[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:46 am

After you use the loop fix you have a message:
All loops splitted

It would be better to say:
Split all loops

since "splitted" is not a word. ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:59 am

kentsmith9 wrote:
OyyoDams wrote:Strange I can't reproduce it:

ScreenShot029.jpg

This one is strange. I can make it remove the node (in error) by permalinking the page and then sweeping it. Then if I undo the changes, sweeping again shows your result. Permalink again and then I can make it fail. Undo the changes and then it will not have a problem.

Two more examples doing the same thing. These two loops near each other will have the extra node removed after the sweeper, showing an incorrect loop. Undo the 4 saved edits and try again, but nothing happens the second time. Permalink and it fails again.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:18 pm

OyyoDams wrote:
Code: Select all
Fix: [L5] Auto split loops: bug fix and improvement

Getting closer. :D

I continue to find loops like this one that will sweep to remove and then fix the loop back and forth. Sometimes you can even save in between and it will stop, but then permalink again and it starts the circle again. I messed with a few others doing that process over and over on the same loop with a save sometimes after a sweep and sometimes after a loop fix. Not sure the combination, but eventually the loop stops the cycle and it no longer requires a fix. This one above seems to be in that category so I left it unsaved. I believe the current extra node was added by the loop script by me with 1.4.2.5 today.

Another loop highlighted here will want to be swept right after a permalink, and then the loop process begins like the others above. However the two loops on the map directly above this one did not have the problem until I messed with one of them. :lol: For fun I removed the node that used to be at the corner of this segment. The loop fix added a new junction between these segments. Now the sweeper wants to remove the south-most junction. No further saves done here.

Here are two more loops that the loop fix just fixed for me, but after the save and permalink they want to be swept.

For comparison, these two loops did not show the problem described above. The loops needed fixing and never allowed the sweeper to fix the extra nodes after all my attempts to confuse it. ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox (Straightening Roads)

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:03 pm

Toolbox believes this segment should be straightened, but in my opinion it pulls the road a little too far off the actual road since it curves. It seems like it might be a little too aggressive in what it is considering is a straight enough line.

(I originally made this same comment in the Validator thread and Sketch agreed with my comment over there.)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:00 pm

General forum question to followers of this particular thread:

In this thread after new posts are added, when I select the link to view the first unread post, I am usually taken to a post about 1 page or so earlier (which I have already read). I have only noticed this for this thread. All other threads appear to be acting correctly. I wonder if the VERY high post count in this thread is causing this issue. I will check the Jolly Drivers thread to see if it is happening there as well.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:05 pm

Of course just now I came back to the thread and the link took me directly to the post after mine. :evil:

I guess I will need to monitor it more to find the pattern.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Now this time I get taken back to a prior page here.

OK. Seems consistently broken for everyone. I think we can copy the first page to a new thread. Include a link on the first page to this thread for the older content. Put in one last post to this thread pointing to the new one, and then lock it.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:38 pm

OyyoDams wrote:*** OFF TOPIC ***

I noticed this bug too, and not only in this thread. I have it on several threads, on the web and on Tapatalk.

Can you see any pattern in the other threads that fail? This is the only one I have noticed so far for me.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:19 am

It may not just be pages, but possibly total words because some of these posts seem to be more lengthy that the Jolly Drivers.

If no one else gets to restarting this thread (details discussed previously), I will try to get to it later tonight or tomorrow.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [script] WME Toolbox

Postby khaytsus » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:50 am

Why is the "fix all" limited to level 6 when it says that it's available for CMs?
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2012 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Samsung Galaxy Note (i717 AT&T; AOKP 4.4.4)
khaytsus
Beta tester
Beta tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts