Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by qwaletee
OK, a sample. I used this: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=82045410

Here's what JAI looks like now, and what it could look like, roughly:

In each case, the upper arrow closer to the junction indicates the instruction (left/right) when heading from the JAI markup segment toward the junction and then onto the selected segment. The arrow farther away from the junction indicates the direction to get from the selected segment onto the segment displaying JAI. Add three arrows for keep/exit, and done. Everything fits easily within the circle (which is the same size as the current JAI instructions circle

milkboy wrote:
qwaletee wrote:If you place the instruction indicator centered on a line, then you can rotate the text to be perpendicular to the line, and stack two instructions. You would end up with three "rows" within your container:
  • Line closest to junction - directions from "this" segment toward the "other segment" coming out of the junction.
  • Line containing the turn angle.
  • Line furthest from junction - directions from the "other segment" to this segment
Hmm.. Not entirely sure I'm able to visualize this correctly in my head :?
3 lines inside the marker is probably going to make the markers biggish or the text really small..

I wonder if is possible to have multicolored markers =D As in, split in half with matching color code somehow matching the direction.. Might need some deeper insight into how OpenLayers actually work though.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
WHat's the issue with a straight arrow? It actually matches the Waze glyphs (app, Livemap).
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
Try creating a route with no turns, i.e., origin and destination are on the same street. Livemap gives it (as does route checker).

App doesn't, so I may have been mistaken there, though I thought I saw it appear in some circumstance. Anyone care to check the graphics on a phone?
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
When selecting a junction (not a segment), do you want to use the absolute/departure setting, or always absolute?
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
PZ< did you ever get confirmation from devs that this was intentional behavior and will be kept, rather than an accident that will be fixed?

I suspect an accident. The BC algorithm is based on a guess that similar road types would be a better visual continuation in teh real world. A "preference" level should not affect that - it is a way to give weight to a routing path, but should have nothing to do with visuals that BC tries to mimic.

Can you pass this on to the devs, if you haven't already?
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Leorenaud wrote:It would be nice if you can see and the original and the changed instruction.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G800F met Tapatalk
That's a great idea!

Seb, is that possible?
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by rdsxfn85
Thank you for your hard work in creating this update to JAI. It has been working for me for the past few days, but today it is not working for whatever reason. I have version 2.2.3. I can't find 2.2.4 to test it. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks. 

Edit: I've gotten it to work. Thanks!

rdsxfn85
Send a message

Post by reivaxX162
Hi there. I am currently using v2.2.4, and I have noticed in conjunction with the recent Waze updates, JAI is showing the incorrect information for the best continuation segments where the other segment angle is less than 45 degrees and typically produces a keep/exit left/right instruction. Where the angle is more than 45 degrees and Waze produces a turn left/right instruction, then JAI shows the best continuation information accurately.

I have attached two examples of this happening where it shows a keep instruction for the best continuation, but in Waze routing, it does not produce this behaviour.

Thanks
Example one.png
(165.42 KiB) Downloaded 243 times

Example two.png
(320.81 KiB) Downloaded 243 times

reivaxX162
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Renatofg92
jwe252 wrote:Also does not work in beta
So, I've been suffering from this problem lately. The script is not running in WME Beta, both v1.10.0 from Chrome Web Store and v1.11 from Greasyfork.

Does anyone have any kind of workaround?
Renatofg92
Beta tester
Beta tester
Send a message

Post by Renatofg92
GiorgioLontano wrote:
Renatofg92 wrote:
jwe252 wrote:Also does not work in beta
So, I've been suffering from this problem lately. The script is not running in WME Beta, both v1.10.0 from Chrome Web Store and v1.11 from Greasyfork.

Does anyone have any kind of workaround?
Now it's not running in regular WME. :(
Yeah, since the release of the best version of WME prod. But we can see that many other scripts have stopped working properly.

Let's hope someone fix it soon! :)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Renatofg92
Beta tester
Beta tester
Send a message