Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by taco909
Or are you saying that the buttons will be activated if I manually input "7000 - 9000 Copper Sky" on the street entry?
Seems that Google not having addresses assigned to the street is what's causing the issue.

Of course, local and Dev testing of this is difficult if you don't have ready access to a street with no Google address pins.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
bedo2991 wrote:Ok, I got what is the bug, when you open the application and you already had the GPS fixed it doesn't work. I'll try to fix that, in the meanwhile either you start the app with the GPS switched off or when it happens try to switch the GPS on and OFF it should work.
If I open the app with the GPS off, it asks me to turn it on. If I say no, it shuts down.
It had no problem getting the GPS fix, it popped up quickly and refreshed every time I hit the refresh button.

The issue is that it is searching Google (or Bing?), rather than Waze, for the street that you are on.
In my case, I was in the middle of an empty field on Google/Bing, so the app grabbed the nearest street.
And of course, that is not a big deal because I can manually input the street name for later reference in the email if I'm doing a group of these.

But since the street did not have any addresses registered in Google, the app did not allow me to input any addresses.
The bottom part of the image above is exactly how my screen appeared, but I had a valid city and street name and 5m GPS accuracy on the top part. It would not allow me to store a house number.

Here is a PL to the area I was mapping:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 605&zoom=5
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.9588821 ... 650251,17z
http://binged.it/ZzwDIx

Depending on where I was, it was picking up Jack Rd, Orange, Cleveland, or any of the other surrounding streets (and interesting that it appeared as Corona because this area has been incorporated as Eastvale since 2010, Google is WAY behind and Orange does not even exist).

It looks like I may be wrong on Google lacking address information for those streets... spot checking Jack and a few others and I see that Google does show addresses... are you perhaps using Bing?
Either way, I had no way to input an address. The GPS fix was working perfectly.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
How long will it take for the update to show on the Google Play store?

Edit: Got the update and it's working fine now.
I was able to use a GPS spoofing app to move my location back to the area I noted and I verified that it did not work before the update, but it did work after the update, and the emailed coordinates matched the spoofed location.

Thanks a bunch!
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
This is now extremely useful.
We have a bunch of areas from the address import where the entire housing tract addresses were stacked on one stop point, and this program was good for those since we had registered HNs on those streets, but just within 10 miles of me, we've had probably 10 square miles of dairy land developed into housing projects. Many were begun in 2006 and work came to a screeching halt in 2007/8 when the market crashed.
They have restarted nearly all of these projects and the reps that I have talked to working the models are indicating that they are at nearly 100% occupancy within a month of the first move-in date on a newly opened phase.

That's a LOT of new roads and a lot of new addresses for which we will likely never get another automated import. This is going to be an indispensable tool in getting these areas mapped.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Fafa114 wrote:Hi !

I've already heard of your script but without using it.
Now, it's done ;)

It's perfect and works fine but could you improve it to add POI ?
I've got a lot of industrial areas around me and I would like to create (at least) name of POI for companies.

Is it possible ?

Thanks.
You can create POI directly from the app using Report > Place
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
bedo2991 wrote:Does anybody still have the script installed? :mrgreen:
Yes.
I use it all the time.

We've got a lot of new developments in my area.
The aerial imagery being WAY out of date doesn't help.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 317&zoom=6
This project is complete and lived-in except for the top left 2 roads

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 108&zoom=5
Likewise, this one has been open for move-ins for about a year and is neatly completely built and sold.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Does not appear to be loading on Firefox 44
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
bedo2991 wrote:Does anybody still have the script installed? :mrgreen:
Yes, I use it all the time, and it is no longer working under Firefox.

We have a LOT of new housing developments in my area and this tool is invaluable.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by taco909
Bump for update for Firefox?
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
-- Rich

Post by turbomkt
I was able to get this to work yesterday, but today Chrome has disabled it. Any suggestions?
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)