[Script] WME Junction Angle Info

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, JustinS83, Glodenox

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:23 pm

Olestas wrote:.. Or, Milkboy, maybe you can create new topic, and we will close this?

I'm only half following this topic, so sorry if this is a dumb question. :-)

Is someone else maintaining this addon now, which is available in store for Chrome and/or greasemonkey? (Which I could see why there'd need to be a different link to the actual script location.) Also, if this topic is going to be closed in favor of another topic being opened, can a link to that other topic be posted here before closing this one? That way people who are subscribed to this topic will get the note to check and can then subscribe to the new one. :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:02 pm

For what it's worth, Toolbox already has an option to flag junctions where a TTS Override is in place. It won't show you what the actual override *is* ("keep left" vs "turn left," etc.), you still have to click on a segment and then pick the arrow to see what the override is. But at least with it set, you can know that it's there. Not as convenient as it would be if JAI would modify its color to show the actual instruction that's going to be given, but at least it flags them for you. Hopefully, JAI will get something soon... :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:45 pm

Just 'cause I want to be sure that I'm/it's clear: This is still retrievable at:

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/7887- ... angle-info

Correct? Currently, v1.13 is reported there, last updated Nov 21 2016. Assuming that's still the correct location, I'm guessing the version will be updated from the github source soon... :)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:09 pm

dspille wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:Just 'cause I want to be sure that I'm/it's clear: This is still retrievable at:

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/7887- ... angle-info

Correct? Currently, v1.13 is reported there, last updated Nov 21 2016. Assuming that's still the correct location, I'm guessing the version will be updated from the github source soon... :)

I believe the correct link is in his post above.

That was from seb-d59, who then included a comment directed at milkboy to publish it on his gethub for everyone to access. And milkboy has said that his github link for it gets pushed out to greasyfork.org (the link I posted does say that it's owned by him).

I'm just seeking confirmation from him that the "normal channel" is still being used (and hasn't changed), and that it will eventually be pushed out to that location. ;)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby Szata76 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:03 am

Hi!
I installed 1.5.7 beta in Greasemonkey (Chrome) yesterday. I experienced today If this extension is switched on, the WME (non beta) don't working. It doesn't load road data, when I select a segment nothing happen. There is no general tab with segment data.
Hardware: LG V30 (H930) / OS: 8.0
Editor level: 5; Area: Magyarország / Hungary ● Corfu (GR)
feedthe.waze.hu: Country Feed Manager (Roadworks reporting)
facebook.com/waze.hu ● google.com/+WazeHUN ● wiki.waze.hu
Szata76
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby taco909 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:16 am

MGODLEW wrote:With Junction Box coming, would this even still be needed if we can manually specify TTS?

You mean things like having it say "Stay to the right" when transitioning from a city-bound MH onto a freeway onramp without having to force a "turn right" or extend a MH stub into the ramp segment? ;)

Where I generally have to return to Livemap (or test with the routing script) is when I want to confirm whether I am going to get a stay/exit or no instruction at all.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:01 am

PesachZ wrote:I have a whole test community set up with tons of variations, and all combinations used to figure out these algorithms. When I have some time on the computer, I'll try then all and see what's broken. ( or you could)

I need to take Waze out into the middle of the desert to set up something for my u-turn experimenting where it won't be confused with real roads or attract the attention of new editors.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:13 am

The comments on u-turns seemed a bit confusing to me... To clarify (as I understand the logic)

Crossover segment >=16m U-Turn will be routed
Crossover segment <=15m U-Turn will be routed if the sum of the approach and departure angles are outside of the range of 180 +/- 5 (have also heard 5%, but we confirmed consistent u-turn routing at 185)
Crossover segment <=15m U-Turn will be penalized (routed only under extreme penalty) if the sum of the approach and departure angles are inside of the range of 180 +/- 5 (have also heard 5%, but we confirmed consistent u-turn routing at 185)

So u-turns can "work" with any length crossover segment depending on the geometry.

Personally, even with the measuring tool and JAI, I treat the 15/16m issue the same as 45 degree angles.
I avoid angles between 40 and 50
I avoid crossover segments of 15m and use 14m or 16m.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:50 pm

PesachZ wrote:
Olestas wrote:Omg, not again...

On the bright it will be much simpler again, and this time we know what to expect.

Will this cause any issues with wayfinders that were added last summer when BC was made "more liberal" and we lost instructions where we had them before?
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby taco909 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:09 am

PesachZ wrote:I don't anticipate losing any instructions, we may get more where there currently is BC.
In rare cases you may lose an instruction, but it would be a very small subset of cases.

Ya, my concern was possibly doubled instructions.

But I think I've seen the bug you are referring to... is that perhaps where the only match is the road type and it pushes BC through a "stay" movement rather than the straight-through that is a 0-degree move? We had a bad one up in Lancaster.
-- Rich
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts