Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by qwaletee
Timbones wrote:I've updated a new version (v0.8 ) which fixes the shortcut key assignment.

Now defaults to Shift+T.
"T" for Timbones, of course ;)
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
Or you coudl just turn off the route checker layer briefly.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
PZ, on bug #2, for some reason lately TB's minimap sometimes drops below the visible frame. Even if it is hidden, this causes Chrome to think that it needs to allow you to scroll down.

Just enable the minimap and drag it up. I think it only happened once, during a recent update, so you can do this once and forget about it.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Hi, Tim,

When Chrome installed a recent WME Route Checker update, I got a message saying that the new version needed new permissions - I believe it said to write to all websites visited.

Not sure which version it was updating from/to. I think the target was 1.15, that's what I have installed now.

Any comment on what caused this? I didn't see it mentioned in any recent discussion.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
To clarify, Tim means that it will show the route that Livemap would currently give, which is based on the most recent tile update, not on what WME has. Waze provides no way to calculate a route off of the WME map database, only the Livemap and app map databases (which are not always identical, by the way).
Timbones wrote:
id35 wrote:I thought it could show the route as it is before the map tiles have been updated.
No, it shows the same route that the Livemap and the App will show, after tiles have been updated.

To see what instructions might be for individual junctions before map tiles update, have a look at Junction Angle Info.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by RAbel1975
I looked through the first several pages, but didn't see anything about this... Is there a way to route from PP (AP) to PP (AP) or Segment to PP (or AP)?
RAbel1975
Send a message

Post by RafaCintron
Are there any issues with roundabouts I should know about? For some normal roundabouts the script is giving the "at the roundabout take the nth exit" instruction: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... lter=false
and viceversa, for some not normal roundabouts it's giving the "continue straight" instruction: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... lter=false

Also, i've noticed that sometimes if I select the entry segment to a roundabout to be the segment joined to the roundabout, the directions are off. I need to select the previous segment, and then everything is ok.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lo ... lter=false
RafaCintron
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by ramblinwreck_81
Happy_Lyn wrote:Is anyone else having a difficult time getting this script to show up? I thought maybe I didn't have it downloaded, but that was not the case. It's updated, and I have the "/" in my WME URL.
I'm not sure what you mean by "show up" but I have found that it is a little awkward to get started.
The way that I can get it to "show up" is, without any segments selected, click on "route speeds", then select my first segment, control-click to select second segment and then click again on the route speeds tab.

Works 100% of the time for me when I do that.
ramblinwreck_81
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message