[script] WME Junction Angle Info

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby milkboy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:00 am

Oooookayyyy... This is only for the brave who won't mind risking their browser crashing, house catching fire and possibly causing a nuclear meltdown, you can try this 1.6-alpha1 version.

It's kindof working (with my very limited testing), and also the logic might still be quote incorrect, as I still need to clarify a few points with PesachZ.

Anyway, feel free to comment (and naturally fix) any bugs, and if sh*t happens for real, give some debug info ;P

You might want to turn up debugging level to 2 (or even 3) to watch the best continuation logic debug output in the console

EDIT: Known issues:
  • Roundabout support not yet available
  • Segment type checking incomplete
  • Angles >44 may not be correctly filtered out
Nexus 5 | CM 12 (Android 5 nightly) | Waze 3.9.3.0
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:45 pm

milkboy wrote:Oooookayyyy... This is only for the brave who won't mind risking their browser crashing, house catching fire and possibly causing a nuclear meltdown, you can try this 1.6-alpha1 version.

Meh. Found lots of small issues, and fixed some: alpha2

Same known issues still apply though

EDIT: Oh, and having >2 possible continuations with angle less than 44 will also not work (yet)
EDIT2: Added "<" and ">" to the angle to indicate left vs right turn|exit|keep (not visually appealing, , but should work until something better is implemented)
Last edited by milkboy on Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:49 pm

brandonrossl wrote:Likewise on the thanks! I'm a Chrome user so let us know when to start clicking the update extensions button!

:ugeek: Well.. Need to gather a little more feedback and do quite some testing before updating the addon. I don't want to break the existing functionality either..
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:42 am

PesachZ wrote:Found some Wayfinders highlighted white on both sides of the split. They should be getting instructions on both sides (green), is this part still being worked on? Wasn't in the known issues. Only three segments meet at a junction. All same type the s-out and an have no name

There may be a ton of (unlisted) bugs, only tested a fraction of all possible combinations ;) Could you post a link with the segments selected?
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:14 pm

New test version: 1.6-alpha3

The short changelog is:
  • Added style for restricted turn
  • Filtering out all >45° turns in BC
  • lots of other changes.. Can't remember all ;)
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:55 am

SuperDave1426 wrote:Just out of curiosity, is this going to be deemed "stable" enough for the Chrome store anytime soon? :D

Meh. Was totally sure I published it already =/ Oh well.. Should be available "soon".
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:25 am

SuperDave1426 wrote:Unfortunately, the native Chrome version of 1.6 doesn't seem to work. I can put in any number of decimal places, and it still just gives me a whole (integer) number when showing an angle. It also seems to ignore the size feature if I turn that on. Yes, I hit "apply." :-) And when I refresh the page and check again, everything I selected under the JAI settings resets back to default values.

The one you linked to that runs under Tampermonkey that you link to here seems to run fine and remember my settings.

Meh. Something strange with local storage it seems. I'll see if I can it fixed tomorrow.
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:09 pm

Should be fixed now. (Well.. "works for me" anyway)
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:55 pm

voludu2 wrote:The JAI settings seem to be working for me in the native Chrome version.
Chrome Version 40.0.2214.94 m
If I enable the Native Chrome version from the Chrome store
* If I start a browser window with nothing selected, or with a segment PL, I get the behavior I would expect -- I see the JAI tab when I have no objects selected, after the Toolbox tab.
* If I start a browser window with a places permalink, I see the JAI tab with the other places tabs (General|More|photos|JAI). But after I click somewhere else on the screen, I never see the JAI tab again, even if I select the same place again. https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 792.621033)

If I disable the native Chrome version and enable the tamper monkey version
Junction Angle Information seems to load but not work -- I see the layer in the layers menu, but don't see the angles when I select a segment, and I never see the JAI tab.
Tampermonkey 3.9.202

Ah. Never tried with places permalink. The object model is probably different then. I'll check that :)

I'll also check the Tampermonkey issue (never checked that since I reinstalled all operating systems)
milkboy

Postby milkboy » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:51 am

OK. I've managed to fix the permalink (with selected segment(s)) issues: settings tab content not showing up and "angles not showing up". Tampermonkey issue next, and then I'll make a new release =)
milkboy

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts