Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by doctorkb
ispyisail wrote:
Update: in "Properties editor" panel, if street name or city name is empty, it will set this value as empty (that means it will delete it).
What's the advantage of this?

Why have you done this?

Just trying to get my head around it.
Well, the usefulness of it is that there are often roads outside a city where the basemap has the nearby city name assigned incorrectly.

This is a handy feature... And makes it work how it should.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
ispyisail wrote:Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for sounding basic but do do you use it?

This was my guess

Then tick city and delete "Multiple" ?

But it won't let me?
I don't know the specifics. Are you a Level 6 editor? Some of the Toolbox features are restricted to that...
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
SuperDave1426 wrote:Thanks. :-)

Once again, this illustrates, really well, why the plugin itself should be permanently cached until there's a new version to be downloaded via the loader, or just drop the "loader" concept and put the plugin itself into the Chrome Store (which also lets it be auto-updated, albeit not as quickly).

Just sayin'..... :?
SuperDave,

I initially pushed for this as well, but Oyyo has incorporated certain features that aren't available to all editor ranks. If he put it out there in the webstore or other "public" area, it could be reverse-engineered to circumvent these restrictions.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
SuperDave1426 wrote:Seriously. It needs to be made "server fault tolerant." Keeping the last downloaded version cached and only downloading when a new version is available (or the cache gets wiped for some reason) would go a long way towards accomplishing that.
I'm not going to disagree there! :)
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
petervdveen wrote:Or you just accept you cannot use the toolbox for a few hours.
Also valid... though it does take *forever* to timeout, and if you're dealing with unlock requests, I'm at the point where I just disable it.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
ispyisail wrote:Feature request

Bulk change street name Abbreviations

https://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/How ... reviations

Example

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=176.24 ... =161686781

I want to change all the street names from "Street" to "St"
This is a request I've put forward a while ago.

I believe Twister-UK is working on something... Not sure where it is at, though.

If OyyoDams wants to include it, I have prepared the necessary regexp translations for Canada, which should be pretty similar for the rest of the world.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Bug: in segment list, blank elevations are displayed as ground, though this is not technically correct.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
OyyoDams wrote:
doctorkb wrote:Bug: in segment list, blank elevations are displayed as ground, though this is not technically correct.
By default, when no elevation is set , it's 0 aka ground.
So, why are there two options in the Elevation list:
"" (no value)
and
"Ground" (value "0")
?

It seems to me that they are, indeed, different.

I haven't tested it, but if one segment has elevation "" and the other is "Ground", they may be seen as different elevations, meaning that the remove-junction feature (and similar) won't work. Not to mention the fact that there is then a lack of consistency that we can't see in the segment list.
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
OyyoDams wrote:I think "" is a bug of display in elevation list. Try it yourself: set elevation to "" on a segment, save, then reload the editor. The segment you've just edit has elevation set to "ground" again. So for sure ground is the default.
Ok, so that means we can't change it *to* "" -- but that doesn't mean there aren't segments where this is set to the blank value.

So, two questions:
1. is the data not available to display?
2. or are you just not wanting to display it differently (despite being different data)?
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
I've reloaded the editor a few times and I'm still having issues with the panning when both URO+ and WMET are enabled.

Forgot to mention, I'm using TamperMonkey for both to be included.

Is there a preferred loading order perhaps?

Any other tips?
doctorkb
Send a message