Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by berestovskyy
shawndoc wrote:Its no longer working on switching the URL between beta and non beta. I think this has to due with the change to the beta URL to /editor/
Yep, new URL path and new switching method. Please find 0.99.3 in my original post.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Seems it's happening when in beta you have UR layer switched off.

I guess it's a bug of WME beta, since it shows that UR layer is on, but actually it's off unless you reload the page or switch UR layer off and on again...
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
paulkok_my wrote:

Code: Select all

non-beta layer : TBFTFFTTTTFTTTTTTTTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    beta layer : TBFTFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTFTTTTFT
Can anything be done about this? Thanks in advance.
1. The "standard" set of layers (satellite + roads + landmarks + speed cameras + map problems + update requests) at the moment looks like this 'TBFTFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTFTTTTFT' both in beta and prod versions of WME. You have some extra 'T's at the end because of the scripts installed - some of them add extra layers to WME.

WP+ always produces permalinks with the "standard" set of layers as above so there is no mistake here.

2. If you disable all of the WME scripts (including WP+), disable UR layer and then just paste an URL with the layers as above - WME will show URs only after another reload. That is why I think it's a WME bug.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Minor fixes + new feature: you can add your own permalinks now (beta).

To add a permalink click on "+" then type a "+" and a permalink code.
To remove last added permalink click "+" then type "--".
To remove, for instance, permalink P click "+" then type "-P".
To reset permalinks to their defaults click "+" and then type "---".

Your custom permalinks are stored in the browser's local storage.

A permalink code is a javascript object or a comma separated list of objects. Example:

Code: Select all

{
	name: "P",
	title: "Demo Permalink to Livemap!",
	permalink:	"https://www.waze.com/livemap/?zoom=${livemapZoom}&lat=${lat}&lon=${lon}"
}
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
paulkok_my wrote:When I click on "+" and paste the URL address copied from the public WME, the beta WME points me to USA & Canada instead of World server.
Thanks! Please see version 1.0.1 in my original post.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
paulkok_my wrote:Can you write the script to over ride the older version when install the newer version?
v1.0.2 addresses update issues both in Chrome and Firefox (no other changes): link

Could you please confirm it updates OK now?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
McCracken808 wrote:1.0.2 doesn't seem to be loading/working. FF v25, OS X v10.9
Thanks! Fixed in 1.0.3.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
dbraughlr wrote:Can the center geocoordinates (lon,lat) of the Permalink paste be displayed in WME's Search box?

Could the Permalink simply be pasted into WME's Search box?

If the text in the clipboard is a string of segment ids, could that be used in lieu of a permalink?
It's a good idea to use the search box. I'll try to implement it, but no promises.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Thanks, but due to lack of a feedback the script is R.I.P. Sorry :-(
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by dbraughlr
Can the center geocoordinates (lon,lat) of the Permalink paste be displayed in WME's Search box?

Could the Permalink simply be pasted into WME's Search box?

If the text in the clipboard is a string of segment ids, could that be used in lieu of a permalink?
dbraughlr
Send a message