Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script & App] WME House Number Helper (Eng. v.)

Post by bedo2991
Script WME House Number Helper Category Map Editing > House Number Helper (Install it with tampermonkey for Chrome or greasemonkey for Firefox)

Android app WME House Number Mapper
HN.png
(400.02 KiB) Downloaded 7754 times
What does the script do?
  • Adds a link in the permalink bar (on the bottom right corner of the screen), this will allow you to show on the editor the house numbers and memos you have collected via the app.
  • Adds a keyboard shortcut to insert house numbers while in HN editing mode (+). This may be useful even if you don't want to use the app. Finally this was implemented natively in the editor (h)
    • What does the app do?
      • It allows you to (I hope easily) register the position of the house numbers while you are walking.
      How to use the app?
      • Wait for the GPS fix and be sure to have at least a 15m precision (otherwise you won't be able to save the HN).
      • Insert all the requested information (some of them are required just once and you can set them from the menu) and press the big button "Store HN". The app was designed to be used on a side of the road at a time, so the number is increased/decreased (chose that from the menu, depending on the street you are mapping) automatically in the even/odd numbers sequence. You can disable the automatic step increase by closing the yellow lock nearby the number/letter. For exaple you should lock the number and unlock the letters if you have to map adresses such as 1A, 1B, 1C, etc.
      • If you press more than once "Store HN" with the same HN the current GPS position is overwritten over the previous one (correction).
      • The arrows in the top right corner of the screen allows you to try to automatically gather the street and city names based on the GPS position. This operation is done automatically on the GPS fix.
      • When you are done mapping select "Send Data" from the menu to send the data to yourself (by email, sorry I couldn't do better at the moment).
      Bugs & Todo
      • You should send your data at the end of every session. If you don't do that the app tries to save them on a file.
      • The app only saves on the external SD. I haven't tried what happen if the phone does not have one (it might work as well, depending on the device implementation).
      • If you have some backlog file and you chose to Send the email, the app assumes that you really sent the email (as far as I know, on Android there is no way to check whether the email was really sent or not) and so the app deletes both the backlog and the current session data. - Improved: now there is a dialog that asks you if you want to delete the backlog.
      • At the moment the app forces you to insert the code of your country (from the menu), your username (also from the menu) and the current city and street name, but at the moment they are not used in any way.
      • Lockz icons might be bad rendered on some (big) screens.
      • Available for Android only (now there is an Iphone version in beta).
        Q: Would you do an Iphone version?
        A: Absolutely not, or at least I won't. But luckily another user did it, it is currently in beta
I'm looking forward to receive your feedbacks!

This app is NOT operated nor supervised by Waze.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 2

POSTER_ID:4945632

Send a message
Attachments
Last edited by bedo2991 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I remember when you could add house numbers in the Waze app. That feature is supposed to be added back in at some point. But having this outside the Waze app sure is interesting!
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by armand916
Hi,
I am not able to see the "Show HNs" link in botton right of WME (only chat icon there..)
i followed this:
1 - Did you send the email from the application?
2 - Did you install the tampermonkey extension on Chrome?
3 - Did you install the House number script on tampermonkey?
4 - Did you click on the "Show HNs" link that will appear on the bottom right corner in the editor?
5 - Did you paste the string you got on the email?

but i am stuck at step 4....as not link in WME, now...

any clue?
thx
armand916
Send a message

Post by armand916
hum...did uninstall ALL my extensions...did restart chrome browser ==> still not ok
Then uninstall WME HN , then Re installed it..==> now ok..
hard to understand...but now working.
thx...will now give it a try.
bye
armand916
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Translations
Do you want to localize the app into your own language? Send me a PM and I'll send you further instructions. (Even for the english one, I think that that's translated badly somewhere).

Changelog
V 0.9.4
+ Improved GUI
+ Resolved some bug
+ Now you can see which number you have been registered for each street and also delete them (by long tapping)
+ Translated in: German, French, Serbian, Brazilian Portuguese, Hungarian
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Last edited by bedo2991 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by bedo2991
Watt25 wrote:Bugs:
1. In Hungary the app does not fill the City field and Address is filled with zipcode and City. I think the problem is: In Hungary a correct address format is looks like this: [Zipcode] [City] [Streetname] [Housenumber]
2. WME script does not works at all. (There's no Show HM button) Take a look at the screenshot.
I've changed some stuff and updated the script, but I don't think it's related to my script that problem. If still it doesn't work try to disable all the other scripts and tell me if the problem persists.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
I updated a new version of the app on the play store (v. 0.9.4)
Changelog:
+ Improved GUI
+ Resolved some bug
+ Now you can see which number you have been registered for each street and also delete them (by long tapping)
+ Translated in: German, French, Serbian, Brazilian Portuguese, Hungarian
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
carloslaso wrote:Would it be ok if I tried to port this idea to iOS?
No problem.

Inviato dal mio GT-I8190 utilizzando Tapatalk
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
I'm aware of the fact that the script is no longer working on the new version of WME. Now the script is no longer able to add a new layer to WME.
I'm working on it.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
I'm glad to say that I've "solved" the issue. The updated version is available on userscript.

More technically I'd say that the issue is still there but the script is able to continue working even if it's throwing some errors...
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message