Android app WME House Number Mapper
What does the script do?
- Adds a link in the permalink bar (on the bottom right corner of the screen), this will allow you to show on the editor the house numbers and memos you have collected via the app.
- Adds a keyboard shortcut to insert house numbers while in HN editing mode (+). This may be useful even if you don't want to use the app. Finally this was implemented natively in the editor (h)
- It allows you to (I hope easily) register the position of the house numbers while you are walking.
- Wait for the GPS fix and be sure to have at least a 15m precision (otherwise you won't be able to save the HN).
- Insert all the requested information (some of them are required just once and you can set them from the menu) and press the big button "Store HN". The app was designed to be used on a side of the road at a time, so the number is increased/decreased (chose that from the menu, depending on the street you are mapping) automatically in the even/odd numbers sequence. You can disable the automatic step increase by closing the yellow lock nearby the number/letter. For exaple you should lock the number and unlock the letters if you have to map adresses such as 1A, 1B, 1C, etc.
- If you press more than once "Store HN" with the same HN the current GPS position is overwritten over the previous one (correction).
- The arrows in the top right corner of the screen allows you to try to automatically gather the street and city names based on the GPS position. This operation is done automatically on the GPS fix.
- When you are done mapping select "Send Data" from the menu to send the data to yourself (by email, sorry I couldn't do better at the moment).
- You should send your data at the end of every session. If you don't do that the app tries to save them on a file.
- The app only saves on the external SD. I haven't tried what happen if the phone does not have one (it might work as well, depending on the device implementation).
- If you have some backlog file and you chose to Send the email, the app assumes that you really sent the email (as far as I know, on Android there is no way to check whether the email was really sent or not) and so the app deletes both the backlog and the current session data. - Improved: now there is a dialog that asks you if you want to delete the backlog.
- At the moment the app forces you to insert the code of your country (from the menu), your username (also from the menu) and the current city and street name, but at the moment they are not used in any way.
- Lockz icons might be bad rendered on some (big) screens.
- Available for Android only (now there is an Iphone version in beta).
Q: Would you do an Iphone version?
A: Absolutely not, or at least I won't. But luckily another user did it, it is currently in beta
What does the app do?
How to use the app?
Bugs & Todo
I'm looking forward to receive your feedbacks!
This app is NOT operated nor supervised by Waze.