[Script] WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Toolbox

Postby buryax » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:35 pm

SuperDave1426 wrote:Well, the main editor seems to be working again. But the toolbox isn't..... (getting the popup that says the plugin is having trouble getting data from the waze team server)

The same problem:

Confirm the action by https://www.waze.com

WME Toolbox: Error while gatting plugin data from WazeTeam server. Please refresh the editor.

:?
buryax

Postby OyyoDams » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Toolbox is now working on the new server. So please try again, and if it doesn't work, wait a few hours, it's because of DNS cache issue.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby sketch » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Hey, this is a wonderful box of tools. Good to see the add-ons functionality in here.

Two issues I've come across: the "refresh" and "show selected segments" buttons in the segment list are difficult to select. In Add-Ons, they used to show on the box's title bar; it seems like here they're being forced onto the next line (which isn't really there). (using Chrome 30.0)

Also, one particular function of the "select within landmark" tool I miss from Add-Ons is that you didn't have to select a landmark—it would automatically extend to a fresh, new, unsaved landmark. Not a big deal, but it saves time and clicks.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Mike-1323 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:23 pm

OyyoDams wrote:Toolbox is now working on the new server. So please try again, and if it doesn't work, wait a few hours, it's because of DNS cache issue.

Unfortunately for me the new server is being blocked by my work's network security folks. I guess I get no toolbox from work. :(
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby OyyoDams » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:
OyyoDams wrote:Toolbox is now working on the new server. So please try again, and if it doesn't work, wait a few hours, it's because of DNS cache issue.

Unfortunately for me the new server is being blocked by my work's network security folks. I guess I get no toolbox from work. :(

That's strange because it's still on the same provider. I've just switched from a virtual machine to a true real server.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby Olestas » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:57 am

The strange thing is.. wazeteam is block only after about 11:00 at my place... It works in the morning. Will try to shake admins a bit more.
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby OyyoDams » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:57 pm

Ok now Toolbox is stable again on the new server, back to the plugin itself.

New: Pictures are now stored in browser cache for faster access
New: Alert when Toolbox is updated
Update: in "Properties editor" panel, if street name or city name is empty, it will set this value as empty (that means it will delete it).
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby sketch » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:42 am

Bug (segment list):

I think it's related to the road type feature — at least, that's when it started happening. I turned on the road type column, and after the next time I refreshed the editor with a permalink, I can no longer sort the segment list columns.

I tried turning the road type column off and then refreshing, but it didn't fix it; neither did restarting Chrome.
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
new orleans based • detroit enthusiast • usa country manager
2013 ford focus titanium hatchback 5mt • performance blue
Image Image
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby OyyoDams » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:53 pm

sketch wrote:Bug (segment list):

I think it's related to the road type feature — at least, that's when it started happening. I turned on the road type column, and after the next time I refreshed the editor with a permalink, I can no longer sort the segment list columns.

I tried turning the road type column off and then refreshing, but it didn't fix it; neither did restarting Chrome.

Should be ok now.
OyyoDams
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby ispyisail » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:10 pm

Update: in "Properties editor" panel, if street name or city name is empty, it will set this value as empty (that means it will delete it).

What's the advantage of this?

Why have you done this?

Just trying to get my head around it.
New Zealand and Papua New Guinea Country Manager
ImageImageImage
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts