
Toolbox's implementation only removes one. It won't touch the other, even if you save and execute the "sweep" again.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
OyyoDams wrote:
doctorkb wrote:One bug with the "unneeded nodes" feature.

I deal a lot with these nodes:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... TT&env=usa

You'll see Hwy 770 crosses a river -- there is a node on each end of the bridge.

Addons would remove both notes (which is correct).
Toolbox's implementation only removes one. It won't touch the other, even if you save and execute the "sweep" again.
Can you refresh and try again ?
No change. What I did just now:
1. click above permalink
2. click the "sweep" icon
3. save
4. refresh the page
5. click the "sweep" icon

-- step #2 removed a node. Step #5 had no effect, though it increased save-icon edit count by one.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Bug:
"Fix u-turns, reverse connections, dead-end and unterminated roads" button does not behave as self-described.

It appears to fix reverse connections and unterminated roads, but doesn't seem to touch the u-turns.

Suggestion: amend function to work as described (killing u-turns)
Alternative: amend self-description to remove the functionality that it doesn't do (should also be accompanied by a different icon, as it only fixes the "purple dots").

ALSO: when using this function, it would be great if it stopped at 150 edits and then said "save, and repeat". I've been getting errors when saving with too many edits.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
OyyoDams wrote:
doctorkb wrote:Bug:
"Fix u-turns, reverse connections, dead-end and unterminated roads" button does not behave as self-described.

It appears to fix reverse connections and unterminated roads, but doesn't seem to touch the u-turns.
You're right, it's not a bug, I just forgot to remove u-turns from the description. The autofix of U-turns has been removed some months ago, because U-turns are not considered anymore as a bug, and might be wanted. So you can now display them, but not mass-fix them.
Would it be possible to get a second button for u-turns, then? In Canada, they're almost universally illegal.
doctorkb wrote:ALSO: when using this function, it would be great if it stopped at 150 edits and then said "save, and repeat". I've been getting errors when saving with too many edits.
That's already the case: when the counter of edits is > 150, you can't use this function until you save.
Right -- but if you run the function in an area that has 300 reverse connections, it will happily do all 300 of them. Could it check that count with every change and stop (even if there are more changes to go) and tell the editor to save and click it again?
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
AlexN-114 wrote:Remove "unneeded nodes" works correct, if both segments are complete on the screen. It does nothing, when one segment has only one node in the scope.
Well, now we know why it doesn't work correctly. :) Though somehow, I seem to remember seeing an example that doesn't fit your explanation.

All I know is that Addons did it correctly, and my delete key can do it as well... so perhaps one of the "checks" needs to be removed.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
OyyoDams wrote:
doctorkb wrote:Would it be possible to get a second button for u-turns, then? In Canada, they're almost universally illegal.
Done
Awesome, thanks!
doctorkb wrote:ALSO: when using this function, it would be great if it stopped at 150 edits and then said "save, and repeat". I've been getting errors when saving with too many edits.

Right -- but if you run the function in an area that has 300 reverse connections, it will happily do all 300 of them. Could it check that count with every change and stop (even if there are more changes to go) and tell the editor to save and click it again?
Not easy, because this part is handled by JNF. At this time I don't want to rewrite JNF ;)
Ok, I thought it might not be that hard, as it is your script that is doing two things that a simple invocation of JNF doesn't do:
1. it doesn't touch soft turns (and it's basic invocation doesn't fix u-turns, either)
2. it applies to all visible nodes, rather than just the one selected.

I figured that a check could be added between nodes -- if the save count is over 150, then stop.

That said, the workaround I have is:
1. apply the function
2. hold Ctrl-Z until the save count is at or below 150
3. save
4. repeat.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Timbones wrote:
Isn't this really to ensure you don't miss out on any points? ;)

via mobile
Well, truthfully, no.

I've got no problems hitting save with a count at 250-300... but the backend seems to have started having troubles, and 150 seemed to be the magic number as my 175 change saves were failing.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Anyone else getting an error about "Error while getting plugin data from WazeTeam..." ?

I've tried clearing my cache, refreshing the editor, rebooting my computer... no help.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
CTGreybeard wrote:Please fix the sweeper function so that it does not remove nodes that separate segments with different directionality.
Sweeper allows these deletions because WME allows them. You can delete these nodes manually. Having sweeper detect other differences and disallow the deletion is a good idea, though.
It already does a bit of that, in my observation.

There are nodes I can delete with WME but sweeper doesn't touch.
doctorkb
Send a message