Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SuperDave1426
OyyoDams wrote:Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I know best. But if you prefer to use a bugged feature instead of waiting for some hours, it's your problem not mine. And I'm very surprised to see such a reaction from a champ.
With all due respect, I think that you're missing his point.

It's one thing to advocate/advise against using "addon X" because of {insert reason here}. It is an entirely different matter, however, to say, "If you're using my addon, I will not permit you to use 'addon X' because of {insert reason here}.'" Regardless of the intention, it comes across extremely arrogant (and the attitude shown in the above quotation, whether intended or not, only furthers that impression). It also sets a really bad precedent for other addon authors.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I didn't say you were arrogant. I said that the attitude being shown in the posts *looks* arrogant. It comes across badly. Gives people a bad taste in their mouths, so to speak.

And for the record, I personally don't use the WME Addons addon, I'm only using your Toolbox. I'm mentioning this for the sake of clarity; I have no vested interest in this particular subject. I was simply trying to explain *why* (IMO), doctorkb is raising the objections that he is.

He *is* a Waze Champ (and yes, I'm aware that you are as well), which I suspect means that he knows the subject matter and pitfalls, etc., better than a snot-nosed Rank 2 editor. :D I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong, but what it looks like to me is that his biggest objection is that you've taken this stance that "if you want to use my addon, I won't allow you to use that other addon (for *whatever* the reason; how valid it is or not is not the point)."

I realize you most likely don't *mean* it this way, but the way it comes across is, "I know better than you, I don't care what your objection/reason is, you can either do it my way without that other tool that's dangerous but you like it and have indicated that you've used it effectively, or do it without my tool." And that, to the average reader, comes across as being rather arrogant. Even though you aren't and didn't mean it to look that way.

That's all I'm saying. ;)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I did a quick check - didn't make any changes, but when I selected a segment of road and brought up the Properties editor, it showed, properly, the country and state.

I tried to bring up the Properties editor when a landmark was selected, but nothing came up. Is this the expected behavior?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
+1

You know, this is the kind of thing that can make people leery of using a given script/tool.... :?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
If I may make a suggestion, to perhaps alleviate this kind of problem in the future?

Don't make the script dependent on the server being there. We download a loader script addon from Google Play. That addon then downloads the actual toolbox script. How about having it so that it downloads that script and then keeps it cached locally. Each time you load up the editor map or reload, the loader can check to see if there's a newer version and then download it. If there's not a newer version or access to the server times out/is rejected/etc., then it falls back to using the locally-cached copy instead.

That way, if the server does this again, people can still use the toolbox.

Thoughts?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
petervdveen wrote:When redrawing a roundabout it sets the elevation +1
Also It doesn't remember the lock level.
I just checked some roundabouts I redid a few days ago - confirmed. That needs to be fixed. :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
FWIW, I now have no toolbox at all. The extensions page within Chrome says I have the loader version 1.1.6, but when I refresh a page, it doesn't even seem to make the attempt to load the toolbox itself.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Well, when I saw all this talk of "new version working," I refreshed my WME frame to get it to update the toolbox (my extensions page says the loader is currently at 1.2.0). I got a big yellow window telling me that the loader needs to be updated and to click on the link it provides to update that. I clicked on it, only to get a Chrome Store Error telling me that the item isn't found.

Maybe it's just me, but this does not seem like much of an improvement.... ;) :roll:
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Well, the main editor seems to be working again. But the toolbox isn't..... (getting the popup that says the plugin is having trouble getting data from the waze team server)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Just wanted to drop a note here that "redo roundabout" is still adding +1 to elevation when it's run. Is that something which can be fixed?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message