[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby BellHouse » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:19 pm

sketch wrote:In the first post of this thread, "P.S. "WME Color Highlights [enhanced]" must be uninstalled."

Oops, thanks, I over-read that. :oops:

But still, I think it should be possible to untangle this knot. IMHO, the two scripts currently co-exist very smoothly (both activated), with the exception of Toolbox' auto-hide issue.
Global Champ / DACH Champ / CM Germany / Self-Management-Team Germany
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlexN-114 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:57 pm

BellHouse wrote:
sketch wrote:In the first post of this thread, "P.S. "WME Color Highlights [enhanced]" must be uninstalled."

Oops, thanks, I over-read that. :oops:

But still, I think it should be possible to untangle this knot. IMHO, the two scripts currently co-exist very smoothly (both activated), with the exception of Toolbox' auto-hide issue.

I use both together and have normally no problems with them. In this case I have the problem only with Firefox, Google Chrome works well.
Normally I don't use the Auto-Hide function, because I don't like the jumping of the map.
But perhaps it would be a nice idea to move the sidebar on the right side and auto hide there. ;)
best regards Alex ;)
AM Waldviertel (NÖ)/Forest quarter (Lower Austria) / CM Austria / GC
HiLiCi @ greasyfork.org or @ userscripts.org
AlexN-114
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlexN-114 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:02 pm

sketch wrote:I find all the features of Color Highlights I used daily are present in Toolbox; if I ever need anything else I can always disable one and enable the other temporarily.

In some countries HiLiCi has features, which are absent in the Toolbox. ;)
best regards Alex ;)
AM Waldviertel (NÖ)/Forest quarter (Lower Austria) / CM Austria / GC
HiLiCi @ greasyfork.org or @ userscripts.org
AlexN-114
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby vectorspace » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:25 am

Is there any instance where this script has been known to alter the "Created:" editor? I think I have an example of that, but want to try to reproduce it in case it is some other issue, like my memory.

Edit:

I was able to reproduce this behavior in the Toolbox script. I need to work on it more, but it seems to occur when there is a red (no city/street) loop road that has a reverse connection, and would display the magenta triangle if that display is turned on. It has happened at a square loop and also on a roundabout. Once the fix button (level-6) is pressed, the loop part of the road has its "creator" changed to the current editor, but other attached roads do not change creator. My guess is that there is a slight bug in the script somewhere. I will try to reproduce on test roads I can get others to create.
vectorspace
vectorspace

Postby vectorspace » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:03 am

I've been editing a number of things, at times trying to reproduce this bug, while simultaneously writing wiki pages, and in that mix have been able to reproduce a bug in the toolbox script and upset a local editor in the Baltimore/DC area for reasons unknown.

In any case, I got a hold of txemt and we did an experiment that reproduces this bug. Here are the steps to reproduce it. You will need two editors to do this.

(A) EDITOR #1
(1) draw a short segment of new road connected to an existing road. Do not alter direction or city name/road name. Leave it so it will be red.
(2) draw a roundabout at the end of the new segment of road so you have a lollipop shape. Do not alter the city name/road name so it will also be red.
(3) If you turn on the reverse connections highlighter in the toolbox menu, you should get a magenta triangle warning sign at the intersection of the new road segment.

(B)EDITOR #2, level-6
(1) Go to this region at a high enough zoom level that you can edit roads (100 m or less). See the new red road created above. Turn on the reverse connections highlighter so you can also see the magenta triangle.
(2) Click on each of the two items to verify that EDITOR #1 created both the road and the segment.
(3) Click on the Magenta Triangle button in the Toolbox, the one that fixes reverse connections, dead ends, and terminated roads. I assume you have to be level-6 to do this.
(4) Now click on each of the three segments that results, the original road and the two segments of the resulting roundabout that was split. The roundabout will now have a creator of EDITOR #2.

This also works with roads that are single-node loops that are not roundabouts. I don't know if it matters if you change these to regular roads with city names and they are not red. I didn't bother trying to see if it did the same thing.

I don't know if this is a bug or feature, but wanted to report it in case it was of value to the people maintaining the script!
vectorspace
vectorspace

Postby orbitc » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:23 pm

I've noticed that as well. I tried to test them here. Take a look.
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
• ßeta Tester
• iOS ßeta: Always the latest version
• WME ßeta

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby iainhouse » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:40 pm

It's not a bug and the script isn't changing the creator. As you've probably experienced in the past, you can't simply add a node to these loops - WME throws an error. The script simply takes the simpler route of deleting and re-drawing them. If you check segment IDs, you'll see they change.

There was a bug some time ago that caused the loops to be locked at your level. I was questioned as to why I had locked some residential loops at 6! :lol:
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby vectorspace » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:21 pm

iainhouse wrote:It's not a bug and the script isn't changing the creator. As you've probably experienced in the past, you can't simply add a node to these loops - WME throws an error. The script simply takes the simpler route of deleting and re-drawing them. If you check segment IDs, you'll see they change. ...

Thanks iainhouse... As I mentioned in my post, I can see that this might not be a bug, but the result of the approach of editing. Deleting and redrawing the road is understandable to avoid the error.

I also don't know the WME-database API limits with the home database and what can be changed. If it is possible to change the creator though, I think a superior solution would be to save the creator information, delete the road, and redraw with the original creator information. That is what the logical and expected answer would be for someone using the tool. If the database API rejects such change, then of course the existing approach is all that can be done.
vectorspace
vectorspace

powerful

Postby dbraughlr » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:48 pm

Note that the correct spelling of powerfull is powerful.
dbraughlr

Postby iainhouse » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:57 pm

I can't speak with direct experience as to what the API allows - geniuses like the author of this script could answer definitively. However I have picked up a little about the way the scripts work and I like to think I know a bit about computing in general. ;)

I would be, frankly, amazed if the WME API allows you to change the creator. The API is there to allow WME to work - and creating segments under another editor identity is simply not something that WME does. If it was possible, the potential for mischief would be high. I have no doubt that creator is not an attribute that can be specified when creating a segment - it will be set by the server based on the logged in user asking for the segment to be created.

AFAIK the scripts only have access to objects and attributes that are available in the editor anyway. For example, note how average segment speed has recently become unavailable because it's been removed as an available segment attribute. In the same way, the scripts can only perform actions that can already be performed by editors. Although some scripts may seem to perform incredibly complex actions, they're just doing what computers are supposed to be good at doing - automating things that take too much time to do ourselves. :)
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts