[Script] WME Junction Angle Info

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby Olestas » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:56 am

FZ69617 wrote:
Olestas wrote:https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=24.12078&lat=56.94807&layers=1477&zoom=9&segments=272633729,102806274

This form gives Keep Left in reality. JAI does not detect this.. can something be done? ACtually now it is pretty hard in some cases to predict how will it sound..

Try with JAI version 1.8.1:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/9192- ... angle-info

Hmm.. it shows as keep when loading permalink. But after moving map and checking again, it shows best continuation.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]

GC: Latvia
Coordinator: Latvia
Country manager (Full coverage): Latvia/Lithuania/Belarus/Russia/Ukraine
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby FZ69617 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:22 am

Olestas wrote:Hmm.. it shows as keep when loading permalink. But after moving map and checking again, it shows best continuation.

I cannot reproduce this.

Guessed "keep" does not change for this selection:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ,102806274
even after far moves and significant zoom changes.

The only BC I see for this junction is:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ,261936257

Does others experience this strange problem also?
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby Olestas » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:49 am

I found out that I actually had 2 JAI scripts. One in extenstions and other in Tampermonkey. Now all works. Thanks :D

GC: Latvia
Coordinator: Latvia
Country manager (Full coverage): Latvia/Lithuania/Belarus/Russia/Ukraine
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby milkboy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:40 pm

I uploaded a new version (1.8.2) on GH with the latest fixes by FZ69617 included, and a new option for angle display mode (absolute, which is default and the previous behaviour, and departure). If nobody complains about critical bugs, I'll upload FF and Chrome extensions during the day tomorrow (UTC+3 time zone)
Attachments
absolute_vs_departure.jpg
(56.99 KiB) Downloaded 450 times
Nexus 5 | CM 13 (Android 6.0.1 nightly)
Škoda Octavia III Combi 2.0 TDI RS DSG 2014 [ img ]
milkboy
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

Postby PesachZ » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:42 pm

milkboy wrote:I uploaded a new version (1.8.2) on GH with the latest fixes by FZ69617 included, and a new option for angle display mode (absolute, which is default and the previous behaviour, and departure). If nobody complains about critical bugs, I'll upload FF and Chrome extensions during the day tomorrow (UTC+3 time zone)

The screenshot looks great. Can't wait to try it.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby qwaletee » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:50 pm

This is good.

For your concern that the instruction depends on which direction you are going, my intent was to include both. you can only color for one unless you use two circles. But even with a single circle, you can display a short version of the reverse direction in the same circle. Might be time to start adopting little arrows (like Waze does) instead of the coloring and < and >, but f you are pressed for time, the following might work:

| ## = continue
{ ## = keep left
## } = keep right
< ## = turn left
## > = turn right
## % = Exit right (for right-drive)

If you want to get fancy, you can use Livemap integration to get the instructions, same as Route Checker and Route Speeds. This would take the (changeable) algorithm out of your code, future-proofing it against instruction algorithm changes, but not against API changes. Note that Livemap does not support Exit (it would always come in as KEEP), and this would add a slew of network transactions in place of a local calculation.
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby PesachZ » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:52 pm

qwaletee wrote:This is good.

For your concern that the instruction depends on which direction you are going, my intent was to include both. you can only color for one unless you use two circles. But even with a single circle, you can display a short version of the reverse direction in the same circle. Might be time to start adopting little arrows (like Waze does) instead of the coloring and < and >, but f you are pressed for time, the following might work:

| ## = continue
{ ## = keep left
## } = keep right
< ## = turn left
## > = turn right
## % = Exit right (for right-drive)

If you want to get fancy, you can use Livemap integration to get the instructions, same as Route Checker and Route Speeds. This would take the (changeable) algorithm out of your code, future-proofing it against instruction algorithm changes, but not against API changes. Note that Livemap does not support Exit (it would always come in as KEEP), and this would add a slew of network transactions in place of a local calculation.

Pulling from livemap means only being able to give routing on live segments in their live state, and not reflecting any changes since the tile build. That is the true benefit of this script, its immediacy.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby qwaletee » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Good point
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby milkboy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:24 am

qwaletee wrote:But even with a single circle, you can display a short version of the reverse direction in the same circle. Might be time to start adopting little arrows (like Waze does) instead of the coloring and < and >

The whole idea about supporting bidirectional information has been lurking in my mind for a longer time. Also, that would probably mean that it should be possible to select segments in any order (like a-c-b instead of a-b-c or c-b-a as you have to do now to make sure the information is displayed for the direction you wanted). The biggest issue is probably how to output the info, so it's perfectly clear what it means. Any UI designers/experts/wannabes around to give ideas? Or even better, make the code for it ;)

Arrows (←↑→↓ ↔↕) could possibly be used, with a marker on each side of the road ( when instructions would differ, taking into account the left/right hand traffic)..

On a side note, I'd probably need to refactor some of the code to make it both faster and easier to implement changes...
milkboy
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

Postby milkboy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:32 am

1.8.3 being published on AMO and Chrome store (should autoupdate for Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey users).. Extension in Chrome store will probably be available soon, while the Firefox addon will be enabled once reviewed =)

Added a note-to-self-or-anyone-else-interested about the U-turns, and amended directionality issue with bidirectional support.
milkboy
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts