Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by sketch
I'm interested. It should be champs only, at least in the US. There are enough L5s around whom I've never, or very rarely, seen on the forums.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
shawndoc wrote:
sketch wrote:I'm interested. It should be champs only, at least in the US. There are enough L5s around whom I've never, or very rarely, seen on the forums.
:cry:
Hah, sorry. I imagine it could be available on a per-user trust basis for "good" L5s who are active on the forums and good at editing. Just code it for L5+ and hope it doesn't get into the wrong hands.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
Wow, man, this thing is wild! What a hoot! I love the bleeps and the bloops :D

The ETA the first time I ran the street/city name report was inaccurate—it said it would be done in a minute for basically the whole time, it took more like 5. It seems to be working properly now, on the connection report I'm doing—saying 4 minutes now. If it makes a difference, for the first report I stayed in the WME tab the whole time; this time I'm here and it's running in another tab in the background.

Might just be a one-time thing.

Anyway, great work!
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
What about adding a report to street names which end in a period? For instance, there is no reason for a period in "Muttonville Ln." but some editors may add it in places which use periods on their street signs.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
berestovskyy wrote: Sure, it will be implemented for US in a feature version. But I'd suggest to deal with the abbreviations in US using your "Waze Abbreviations and TTS" table. It looks a bit scary, but with some help...

1. We can make a "white" list of abbreviations with a dot at the end (i.e. "E.", "Dr.", "Intl.") so WMET will report any other abbreviation (i.e. "Ln.").

2. There are also some notes in the table like "n/a. Use alts.", so we can make another list of such the abbreviations with suggested substitutions, so WMET will report: change "Aut" abbreviation to "Autoroute", "Avn" to "Av" etc.

What do you think?
Do you mean the Google document? That is more a working document for testing rather than a list of standard abbreviations.

We hoped that "E." would be pronounced as "e" rather than "east", but it wasn't so. We hoped that "Dr." would be pronounced as "doctor" instead of as "drive" (as "Dr" is), but I'm not sure this was true either. We had similar hopes for "St." as "Saint" (rather than "St" = "street"). We also tested "Intl." as an alternative to "Int'l" for "international", but neither works.

Either way, even if "St." and "Dr." worked as desired, neither "Saint" nor "Doctor" should be found at the end of the name. Suffixes are not punctuated, so any suffix followed by a period is almost definitely incorrect -- https://www.waze.com/wiki/Abbreviations ... reviations
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Wildcard_25 wrote: And a report for U-Turns at the end of dead-end streets.
That would be great for the US as well. Not just enabled U turns, but also soft-disabled U turns.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by WildCard_25
Love the reports, just one minor change a couple of requests :)

Australia is a left-hand drive country, so all of our roundabouts are backwards (B->A) which means the only ones not in the report are the broken ones ;)

Could we get a report for Major Highways with City Names on them, as well as activating the Freeway and Railway ones (we have no official guide for Railways, but I've had to remove some city names to fix smudges and this would make it a lot easier :) ).

And a report for U-Turns at the end of dead-end streets.

Also could Incorrect lock level for Freeways (Lvl 5) and Minor Highways (Lvl 3) be activated.

Major Highways in Australia are locked to Lvl 3.

Thank you again for such an excellent tool.
WildCard_25
Send a message