Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by russblau
Tim, thanks for the great script.

I found a couple of bugs when testing a route through a roundabout: take a look at this screenshot. First, the directions say to take the "0th exit" from the roundabout at the point of entry, not exit; second, the map label at the point of entry to the roundabout has a visible HTML tag.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by russblau
Timbones wrote:0th exit is an error in the map - you must not have two exits from the same node on the roundabout.
I'll tell DDOT that they made an error designing Dupont Circle. :lol: Which I'm sure they will enter in volume 37 of their compendium of poorly designed streets.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by Scorp_31
Hello,
Since the latest WME update, it seems the script is inactive and don't start when as usually, 2 segments are selected.

Scorp_31
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Scorp_31
Thanks Timbones, it works well !  ;)

Scorp_31
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by slandrum
Waze is not supposed to route to a location on a freeway. The problem is that Livemap also seems to take this into consideration when setting the origin point as well as the destination point. To test freeway routes, I generally have to put the start point on an onramp going the direction I want, otherwise Livemap will often select some other road that's near the freeway to put me on and that will mess up my tests.

In actual life, your route could start on a freeway (passenger selecting route for you, or you are pulled off to the side for some reason), even if Waze won't route to a destination that's on the freeway. It would make testing a lot easier if Livemap would allow the origin to be on the freeway.
slandrum
Send a message
Orange County, CA, USA, Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/24/W ... 2cones.png

Post by speedtrippa
In wme beta when i select 3 segments for deletion only the first selected will be deleted and the save button stay greyed out, for n>=3 only n-2 segments are deleted
I don't know if it's important
Max
speedtrippa
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by steveningelbrecht
Herve-rv wrote:Hi,
(I am coming in this post following the advice of JimmyK1 : viewtopic.php?f=16&t=76417&sid=b1b2146a ... 17#p658817)
I am using waze from France and I have no "Route" tab when I select two segments of road.
Instead, I have the message "2 segments selected, segments are in opposing directions" even if they are not in opposing directions, so I don't know what to do : is it a bug ? a misunderstanding ? a limitation of a non-US or Israel server ?
Herve
No limitation of server, I'm on intl server also, in Belgium, and is working without problem... Even for segments in France... ;-)
steveningelbrecht
Send a message

Post by sulstore
Here it stopped working, for anyone else?

V 1.27
Versão 68.0.3440.106 (Versão oficial) 64 bits
sulstore
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SunnyTeater
On the main post, the Chrome Weblink is down.
SunnyTeater
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Looks pretty good, can't wait to try it! :-)

Question: Are you going to add the Chrome version to the Chrome Store (for when Google makes it even harder for someone to add an extension via anywhere other than the Store)?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message