Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Other Maps Permalinks (WOMP)

Post by berestovskyy
WOMP 0.6.jpg
(34.78 KiB) Downloaded 5439 times
Hi!
Sorry, the script is no longer available :(

This script shows permalinks in Waze Map Editor to other map services:
  • Waze non-beta Map Editor (i.e. permalink to share):
    In WME beta it shows permalink to non-beta WME.
    In non-beta WME it shows permalink with default set of layers.
  • Open Street Maps
  • Map Quest
  • Bing Maps
  • UMP-pcPL
  • Google Maps
  • Yahoo Maps
  • Zillow (select a segment to run an address search)

WOMP works both in WME and latest WME beta 1.3-3.

Installation:
  1. For Google Chrome browser please download WOMP.0.9.crx: link to Crome CRX package
    Then drag and drop it into your Chrome Extensions Tab (chrome://extensions/)
  2. For Firefox/Greasemonkey please install the script from userscripts.org: link

Enjoy ;)

Changelog:
29.07.2013 v0.9:
- added support for Map Quest, Yahoo Maps and Zillow (address search)
- Zillow link (Z) appears over United States only
- UMP link (U) appears over Poland only
- most of the maps support hybrid/streets modes now: switch Bing Aerials Layer on/off to control map type (see known issues though)
26.07.2013 v0.8:
- works in Firefox + Greasemonkey now
23.07.2013 v0.7:
- works in non-beta WME now

Known issues:
  1. At the moment WOMP does not update permalinks on switching Bing Aerials Layer. To get a correct permalink please move or zoom the map.
  2. WOMP seems to be incompatible with "WME Google Maps link". Please uninstall/disable it to use WOMP.
  3. By clicking on the permalinks, you reset your current selection of segments/landmarks in WME. Minor issue, but if you know how to fix it - please let me know.
berestovskyy

POSTER_ID:2630595

Send a message
Last edited by berestovskyy on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote:We do already have a bookmarklet for that.
Yes, we do, but it's not posted in open forums nor in the wiki. At least, it shouldn't be. It's only in the beta testers forum because we were asked not to post the beta url. Getting the OK from Ohad is the right step.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by berestovskyy
WOMP v0.7 now works in beta and non-beta WMEs. Hope it's a bit more useful now ;)

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
doctorkb wrote:I'd suggest hosting it at UserScripts.org so it can be auto-updated... not to mention, more easily integrated into the browser.
Thanks for your feedback!

Userscripts -- hosted.
Firefox/Greasemonkey -- tested.

My original post is updated with new links to v0.8.

Please try again ;)
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
doctorkb wrote:1. hide the "U" unless you're in the right region (could check via lat/long)
2. add Yahoo, Mapquest and Zillow
3. look at the layers section to figure out if the loaded map should be satellite / hybrid / streets (i.e. if roads are off, but aerials are on, then sat.; if roads and aerials are on, hybrid; and if roads are on, but aerials are off, streets).
Done, done and done ;) With some minor issues though.

For Zillow only address search works: select a named segment then click on Z permalink.

See my original post for the new WOMP version 0.9.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
pvaladares wrote:
doctorkb wrote:Two more suggestions:

1. Waze Livemap
2. Waze non-beta -> Beta. (useful for us beta editors who want to flip over after following a permalink)
WME linking would be really appreciated
Guys, thanks for the feedback. I've sent a request to Ohad if such a permalink to the beta WME would be Ok with Waze. Waiting for a reply now...
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
I'd suggest hosting it at UserScripts.org so it can be auto-updated... not to mention, more easily integrated into the browser.

Also, it *sort of* works in Tampermonkey (at least 0.6 only sort of works). It displays the links, but they're not clickable.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Awesome!

I'm just about ready to replace the Permamaps addon with this!

Some ideas:
1. hide the "U" unless you're in the right region (could check via lat/long)
2. add Yahoo, Mapquest and Zillow
3. look at the layers section to figure out if the loaded map should be satellite / hybrid / streets (i.e. if roads are off, but aerials are on, then sat.; if roads and aerials are on, hybrid; and if roads are on, but aerials are off, streets).
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
Two more suggestions:

1. Waze Livemap
2. Waze non-beta -> Beta. (useful for us beta editors who want to flip over after following a permalink)
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by mihmax
berestovskyy wrote: Changelog:
26.07.2013 v0.8:
- works in Firefox + Greasemonkey now
23.07.2013 v0.7:
- works in non-beta WME now
Nice addon, will try now, because I use Firefox and unfortunately was not in time to subscribe to beta editor.
mihmax
Send a message