Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by levin
Timbones wrote: I've uploaded a new version (v0.6) which now supports Israel (country code 106), but I have not tested it. Please let me know if it works...
Hi Tim,

Sorry for my late response.
I've tried it, but it does not seem to work. All I get is "Fetching route" with the rolling squares animation.
levin
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Samsung S23U - Android 13 - Latest Waze Beta
מתנדב מנהל ארצי בדימוס - Israel country manager

Post by linguasaltitante
Good afternoon.

Don't know if this was already mentioned, but I've been experiencing wrong instructions on roundabouts with this script. 

Please see the following examples:
  1. roundabout 1 - if I select this segment as the entrance on roundabout, then I get wrong exit numbers on all exits, but if I select this then the exit numbers are okay
  2. roundabout 2 - same problem if I select this as the entrance (wrong exit numbers on all exits), but if I select this, then instructions are okay
  3. roundabout 3 - same problem with this and this segments ... but if I select other segment as start point then instructions are okay ...
  4. roundabout 4 - same problem with this
  5. roundabout 5 - this is completely messed up  :shock:
In conclusion, the problem seems to be only when I select as start point segments connected to the roundabout. If I check the same route, but with a different start point (segment not connected to roundabout), then it seems to be working okay!!!

Best regards

linguasaltitante
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by linguasaltitante
Timbones wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:23 am Route Checker script uses the mid-point of the segment to determine the start and end coordinates of the route, although this is actually based on the middle of the geo nodes. Many of your examples are long straight segments with a slight curve onto the roundabout. As a result the coordinates are too close to the roundabout, and Waze thinks the route starts on the roundabout, hence the incorrect exit count.  So, it's best to select a segment that is further away from the roundabout to get the correct instructions.

Your last example, there's a footpath near the middle of the starting segment, so Waze is trying to find a route from that point.

WME Route Speeds script shows you the exact start/end coordinates, and lets you move them.

Thank you for your feedback. It helped to understand those "weird" instructions  :)

linguasaltitante
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by linguasaltitante
Hello

Allow me to report another (strange) situation to which I do not have explanation ... but probably you may have (like the one above  :) ;)): do not know if is due to the fact that the destination is on a segment with lanes but if I select these segments then the suggested route is strange, but if I select destination on other segment without lanes, then the suggested route is okay. 

Do not know if it is a bug ... or something wrong with map editions!

Best regards
linguasaltitante
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by lloyd_a
For the past couple of days I've been having issues, often it just sits trying to retrieve the route. Before that it was working fine. Is there a known problem?

Thanks

Lloyd
lloyd_a
Send a message

Post by Lowiekse
Experience the same problem.
If you go to the site for reïnstall, you recieve a blank page whit the name Dance Party. 🤔

Lowiekse
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Mike-1323
qwaletee wrote:
Szata76 wrote:The Shift + R shortcut doesn't work in WME if the RT extension is turned on. I think this is the reason.
Shift + R | Toggle [missing "en.layers.name.route_checker" translation]
I also see that problem. Tim, could you change it to Control-R? I don't think that's assigned. Or offer us an option to choose the hotkey and/or toggle hotkey latch?
Ctl-r triggers a page reload in Chrome and FF so that's not a good one to use.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

[img]https:///L6ziL[/img] [img]https:///0NAfp[/img]

Required reading: Quick Start Guide, Best Practices, USA Road Types

Post by MK2312
Does your script really needs to have access to all URLs / history?
MK2312
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
AM - Süd Baden-Württemberg
(LK Waldshut-Tiengen, Schwarzwald, Südbaden, Nordwest Schweiz)

Post by mman454
Since it appears that UserScripts.org probably won't be returning to a usable state anytime soon are there any plans on moving the script over to greasyfork.org or some other site?
mman454
Send a message