[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Toolbox

Postby rafaelds » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Greetings, OyyoDams!

First of all, thank you very much for your work! If it's not too much to ask, can I make a couple of suggestions?

• Would it be possible to add a permalink to Maplink button? Maplink is the official provider of mapping data for Google in Brazil, but Google only fetches their data every 1-2 years. They offer quite good maps, and provide data for many GPSs sold in Brazil. Their permalink syntax is
    Code: Select all
    http://www.maplink.com.br/?loc=LAT,LON,ZOOM
    where LAT and LON are in decimal degrees and ZOOM varies from 1 to 19 (min/max).
  • Also, it would be extremely helpful to have a kind of "Open in Google Earth" button/permalink. I'm not sure how feasible this would be, maybe it would require generating a KML file. Google Earth is especially important for me because of the historical imagery feature (default images aren't always the most recent ones, they seem to be chosen by quality).

Thank you very much for your attention,

Rafael
rafaelds

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby rivercitysyn » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Is there a reason permissions are set so that the extension has access to so much in Chrome?

Would it be possible to restrict them in the next release for peace of mind?
ImageImageImageImage
rivercitysyn

Postby russblau » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:22 pm

steveningelbrecht wrote:But the not showing of the username when hovering over the chat / icon is connected with toolbox...

Evidently in code inherited from WME Add-Ons, because the problem also exists when that script is loaded.
ImageImage
AM Northern Virginia/Washington, D.C./Sussex County, DE
russblau
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby shawndoc » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Clear Road Geometry is grayed out for me.
California, USA - OC/LA/SB/Riverside L5 Country Editor
shawndoc
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby shawndoc » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:02 am

When running Toolbox load, the URO tab isn't visible. Disabling the toolbox loader allows URO to work.

Loader 1.0.3
Toolbox v1.2.0.1

Update: After turning on-off toolbox, and reloading multiple times URO showed up.
shawndoc
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby shawndoc » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:42 am

I've got the flashing issue as well. When JNF and WME Toolbox are both enabled, lots of flashing. Disabling either one stops the flashing (or reduces it greatly).

This is on Chrome. WME Toolbox 1.2.0.8 JNF 0.0.7.7

Only seems to happen on the beta editor.
shawndoc
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby shawndoc » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:44 pm

OyyoDams wrote:Another question: when it flashes, do you see flashing scrollbars on the sides of the screen (any side) ?

No. What is "flashing" is the satellite layer, and whatever the new dark gray layer (when you have satellite off) is. Basically they disappear, showing the white background for a split second before displaying again.
shawndoc
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby shawndoc » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:14 pm

I haven't seen the flash bug today, so looks like it is fixed.

Update: I still get the occasional flash after a scroll in/out, but nothing like the horrible strobe light effect I was getting before when scrolling the screen around.

So don't know if it as something you changed, or maybe the better editor response times I making it less noticeable?
shawndoc
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby shawndoc » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:09 pm

Just to update.... I do get occasional flashes of white, but its not like before where it was 4 or 5 flashes per movement of the map. Now its just occasionally a single flash after zooming in/out.
shawndoc
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby shawndoc » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:41 pm

doctorkb wrote:
Timbones wrote:
doctorkb wrote:ALSO: when using this function, it would be great if it stopped at 150 edits and then said "save, and repeat". I've been getting errors when saving with too many edits.

Isn't this really to ensure you don't miss out on any points? ;)

via mobile

Well, truthfully, no.

I've got no problems hitting save with a count at 250-300... but the backend seems to have started having troubles, and 150 seemed to be the magic number as my 175 change saves were failing.

I can vouch for what my fellow "doctor" describes, at least with the beta editor. Somewhere around 150+ edits you start getting errors when you try to save. I've had it be as low as 120, but usually its somewhere around 160. Probably depends a lot on the type of edits you are making. But can be a real pain when I'm on a tear and forget to save.
shawndoc
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts