[Script] WME Junction Angle Info

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby Olestas » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:44 am

I have updated first post to include all known latest versions, including the modified one, which gives correct predictions.
Olestas
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby TheLastTaterTot » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:26 pm

I'm not using the beta version of JAI, so I don't know if this has already been fixed... There seems to be a bug with estimating roundabout instructions (normal vs nonnormal). WME Roundabout Angles provides the correct predictions, but JAI's prediction is incorrect, even though the angle estimation looks to be correct (see attached screenshot).

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... ,143818860

Also, if I may offer a suggestion here—the "show roundabout" overlay feature for normal vs nonnormal roundabouts should be removed or limited to only normal roundabouts. Since a nonnormal roundabout has the potential to give either normal or nonnormal instructions depending on approach direction, highlighting the entire roundabout as nonnormal has a high potential to confuse editors on roundabout rules.

That being said, I really appreciate this tool! It goes without saying that JAI provides an instrumental function and should be in any good map editor's toolbox. Thanks so much for volunteering time to work on it.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 5.11.47 PM.png
Angle is 111º, which should produce nonnormal instructions.
(213.83 KiB) Downloaded 1080 times
TheLastTaterTot
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby PesachZ » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:32 am

iainhouse wrote:Is there any reason not to push that beta version to general release? I've been using it for months without problems. :)

That beta version was written by a different author, the original must check it, decide if he likes it, and incorporate it into the original script when he has time .

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby taco909 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:14 am

I'm not getting the u-turn notes on mine other than Bowties.

Strange as I can turn off all of the JAI references and I still have a tab, and it seems to be checked on the WME pulldown after reloading... Uncheck it turns off all JAI, then turns back on after a reload even though it's disabled in the Greasemonkey pulldown.

Was JAI incorporated into TB?

Edit: Found it.
1.10 had been installed as an Extension.

Edit II: Confirmed only the Development version is running and I'm only getting the normal 8 dots when selecting a 13m crossover on an "H"
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby iainhouse » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:50 pm

Is there any reason not to push that beta version to general release? I've been using it for months without problems. :)
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: [script] WME Junction Angle Info

Postby DauserShenkt » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:20 am

FZ69617 wrote:For those who would like to try a new JAI feature called "disallowed U-turns indicator" there is the latest development version available supporting this:
https://github.com/FZ69617/WME-ja/raw/m ... le.user.js

The indicator is displayed only for 15m or less long segments with disallowed U-turn as documented in U-turn avoidance conditions in Wiki.

Example:
[ img ]
Here the yellow bubbles displayed next to the green ones indicates disallowed U-turns.

Hope incoming official JAI version will also include this new feature.

Thanks - and bumping so it might be found sooner for others.
DauserShenkt
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Arnoniem » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:48 pm

taco909 wrote:
PesachZ wrote:If the two segments have different names out may have an effect we should test that

I didn't catch if this had been clarified/confirmed, but on my test area I am getting a U-Turn prompt naming street-B with a name different from street-A.

Yep i confirmed that as well in my posts of june30 and july20. Also road type changed didn't influence the uturn prompt.

send from my SGS4, using Tapatalk
Arnoniem
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby taco909 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:01 pm

PesachZ wrote:If the two segments have different names out may have an effect we should test that

I didn't catch if this had been clarified/confirmed, but on my test area I am getting a U-Turn prompt naming street-B with a name different from street-A.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby PesachZ » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:22 pm

DauserShenkt wrote:With the angles already in play, could this script also alert to median U-turn conditions?

Maybe I am missing something obvious?
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Junction_Sty ... an_U-turns

Maybe it alerts when you select 3 segments? For more detailed checking it would be better done with a validation type area check but we have to start somewhere ;)

It's already available in a beta version of this thread, you can find a sample picture and download links if you scroll back.

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby DauserShenkt » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:05 pm

With the angles already in play, could this script also alert to median U-turn conditions?

Maybe I am missing something obvious?
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Junction_Sty ... an_U-turns

Maybe it alerts when you select 3 segments? For more detailed checking it would be better done with a validation type area check but we have to start somewhere ;)
DauserShenkt
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts