Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by orbitc
argus-cronos wrote:I've played little bit around with the script this afternoon with not saving anything at all, and i must admit that it has enormous potential and on the other hand enormous potential to harm the map. I was a little bit shocked to see what is possible with this and what would be if an editor is messing up the code and hit save after only one function i.e. abbreviations, unbeliebable what all can be screwed up in a short time. So it is definitely better to never share it to the mass. The fact that it is not fully userfriendly makes it more dangerous.
I hope it will be used wisely from those who have the code until now.
Very dangerous indeed. It should not be distributed at all until some safe guards in place. Also it needs to be user friendly at the very least to prevent accidental saves that would cause more damage than good.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The usefulness is potentially there, but like ethics of some types of genetic engineering like cloning, for example, I think the potential for mass problems from a tool like this is simply so great, that just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done, even if used by only a limited group of people. The map simply doesn't need to be mass updated in this manner. Just do the work and don't worry about doing it faster or easier.

I applaud the effort and technical skill required to pull off something like this, but I would rather see it not implemented. Unfortunately, this well-thought-restricted-distribution by the OP, which is very much appreciated, thank you!, the next coder interested in amassing points and nothing else, will not be no ethical about it.
+1
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by OyyoDams
Be carefull with mass-editing scripts available to all users. Even if you add a filtee based on user level in javascript, it's easy to reverse-engineer the code. In the Toolbox script, code is generated live, so dangerous code is not even viewable to unexperimented users.

Sent with Tapatalk
OyyoDams
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by PakcikSyah
berestovskyy wrote:Here is the list of features to be implemented in v0.3. Please review it and correct me sooner rather than later ;)

Security:
- script will be reviewed by a waze champ prior to next release;
- WMET 0.3 will be compiled and encrypted, so the source code will not be available;
- the download link will be provided on request and only to: Lvl5+? champs only? YOU DEFINE IT

User interface:
- just a predefined list of fixes (see an image in my previous post);
- user will be able just to switch every fix on or off, no options;
- a fix will appear on the list if WME is positioned over a specific country and editor's level is sufficient;

What do you think?
As for the security, that is a good improvement since all the source code will be encrypted from user view.

Since if all fix are done base on other scripts done by other writer. It can be another dangerous attempt to save all what is found and all fixes found cannot be undone. Saving all the the fixes can be potentially dangerous. Therefore if can would be better if all the error found can be undone manually. This will give the editor to chance to go through all the fixes and confirm it before saving.
PakcikSyah
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by PakcikSyah
This latest version seem to be much better in security for the auto fix. As I dont have the auto fix option like auto fix u turn and others fixes check for the tool box. I cannot make any comment on the outcome after running the script.
For the Over 25 letters long street names it need to be customise by country as some country do have a long street names.
PakcikSyah
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by PakcikSyah
berestovskyy,

Any possibility to have a try in the fix features. Presently, no test dont on the fixes option.m

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PakcikSyah
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
PakcikSyah
[img]https:///Y17fx[/img] [img]https:///4Gd2uk[/img]
Country Manager for Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore & Thailand
WazeBORNEO
Waze Malaysia
Waze Thailand
[img]https:///NBJK6G[/img]

Post by PakcikSyah
Great...

Problem with RA solved. The other check seem running good.
PakcikSyah
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
I thought this is available in another script available for CMs? If not mistaken it's Toolbox where CMs can fix revcons or no end nodes at one click.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
paulkok_my wrote:I thought this is available in another script available for CMs? If not mistaken it's Toolbox where CMs can fix revcons or no end nodes at one click.

Oops. After re-read the 1st post using my laptop, now I get it that the concept is different from Toolbox. I was using my S3 to read the post and interpret it differently. My apologies. :oops:
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
This mass lock/unlock is for CMs only?

paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message