Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by berestovskyy
Wildcard_25 wrote:Could we get a report for Major Highways with City Names on them
ituajr says to hold off on this?

The rest will be fixed/implemented.
sketch wrote:That would be great for the US as well. Not just enabled U turns, but also soft-disabled U turns.
Ok.

Thanks for the feedback!
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Wildcard_25 wrote:Australia is a left-hand drive country, so all of our roundabouts are backwards (B->A) which means the only ones not in the report are the broken ones ;)
Fixed.
Wildcard_25 wrote:Could we get a report for Major Highways with City Names on them, as well as activating the Freeway and Railway ones.
Done.
Wildcard_25 wrote:And a report for U-Turns at the end of dead-end streets.
Done.
Wildcard_25 wrote:Also could Incorrect lock level for Freeways (Lvl 5) and Minor Highways (Lvl 3) be activated.
Major Highways in Australia are locked to Lvl 3.
Done.
sketch wrote:
Wildcard_25 wrote: And a report for U-Turns at the end of dead-end streets.
That would be great for the US as well. Not just enabled U turns, but also soft-disabled U turns.
There is a "Soft turns" check, so I guess it will be reported there.
ituajr wrote:WME Validator reports "Unneeded node" where a segment with an alternate street name joins another segment
Fixed.
ituajr wrote:The alternate name isn't empty - it's "Brighton Rd, Glenelg East". Also, the identification of the street at the bottom of the report (ie, "No City, No Street, No City") is misleading - the street does have a proper name.
Can't reproduce this one, but I put some more checks into the street ID -> street name convertor, please check if it helps.
fmondini wrote:after a few minutes of tests I have only one thing to say: Chapeau! :-)
Thanks! ;)
bedo2991 wrote:I want to report you this thing I've noticed. This clearly wrong segment is reported if selected but it's not highlighted.
Fixed.

The 0.4.2 is on the Web Store/userscript, so please update!

There is a new functionality: every link, description or how-to now may be overridden for a country. Please see Settings->About->Available checks, there are already some localized links and texts.

I've also started a new thread for WME Validator: forum link

Thanks guys for your feedback!
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
bedo2991 wrote:Still not working, now it's not even reported as a mistake on the left panel when it is selected.
Edit: eventually it was detected but still not highlighted (at least on the beta editor).
1. Make sure you've updated to 0.4.2 (see Settings->About)
2. Make sure the segment is not selected (Validator does not highlight selected segments).
3. Try to uncheck 'Exclude non-editable segments' (but from the screenshot it looks like editable for you)
4. Try to clear the internal Validator cache (Trash button) and move the map a bit to revalidate segments.
5. Do you see the yellow highlights around? For instance, here: permalink

Please let me know if any of the above helps.

Thanks!
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by bgodette
sketch wrote:
shawndoc wrote:
sketch wrote:I'm interested. It should be champs only, at least in the US. There are enough L5s around whom I've never, or very rarely, seen on the forums.
:cry:
Hah, sorry. I imagine it could be available on a per-user trust basis for "good" L5s who are active on the forums and good at editing. Just code it for L5+ and hope it doesn't get into the wrong hands.
It could be done since scripts have access to who is logged in to WME. So simply restrict to username.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
ps_au wrote:bgodette, not a bad idea, but keep in mind, how many L5+ people we have worldwide now. That list would be pretty large. Perhaps just restrict to L5+ would be better?
Why would you trust anyone on edit count alone?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
Couldn't disapprove of this tool more!
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
It needs to not exist at all. The scope for accidental destruction is too great.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
petervdveen wrote:I think it has a lot of potention.
We've done a lot of requests for database changes.

Nxxx roads should be minor for example.
Of Major roads locked at lv4, freeway at lv5.

It never happened.
Now we could do it ourselves ;-)
This isn't in question but something like this will not stay in good hands. The potential for devastation is more important than the potential for good that it has.
dmcconachie
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
I'm *very* interested in an abbreviation script... though I don't think I want it to be applied universally. The process it should follow is:
1. select street segment
2. activate script:
2a. select entire street
2b. update street name with appropriate abbreviations

I'm very much against a "do stuff, then pan, then do it again" sort of script -- if it was that universal of a change, it should probably be done by Waze on the database backend.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
I'd love to take a look at it...
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message