Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SuperDave1426
OyyoDams wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:Just wanted to drop a note here that "redo roundabout" is still adding +1 to elevation when it's run. Is that something which can be fixed?
Yes redo roundabout has to be rebuilt from scratch. I'm working on it but it may take some time.
Ok, thanks. Glad to know it's being worked on. :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I've noticed in the highlighting section of the tool is an entry for "dead-end roundabout." Forgive the semi-stupid question, but what is a dead-end roundabout? Aren't roundabouts, by definition, NOT a dead end? :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
OyyoDams wrote:No, a roundabout is NOT a dead-end. A roundabout is used to connect several roads in a circular way.

When there is a dead-end (cul-de-sac), you must not draw a roundabout at the end of the segment.
tonestertm wrote:SuperDave, the tool highlights when an overzealous or point-farming editor has erroneously placed a roundabout in the round end of a cul-de-sac. We have a Level 4 editor out here who loves to do this.
Ah, ok, so that's what it means. I was kind-of confused about the term. Thanks for explaining it!

So, if I understand correctly, this will basically highlight a roundabout that only has one road sticking out of it?

Side note: You'd think that a Rank 4 would know better than that by the time he/she makes it that far.... :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Is the Junction Node Fixer that this toolbox relies on also going to be moved to the Chrome store before Google locks down being able to install plugins locally? :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
The Toolbox isn't loading for me this morning. Doesn't even seem to be trying - I don't see the usual Chrome status message at the bottom that it's waiting on wazeteam.com, etc. I just checked and the loader extension is still there and enabled.....

Anyone else having this problem?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Thanks. :-)

Once again, this illustrates, really well, why the plugin itself should be permanently cached until there's a new version to be downloaded via the loader, or just drop the "loader" concept and put the plugin itself into the Chrome Store (which also lets it be auto-updated, albeit not as quickly).

Just sayin'..... :?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
doctorkb wrote:SuperDave,

I initially pushed for this as well, but Oyyo has incorporated certain features that aren't available to all editor ranks. If he put it out there in the webstore or other "public" area, it could be reverse-engineered to circumvent these restrictions.
Ok, fine, I can understand that. Then it needs to keep a local copy of what the loader downloads cached, and then if the loader can't contact the server for some reason, you've still got a working toolbox. Doing this would create even less of a load on that server, since the loader app would only have to actually download a new copy if there's an updated version or a change to your editor rank level.

There's a lot of people using this Toolbox app. Having them all rely on a server to get the app each time they want to use it (AKA, a single point of failure) creates a lot of headaches for those who use it. It's extremely aggravating to be trying to do map edits and have a tool that you rely on just suddenly disappear or stop working.

As illustrated every time the server goes down or other reasons for things like this happening. :(

Seriously. It needs to be made "server fault tolerant." Keeping the last downloaded version cached and only downloading when a new version is available (or the cache gets wiped for some reason) would go a long way towards accomplishing that.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Now, if only we could get OyyoDams to agree with it.... :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
OyyoDams wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:Now, if only we could get OyyoDams to agree with it.... :D
It's not just a question of "yes or no". Some of magic features of Toolbox need this external hotsing. Besides, I've already tried to cache the code and the result was a nightmare. So for now it works better like that.
Except when it doesn't work at all. 8-)

But I see your point. It's a shame that it's designed in a way which requires something like a server which can go down or otherwise become unreasonable. Admittedly, it's been a LONG time since I slung any code, but designing something in a way where such a small thing can bring the entire thing down for everyone was always something that was to be avoided whenever possible. So I naturally have a dislike for this particular system that you've come up with. No criticism intended, I'm just thinking out loud. But given what you're doing with it, I see the reasoning.

I still don't have to like it, though. :mrgreen:

Well, here's to hoping that server meltdowns are few and far between! :D Thanks for the explanation!
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
fred-porto wrote:A new bug is found with the new editor's CHAT function.. at least with Chrome!

Toolbox cant handle the change of zoom level if the CHAT panel is open... roads becomes static while imagens are zoomed in or out.

If toolbox is disabled, zoom is ok.

Fred
+1
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message