Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SuperDave1426
Atuuu wrote:When you move pointer on other editor - to see it's name - toolbox doesn't show it (after disabling toolbox it works).
Same here.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
pumrum wrote:It would be hugely helpful to have the tool highlight all soft nodes (not just nodes between two segments).

Also, separately, highlight all end nodes with u-turns enabled. The consensus seems to be that U-Turns should never be enabled on end nodes (except in rare occasions that I have not come across yet)
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/ ... hssign.gif

Although I would add that it should have an option available to highlight any end node that doesn't have a hard U-Turn restriction. I ran into a case once where a soft restriction still got someone routed down a dead-end street when that nav bug kicked in.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
orbitc wrote:I think, the option should be added for toolbox the show U-Turns at the end of segments. Those who prefer to see it or not can either enable or disable from the toolbox menu on the righthand side.
That sounds good. There's already an option to highlight U-Turns - just add an extra one that can be clicked on or off that will highlight end nodes that have either U-Turn permitted (green) or soft restriction (red with a question mark). That would make a fabulous addition to the Toolbox. :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I was just curious to know if there are plans to add the end-node U-Turn highlighting option to the Toolbox at some point. I wasn't sure if the response was "Yea that would be nice" or "Yea that would be nice and I'll be working on it at some point." :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
paulkok_my wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:I was just curious to know if there are plans to add the end-node U-Turn highlighting option to the Toolbox at some point. I wasn't sure if the response was "Yea that would be nice" or "Yea that would be nice and I'll be working on it at some point." :-)
Check out WME Validator.
Thanks, that looks promising! Does it work along with the Toolbox, or are they likely to get into an argument if I have them both running? :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
paulkok_my wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:Thanks, that looks promising! Does it work along with the Toolbox, or are they likely to get into an argument if I have them both running? :-)
So far I do not face any problems with toolbox running.
Yea, I'm running it now. Not only does it seem to get along with the Toolbox, I discovered it's got a setting to include things that the Toolbox highlights when you have it produce a full report. VERY nice! Looks like these two complement each other nicely. :-)

Thanks for pointing it out!
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Feature request! :D

As we all know, the Toolbox provides a toolbar which has a button that permalinks to Google Maps. Would it be possible to also include another button which permalinks to Google Map Maker?

There have been times when I've been double checking a Waze map against a Google map, and found that Google was wrong (road doesn't actually exist, etc.). Since I try to be complete, I'll want to put in a request to have the wrong thing corrected on the Google Maps side, and you need the Map Maker to do that. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to transition from Google Maps to the Map Maker and I end up wasting a bunch of time scrolling around in the Maker trying to find the location I'm looking at in Maps.

An extra button in the Toolbox toolbar would be a big help for those situations. :-)

Any chance of it in a future version?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
tonestertm wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:Unfortunately, there's no easy way to transition from Google Maps to the Map Maker and I end up wasting a bunch of time scrolling around in the Maker trying to find the location I'm looking at in Maps.
Couldn't be much easier; Just click the link in the lower right of the Google window that says "Edit in Google Map Maker". Opens it in the exact same spot for me.
MapMaker Link.jpg
Where I'm at, Google is starting to migrate to the "New Google Maps." Part of the time I get the old one that you're used to seeing which I guess has that link. However, in the new Google Maps (which I'm getting more often), no such link exists. I just went and looked again to verify that it wasn't simply a case of my not being observant. :-)

Please click here to see the whole screenshot, and notice the complete lack of anything that even remotely says "Edit in Google Map Maker." :D

And no, none of the things in the lower-right of that screen have an option to do it, either. Also, even when I'm logged into Google services, there's still no "edit in MM" option showing anywhere - I just double-checked that, too. "Report a problem" does not bring up the map interface, it brings up a thing where you can click on something and then make a comment about it.

I imagine that Google is migrating that way, and eventually the old map will be a thing of the past. Since we don't know if there's going to be an "edit in map maker" option ever added on Google's end (to the new map interface), having a button in the Toolbox toolbar would be really useful in the meantime. :mrgreen:
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Last edited by SuperDave1426 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SuperDave1426
Thortok2000 wrote:@SuperDave:

Exactly, you can still switch back to classic,
For now, sure. :-) But this is Google we're talking about; eventually, once they're sure it's all working as it should, the "classic" map will go away. It's only a matter of time (how much time is anyone's guess <grin>).
but in the new one you only have the option to report stuff, not to go into mapmaker and fix it yourself.

However, mapmaker has a pretty good search feature so finding my spot isn't hard, it's just annoying to have to do.
Sure, that's what I've been doing - searching and then scrolling around to find the exact location. If OyyoDams can't add the extra button for whatever reason, then that's what I'll have to continue to do. ;) But I figure there's no harm asking for a useful feature like a permalink-to-mapmaker button to be added if it can be, eh? :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Last edited by SuperDave1426 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SuperDave1426
Thortok2000 wrote:Awesome!

While we're at it, could we somehow have the 'earth' layer default to on in the google links? Or provide it as an option in the settings window?

If not, that's fine, I'm more than happy just to have the mapmaker link mostly working. ^_^
+1. On both. :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message