[Script] WME Junction Angle Info

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby qwaletee » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:06 pm

Already covered this in the design using callouts.

PesachZ wrote:If you tie to the first geonode you get stuck by micro doglegs. You'd have to ignore any geonodes within xx pixels of the junction

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby qwaletee » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:39 pm

OK, a sample. I used this: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=82045410

Here's what JAI looks like now, and what it could look like, roughly: http://imgur.com/a/E6KsO#0

In each case, the upper arrow closer to the junction indicates the instruction (left/right) when heading from the JAI markup segment toward the junction and then onto the selected segment. The arrow farther away from the junction indicates the direction to get from the selected segment onto the segment displaying JAI. Add three arrows for keep/exit, and done. Everything fits easily within the circle (which is the same size as the current JAI instructions circle

milkboy wrote:
qwaletee wrote:If you place the instruction indicator centered on a line, then you can rotate the text to be perpendicular to the line, and stack two instructions. You would end up with three "rows" within your container:
  • Line closest to junction - directions from "this" segment toward the "other segment" coming out of the junction.
  • Line containing the turn angle.
  • Line furthest from junction - directions from the "other segment" to this segment

Hmm.. Not entirely sure I'm able to visualize this correctly in my head :?
3 lines inside the marker is probably going to make the markers biggish or the text really small..

I wonder if is possible to have multicolored markers =D As in, split in half with matching color code somehow matching the direction.. Might need some deeper insight into how OpenLayers actually work though.
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby PesachZ » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:57 pm

qwaletee wrote:OK, a sample. I used this: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=82045410

Here's what JAI looks like now, and what it could look like, roughly: http://imgur.com/a/E6KsO#0

In each case, the upper arrow closer to the junction indicates the instruction (left/right) when heading from the JAI markup segment toward the junction and then onto the selected segment. The arrow farther away from the junction indicates the direction to get from the selected segment onto the segment displaying JAI. Add three arrows for keep/exit, and done. Everything fits easily within the circle (which is the same size as the current JAI instructions circle

milkboy wrote:
qwaletee wrote:If you place the instruction indicator centered on a line, then you can rotate the text to be perpendicular to the line, and stack two instructions. You would end up with three "rows" within your container:
  • Line closest to junction - directions from "this" segment toward the "other segment" coming out of the junction.
  • Line containing the turn angle.
  • Line furthest from junction - directions from the "other segment" to this segment

Hmm.. Not entirely sure I'm able to visualize this correctly in my head :?
3 lines inside the marker is probably going to make the markers biggish or the text really small..

I wonder if is possible to have multicolored markers =D As in, split in half with matching color code somehow matching the direction.. Might need some deeper insight into how OpenLayers actually work though.

I would suggest not using the ↑↓ arrows for continue (BC), and instead use waiter nothing (no instruction), or a smaller icon (•∅).

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby qwaletee » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:16 pm

WHat's the issue with a straight arrow? It actually matches the Waze glyphs (app, Livemap).
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby PesachZ » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:23 pm

Its the same as the turn arrow, Waze has a different turn arrow. I think it looks off when the straight and then arrows are the same just rotated, and the alignment can be rotated as well. It makes it harder to tell at a glance

PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby sketch » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:22 am

qwaletee wrote:WHat's the issue with a straight arrow? It actually matches the Waze glyphs (app, Livemap).

Where do the app or the livemap give a straight arrow? They either give an arrow indicating an instruction or no arrow (because no instruction).
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • tier one • new orleans
2017 chevrolet ss sedan 6mt • slipstream blue metallic
[ img ] [ img ]
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby FZ69617 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:27 am

wlodek76 wrote:Probably @FZ69617 will join to GitHub too, and he clean up a greasyfork version, so we will be able to commit all our changes and fixes in one official place!

I recalled also that I have some old account on GH. :) I will try to use it for any potential future fixes in order to make JAI development easier.

JAI version published by me on GF has been deleted with replacement URL to the JAI version by @milkboy currently synchronized with GH:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/7887- ... angle-info
All future updates triggered by the current users of my version will be redirected to it - the only requirement is increased version number! There are currently three distinct versions (includeing my one) numbered 1.8.4.1 - which is bad, since it prevents from automatic script updates. I suggest a bit more attention paid to the version numbering in order to avoid unnecessary problems with script updates.
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby FZ69617 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:48 am

milkboy wrote:Oh, and if we'd really want to utilize GitHub, I could set up a separate "development" branch that could then be used for testing new stuff, before merging into master. The dev branch could then be used by brave testers who don't mind occasional problems or something. Master would then be considered "release quality"... just some thoughts.

Good idea! This would likely also help in solving the versions numbering issue.
FZ69617
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby qwaletee » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:09 am

Try creating a route with no turns, i.e., origin and destination are on the same street. Livemap gives it (as does route checker).

App doesn't, so I may have been mistaken there, though I thought I saw it appear in some circumstance. Anyone care to check the graphics on a phone?
qwaletee
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby milkboy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:31 am

New version (1.9.0) is out :geek: Anomalies and meltdowns may happen, so please report any findings that our testing didn't catch yet (either here on the forum or as a GH issue).

Big thanks to FZ69617 and wlodek76 for code contributions and everyone else for ideas.

Edit: typos
Last edited by milkboy on Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nexus 5 | CM 13 (Android 6.0.1 nightly)
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Škoda Octavia III Combi 2.0 TDI RS DSG 2014 [ img ]
milkboy
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts