[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby OyyoDams » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:15 pm

russblau wrote:The Auto Split Loops [L5] feature is trying to edit segments that are outside the editable area. (Yes, some rank 5 editors do have limited editable areas.) Before you try to edit a segment (seg), you need to check that the following is true:

Code: Select all
if (!seg.isLockedByHigherRank()
   && (seg.type == Waze.Model.ObjectType.SEGMENT)
   && (seg.isAllowed(seg.PERMISSIONS.EDIT_PROPERTIES)))

Good point I'll add it.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:18 pm

OyyoDams wrote:
Fix: [L5] Auto split loops: bug fix and improvement

Getting closer. :D

I continue to find loops like this one that will sweep to remove and then fix the loop back and forth. Sometimes you can even save in between and it will stop, but then permalink again and it starts the circle again. I messed with a few others doing that process over and over on the same loop with a save sometimes after a sweep and sometimes after a loop fix. Not sure the combination, but eventually the loop stops the cycle and it no longer requires a fix. This one above seems to be in that category so I left it unsaved. I believe the current extra node was added by the loop script by me with 1.4.2.5 today.

Another loop highlighted here will want to be swept right after a permalink, and then the loop process begins like the others above. However the two loops on the map directly above this one did not have the problem until I messed with one of them. :lol: For fun I removed the node that used to be at the corner of this segment. The loop fix added a new junction between these segments. Now the sweeper wants to remove the south-most junction. No further saves done here.

Here are two more loops that the loop fix just fixed for me, but after the save and permalink they want to be swept.

For comparison, these two loops did not show the problem described above. The loops needed fixing and never allowed the sweeper to fix the extra nodes after all my attempts to confuse it. ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (Straightening Roads)

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:03 pm

Toolbox believes this segment should be straightened, but in my opinion it pulls the road a little too far off the actual road since it curves. It seems like it might be a little too aggressive in what it is considering is a straight enough line.

(I originally made this same comment in the Validator thread and Sketch agreed with my comment over there.)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bz2012 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:17 pm

There seems to be some problem with the 'loop splitter'.
Sometimes it may insert the node in such a way that the inserted node ends up between two nodes that were NOT previously connected.

I am seeing 'overlappling segments' and 'angle not allowed' errors.

It is, of course, possible that the error existed there already, due to old, bad mapping.
Next time, this happens, I will undo and see if I can find a problem before the splitting was done.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby BellHouse » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:55 pm

bz2012 wrote:I am seeing 'overlappling segments' and 'angle not allowed' errors.

Are you sure you have the latest version (1.4.2.5)? For me, those errors were fixed in the latest version.
Global Champ / DACH Champ / CM Germany / Self-Management-Team Germany
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Arnoniem » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:21 pm

Isn't it posible to use the Validator method for recognising unneeded nodes? Validator doesn't Mark the previous loops nodes and does also Mark quite some more nodes which are not fixed by the suppres.... function but are indeed useless.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
Global Champs BeNeLux Champs UAE Champs Android Beta Testers
CM:The Netherlands CM:U.A.E. CM:Oman CM:Thailand
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby berestovskyy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:31 pm

russblau wrote:
if (!seg.isLockedByHigherRank()
   && (seg.type == Waze.Model.ObjectType.SEGMENT)
   && (seg.isAllowed(seg.PERMISSIONS.EDIT_PROPERTIES)))

There is also a segment.arePropertiesEditable() function which works fine both in WME and Validator.
berestovskyy

Postby bz2012 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:05 pm

BellHouse wrote:
bz2012 wrote:I am seeing 'overlappling segments' and 'angle not allowed' errors.

Are you sure you have the latest version (1.4.2.5)? For me, those errors were fixed in the latest version.

Yes. I have the latest update installed. I am trying to reproduce and gather data.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:00 pm

General forum question to followers of this particular thread:

In this thread after new posts are added, when I select the link to view the first unread post, I am usually taken to a post about 1 page or so earlier (which I have already read). I have only noticed this for this thread. All other threads appear to be acting correctly. I wonder if the VERY high post count in this thread is causing this issue. I will check the Jolly Drivers thread to see if it is happening there as well.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby PesachZ » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:02 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:General forum question to followers of this particular thread:

In this thread after new posts are added, when I select the link to view the first unread post, I am usually taken to a post about 1 page or so earlier (which I have already read). I have only noticed this for this thread. All other threads appear to be acting correctly. I wonder if the VERY high post count in this thread is causing this issue. I will check the Jolly Drivers thread to see if it is happening there as well.
I also notice it, iirc only here (maybe in TTS testing thread too). Definitely not everywhere

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
ImageImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts