Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by seb-d59
Hi milkboy,

Nice to read you :).
milkboy wrote:Anyhow, is it too much to ask to create a pull request on Github for fixes/features instead of making yet another copy somewhere else?
I sent you some mp some time ago.
milkboy wrote:It's also possible to add eager people as collaborators for easier development..
Why not... ;)
seb-d59
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by seb-d59
Leorenaud wrote:An additional condition to prevent the median u-turn is that at least one of the two parallel segments must be of type PS or higher.
Only one or two segments need to be higher to PS?

@ituajr: I'm waiting for the result of your test to update JAI with this condition.
seb-d59
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by seb-d59
WazingArch wrote:Can you please fix this script as it is an essential part of the editors' workflow. Currently, the script doesn't show any turn instructions
Hum.... this is very strange, because is ok for me...

Please chek if JAI is enabled in layer menu ?
Layer_menu.png
(1.89 KiB) Downloaded 505 times
seb-d59
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by seb-d59
Hello,
B4ckTrace wrote:In addition I think W.map should be fixed to W.map.olMap in the ja_segment_length function, to work correctly.
This is fixed.
seb-d59
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by seb-d59
B4ckTrace wrote:I agree with other guys and ja_is_up_to_primary_road should be refined. Because the penalty is still considered by waze.
I see to check only the outgoing segment, like this :
Leorenaud wrote:I noticed there is a difference in what is the incoming segment (A) and the outgoing segment (C).
A (PS) -> B(St) -> C(St) is not penalized
but
A (St) -> B(St) -> C(PS) is penalized
Which imo does not make sense.
Let me have a look to exclude the false positive for the curved segment with no parallel in/out seg, but it is not my priority.
For the moment, if the middle seg is not straight (with out geometric node) i can suggest you to use an additional new seg like is explain in the wiki:
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Global ... n_segments

A++!
seb-d59
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by seb-d59
I'm testing an modification.
So now, on a segment with a length < 15m, JAI calculate the angle with an "virtual straight segment".
ituajr wrote: Waze avoids routing through this curved segment, which has parallel in/out segments. This segment matches the Wiki requirements for U-turn prevention, but JAI doesn't flag it as a U-turn to be prevented.
now:
JAI_01.jpg
U-Turn_avoid
(18.26 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
ituajr wrote:Waze allows routing through this curved segment, which has in/out segments almost at right angles. This segment does not match the Wiki requirements for U-turn prevention, but JAI flags it as a U-turn to be prevented.
now:
JAI_02.jpg
U-Turn_allowed
(13.95 KiB) Downloaded 513 times
ituajr wrote:My conclusion is that the Wiki is correct, and JAI gets it wrong on curved segments.
I think with this modification, JAI is in accord with the Wiki.

If you are in accord with this, i can push the change.
seb-d59
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by seb-d59
Hi,

I just post an update.
seb-d59
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by seb-d59
I think the native WME code is the cause
seb-d59
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by seb-d59
krzycholub wrote:
G_W1Z wrote:Up until recently, if I would be adjusting the geometry of an angle the JAI circle would change degrees/colors in real-time while I click/drag. Now, it does not change while I adjust the geometry but only once I finish.
I agree with G_W1Z! It will be nice to have it back
For that, I need to find a event on the movement of the elements, because the native WME code has changed ...
seb-d59
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by seb-d59
Hi All !

New version, 2.1.17
seb-d59 wrote:
krzycholub wrote:
G_W1Z wrote:Up until recently, if I would be adjusting the geometry of an angle the JAI circle would change degrees/colors in real-time while I click/drag. Now, it does not change while I adjust the geometry but only once I finish.
I agree with G_W1Z! It will be nice to have it back
For that, I need to find a event on the movement of the elements, because the native WME code has changed ...
First this is ok, but I was forced to use a "setInterval" and a "clearInterval" when selecting or deselecting...

ehcool68 wrote:I'm personally OK with it only updating the degrees when you let go of the segments because it's easy enough to just drop it and then shift again. It's a nice-to-have feature.

Along with that, is there a way to change the layer that displays angles? As soon as you shift a segment or node, the segments pop on top of the degree bubbles making them a bit challenging to read, especially on a small screen.

Not critical, also more of a nice-to-have.

Eric

Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ECl_-w ... sp=sharing
The problem has been known since January 2019... unfortunately, there is nothing I can do.
In the past, the modified (orange) and selected (blue) segments had their own layer, separated from the selection layer.
Now, these 3 elements are part of a single layer...
So, if I place JAI on top, nothing can be selected anymore. I don't think this is what you want...
seb-d59
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message