[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Toolbox

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:18 am

I have been working with the new loop fix checking out some of the problem areas. So far I have fixed about 20 locations and two of them have failed with the overlapping segment under one of the end nodes.

Here is one of them.

I noticed when I was zoomed all the way into this point and use the loop fix, 15 changes were recorded, but I only noticed this one segment (the longer of the two) was altered. I have not saved changes in case you wanted to investigate the segments.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:11 am

This loop will only break the short segment. I even tried making the short segment a primary street and the big loop a parking lot (and also tried as primary street as well), but both cases still split the short segment.

This simple loop I just now created shows 25 changes to save for this one loop alone. At least it does it correctly. No changes were saved yet.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:53 am

Arnoniem wrote:Just experienced a strange thing: the autosplit added a geometry node, close to the new "split"-node. In such a way, that there are overlapping segments and the TR arrows are in the wrong angle.
WME autosplitloops 01.jpg

Didn't save it, so you can have a look here.

That was reported back a few days ago in this entry, but maybe OyyoDams didn't catch that one:
kentsmith9 wrote:1.4.2.1

Been seeing issues sometimes on the L6 Auto Split Loops.

1. When it adds a node along a curved road, it periodically places the node directly below a geometry node which then triggers the Validator as having a problem. See image.
AutoSplitLoopOverlapNode.jpg

kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:58 am

OyyoDams wrote:About the number of edits: that reflects the reality! One of the 2 segments is deleted, 2 new segments are created, sreets names are applied, connexions with other segments are established, turn rights fixed...

@Amonlem thanks for your last report I'll take a look.

Wow. I was assuming you could simply add a new segment to the desired point along the long segment and then delete the newly added segment before it is saved. No roads have to be named and all turns should be already correct. No need to redraw the new segment to replace the original.

But it seems like I have seen loop updates that only show 2 or 3 edit changes. Am I confused and that is not possible?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:00 am

kentsmith9 wrote:1.4.2.3

This loop will only break the short segment. I even tried making the short segment a primary street and the big loop a parking lot (and also tried as primary street as well), but both cases still split the short segment.

Just now I ran across it again and it is splitting the long segment. No changes saved.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:41 am

OyyoDams wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:
BellHouse wrote:This works fine, now the "same endpoint connection" workarounds are preserved. Thanks!

Just installed 1.4.2.1 and found a place where the suppress unneeded junctions removes this required junction. Maybe another CM in the US can confirm if this removes the junction for them as well. Don't save the changes just in case OyyoDams needs to check something with these particular segments.

Since 1.4.2.4, do you still have this issue ?

Just tested that location. It still removed the required junction. Yes, still failing. :(
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:36 am

Found a first occurrence where the loop fix adds the junction node and then moves one of the roads from the north part of the loop to the middle. No changes saved.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-122.06571&lat=37.6413&zoom=7&layers=133&env=usa
LoopBreak.png
LoopBreak.png (986.14 KiB) Viewed 416 times
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:41 am

OyyoDams wrote:Strange I can't reproduce it:

ScreenShot029.jpg

This one is strange. I can make it remove the node (in error) by permalinking the page and then sweeping it. Then if I undo the changes, sweeping again shows your result. Permalink again and then I can make it fail. Undo the changes and then it will not have a problem.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:46 am

After you use the loop fix you have a message:
All loops splitted

It would be better to say:
Split all loops

since "splitted" is not a word. ;)
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:59 am

kentsmith9 wrote:
OyyoDams wrote:Strange I can't reproduce it:

ScreenShot029.jpg

This one is strange. I can make it remove the node (in error) by permalinking the page and then sweeping it. Then if I undo the changes, sweeping again shows your result. Permalink again and then I can make it fail. Undo the changes and then it will not have a problem.

Two more examples doing the same thing. These two loops near each other will have the extra node removed after the sweeper, showing an incorrect loop. Undo the 4 saved edits and try again, but nothing happens the second time. Permalink and it fails again.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts