Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by OyyoDams
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I know best. But if you prefer to use a bugged feature instead of waiting for some hours, it's your problem not mine. And I'm very surprised to see such a reaction from a champ.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
I'm not arrogant. I've explained many times, that WME Addons is not developped anymore. It's now a bugged addon which shouldn't be used. But it has great features that have to be fixed. That's what I'm working on, even on week-end, for free, for Waze, and for all editors.
I've blocked WME Addons while Toolbox is in used for TECHNICAL reasons. If you still want to use WME Addons, just disable Toolbox. You just can't use both plugins at the same time.
I'll fix bugged functions and add missing features from WME Addons to Toolbox. So please just be patient!
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
Ok I hope this will end the discussion:

New/Fix: Suppress Unneeded Junctions from WME Addons debugged and enabled in Toolbox (for L3 and more users, as this shouldn't be used by beginners)
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
CTGreybeard wrote:And, if you will allow me, I have one other report ... this node is removed by unneeded junctions and, yet, when it does, toolbox reports that the two segments are "same connexion" segments. As I don't fully understand the implication of same connexion segments I am unsure if this is a real problem or not.
Well now unneeded junctions shouldn't remove this node anymore. If you remove it, you have 2 segments which are connected to same starting and ending nodes. The navigation algorithm doesn't like that.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
Fix: When opening configuration panel with a popup displayed, and disabling popups, the last popup doesn't disappear
Improvement: Select in land mark - large or strict selection modes
New: Permalink to Waze Livemap
New: Snapping control from WME Addons added in Toolbox configuration panel
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
doctorkb wrote:You know, given the abilities that OyyoDams has, I'm sure he could have just prevented that particular feature from working, rather than basically saying "you can't use that toy in my sandbox".

It isn't a *warning* -- it's a flat-out disabling of the script and any ability to edit at all until one or the other is disabled.
One more time, for technical reasons, I had do do this. It's very complicated to allow 2 scripts that have same functions running at the same time. My priority was to put Addons features in Toolbox, not to find a way to allow these 2 scripts running together.
doctorkb wrote:I'm very impressed with the improvements OyyoDams is making to the functionality of Addons, within Toolbox. And the fact that it now does everything that Addons does/did, I'm ok disabling the old in favour of the new.
Thanks, now I hope you understand why I just asked you to wait for some hours.
doctorkb wrote:OyyoDams: PLEASE don't do this again if you decide that JNF or Highlights or URO does something you think it shouldn't. This wouldn't be as big of a deal if a person could choose to not upgrade to the latest version -- but alas, upgrades happen automatically with no advance notice.
You don't have to worry about that. I'm not a script killer, and I respect the work of other guys. By the way, I have good relations with Timbones. Since I've put Toolbox layers on the right of the screen, you can ever user Toolbox and Highlight at the same time without switching panels.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
New: Country and State in Properties editor

Note: I can't test State because this is not available in France. Can you tell me if it works as expected ?
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
doctorkb wrote:One bug with the "unneeded nodes" feature.

I deal a lot with these nodes:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... TT&env=usa

You'll see Hwy 770 crosses a river -- there is a node on each end of the bridge.

Addons would remove both notes (which is correct).
Toolbox's implementation only removes one. It won't touch the other, even if you save and execute the "sweep" again.
Can you refresh and try again ?
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
doctorkb wrote:Bug:
"Fix u-turns, reverse connections, dead-end and unterminated roads" button does not behave as self-described.

It appears to fix reverse connections and unterminated roads, but doesn't seem to touch the u-turns.
You're right, it's not a bug, I just forgot to remove u-turns from the description. The autofix of U-turns has been removed some months ago, because U-turns are not considered anymore as a bug, and might be wanted. So you can now display them, but not mass-fix them.
doctorkb wrote:ALSO: when using this function, it would be great if it stopped at 150 edits and then said "save, and repeat". I've been getting errors when saving with too many edits.
That's already the case: when the counter of edits is > 150, you can't use this function until you save.
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by OyyoDams
Fix: bug with beta editor
New: beta/prod editor + other permalinks: ÖAMTC maps (Austria) and Geo Admin (Swiss)
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message