Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by PesachZ
Yes

Sent from Android using Tapatalk
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/gc.pngNYhttps://j.mp/1xPiWC8https://j.mp/1C9mUY2
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum

Post by petya72
carloslaso wrote:Friends an I have been working on this iOS app for this script but I'll need 5 beta testers on iOS7 before I submit it to the app store. I'll need you to PM your email address to send you the beta. I will only pick the first five email addresses sent. I will try to get more slots.

If you can help me find bugs on the app, the features you see in the app is all version 1.0 will have.

New feature ideas are welcome for v1.1.

Thanks bedo2991 for creating the script and making the idea of this app possible.
Hi Carloslaso!

Did you already post this script to Appstore? (I did not found it but maybe I do not know the name of the app.) If not is it still possible to become a beta tester? I have iOS 7.1 on iPhone 5s
petya72
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Hungary - AM + iOS Expert
iPhone 13, iOS 16.6, waze 4.96

Post by RussPA
I found this utility very useful to add HN's to a new development. But what I see is that developments don't always increment house numbers by 1 or 2, some increment by 3 or 5 or even 10. What I've had to do is lock the number and manually bump the +1 or +2 to get the correct numbers for each house. Not a major issue, but it takes time doing this for each house, especially in a large development. I'd like to see the increment amount be adjustable so I can leave it in automatic and have it increment by the proper amount each time.

One other thing I found is I hit the refresh button in the middle of a street and all the house numbers I did to that point disappeared from my screen. I hadn't sent them yet and I wasn't sure if they were gone, so I walked the street again. Turned out they were not gone, so I ended up having duplicate numbers for several houses. Maybe when you hit the refresh button, if the house numbers disappear from the screen, they should also be removed from the log so they don't get sent. Or don't remove them from the screen so you know what you have. Just saying it should match either way, remove from both or don't remove from both.

Other than that, this is a very helpful utility. Thank you.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by sketch
Oh, does this script require TamperMonkey? Is it possible to use natively in Chrome?
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
None of the scripts I use require TamperMonkey, they all work in Chrome natively (URO, Color Highlights, Junction Angle Info, JNF, Toolbox, Validator)—many of them are in the Chrome App Store now, but all of them were once .user.js or .crx files that worked natively in Chrome.

I talked to the developer of WME Fancy Permalink, which was similar to House Number Helper in that it required TamperMonkey. He sent me the code for a bootstrap.user.js file and a manifest.json file, and I was able to build the .crx Chrome extension myself.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
OK!

HNH 0.4.6, for direct installation into Chrome: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4339367/hnh046.crx

Working just fine along with the beta test version of carloslaso's iOS port :)

sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Watt25 wrote:
sketch wrote:OK!

HNH 0.4.6, for direct installation into Chrome
And what about 0.4.7? :)
Let me know if it works. It installed for me but I can't test right now. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4339367/hnh047.crx
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
All you have to do is turn on the House Numbers layer in WME. That's it :D
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by taco909
Request for modification:

Today, I was wanting to add house numbers to a brand new subdivision that does not even appear on the aerials.

So I drove down the first street and parked (I have mapped these streets in Waze) and opened the Android app.
The app is apparently searching Google results, because it was pulling up streets that were some distance away, and did not bring up any of the streets I had mapped.
This brings us to the second problem....

It will not allow input of any house numbers on streets that do not already have at least one address input (in the Google database)
I was standing on a road that I had added to the map, which included some addresses that I had added from my first trip to the area... but I could not use the app at all to add any addresses.

Can the app be modified so that it ignores the street and simply drops the house number we input onto the GPS coordinates? The data in the email contains the GPS coords as well as the city, state, and street number, but the only two things that are used in WME are the coordinates and the number that we input.
It would have been so much easier than pulling out pen and paper and manually drawing the roads (for the 2nd time, first time was when I paved it to write down the street names) and adding the house numbers to them.

This may not be a big issue in urban areas or older areas that are built out, but here in my area, new housing subdivisions are opening every month and none of their data is on Google.
Even the nearby streets that the app was pulling up did not have address data.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
bedo2991 wrote:
Taco909 wrote:Can the app be modified so that it ignores the street and simply drops the house number we input onto the GPS coordinates? The data in the email contains the GPS coords as well as the city, state, and street number, but the only two things that are used in WME are the coordinates and the number that we input.
As you said, as it's not used anywhere, if you don't need it to remember it later yourself, you can use any fake/wrong data provided by geolocalization provider in the City and Street field, as long as they are not empty. What's the problem with this?
The city/street fields were not empty... they picked up a nearby street (assuming from Google), but it would not allow me to input ANY address markers. The "Store HN" button was greyed out and it said that no HN's were registered for the street.

This is a shot of the default screen before it gets a GPS lock, but the only difference is the city and street are solid black rather than grey (and GPS accuracy was 5m).
2014_10_11_12.21.54.jpg
(76.46 KiB) Downloaded 1224 times
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich