[Script] WME Validator 1.1.20 / 03.11.2016

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.4.6 (BETA) / 12.01.2014

Postby SuperDave1426 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:16 pm

berestovskyy wrote:So in US you'll have all the soft turns reported, but as a NOTE for basic streets and other drivables, ok?

Does a NOTE flash the road to call attention to it? 'Cause that's what I'm looking for when I'm panning around the map. :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby berestovskyy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:42 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Soft turns should be reported on all segments, including dead-end u-turns.

Sure, but there are some countries with lots of soft turns, so maybe they are not ready for so many warnings yet.

We might split the check into two:
1. NOTE: "Soft turn on drivable road" (streets and other drivable roads)
Countries: not UK, not IT, not FR, any other country

2. WARNING: "Soft turn on primary road" (primary streets and up)
Countries: any country

So in US you'll have all the soft turns reported, but as a NOTE for basic streets and other drivables, ok?
berestovskyy

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:19 pm

berestovskyy wrote:
fernandoanguita wrote:But you are right, there are so many of them and it does not worth to hard disable those turns. So in the next release the check will report soft turns on Primary streets and up only.

I don't think I agree with this either. Though maybe I misunderstand what you are saying. Soft turns should be reported on all segments, including dead-end u-turns.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby SuperDave1426 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:50 pm

berestovskyy wrote:But you are right, there are so many of them and it does not worth to hard disable those turns. So in the next release the check will report soft turns on Primary streets and up only.

If you're going to do that, PLEASE make it a selectable option to turn on or off non-primary street U-Turn detection. The very reason someone pointed out this tool to me was because I was complaining that I didn't have any way to detect end-node U-Turn issues (permitted or soft restricted). And in the areas that I work, there are a LOT of plain-old streets that have that issue. If you remove the check outright except for only primary streets and above, you'll be removing the very thing that brought me to this tool in the first place.

I've had URs from people who got routed a weird way, and when I've posted "what's wrong here" type questions, the response I've gotten from champs/experts/etc was that the soft restriction looked to be the cause so I should hard restrict it. So yea, it is worth it to highlight the soft restrictions. At least for some of us. :-D

I completely understand that some people may not find that so useful. But please don't hamstring those of us who do. :-) If you make it an option under settings (one that sticks across sessions preferred <grin>), then both groups of people can get what they need.

Thanks.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby berestovskyy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:25 pm

fernandoanguita wrote:May be Validator is checking on the other end... and there I cannot do anything as there are no turns.

Yes, you have soft disabled U-turns at the dead end of those streets (see the picture below).

But you are right, there are so many of them and it does not worth to hard disable those turns. So in the next release the check will report soft turns on Primary streets and up only.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Attachments
Soft Turn.png
(207 KiB) Downloaded 2065 times
berestovskyy

Postby fernandoanguita » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:09 pm

I have just drew a new street between two single end points, make new segment bidirectional, aloud all turns on the new nodes, delete segment, and ended clearing the "soft turn" detection on the original segments.

So it is due that Validator is checking on single street node and detecting "soft turn" on this disconnected, end of segment node.

Hope this helps, best regards,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby fernandoanguita » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:03 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Thanks for the feedback!

Hover your mouse over the problem title in the segment properties to get the "How to fix" instructions. For the soft turns it's: "Click the turn indicated with a purple question mark to confirm it."

There are purple question marks near the U-turn arrows, so you just click them to confirm that U-turns are disabled.

I have seen it and verified there are no U turns. I have also changed all turns red (not aloud turns), save the changes and then turn them green (turns aloud), save the changes again, and I cannot delete the "soft turn" warning message.

May be Validator is checking on the other end... and there I cannot do anything as there are no turns.

Thanks for your quick reply, and keep up the great work you are doing, best regrds,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby berestovskyy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:06 pm

fernandoanguita wrote:Can you provide me some guidance on how to solve this situation ?

Thanks for the feedback!

Hover your mouse over the problem title in the segment properties to get the "How to fix" instructions. For the soft turns it's: "Click the turn indicated with a purple question mark to confirm it."

There are purple question marks near the U-turn arrows, so you just click them to confirm that U-turns are disabled.
berestovskyy

Postby fernandoanguita » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:38 pm

First of all, congratulations for this great tool you made available to us.

I have an issue that I don´t know if it is some sort of bug or it is just me who doesn´t know how the tool works.

I have many one node connected segment which are highlighted as "Soft turn on drivable road".

Permalink to this situation HERE.

These segments do not have any soft turns on the connected node, I have tried to fix this "soft turn" to clear the detected error, but I have been unsuccesful. Can you provide me some guidance on how to solve this situation ?

Thanks for your effort on giving us better tools for editting, regards from Concepción, Chile,
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby davidg666 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:51 am

berestovskyy wrote:
davidg666 wrote:Would you consider adding country-specific checks for Ireland?

Sure, let's do it!

Excellent - thank you!
berestovskyy wrote:
davidg666 wrote:Only motorways (name begins with Mn or Mnn (eg M6, M18 or M50)) should have Freeway type.

Shall we check if a Mnn road is Motorway, if a Motorway is named Mnn or both?

Both, I reckon: check that all roads beginning Mnn are of type Freeway, and all roads of type Freeway begin with Mnn.
berestovskyy wrote:
davidg666 wrote:Names in parentheses after city names *are* valid (for example "Blackwater (Wexford)").

Sure, Validator reports incorrect city name only if it sees "Blackwater (Wexford)" and "Blackwater" names during the same map scan. You can use "Clear report" button to clear the city cache.

Please give me a permalink if you have a problem with this check.

Ah, OK - I thought I'd seen it complaining about a town with this pattern in its name. I'll keep an eye out and see if I notice it again, and give you a permalink if it does.
berestovskyy wrote:
davidg666 wrote:Cardinal direction indicators on motorways (such as the 'N' in "M7 N") are never in parentheses.

So, Motorways are either 'Mxx' or 'Mxx[space]<N, S, W or E>'

Yes - the cardinal direction should *almost* always be there (because motorways are always split) however motorways *occasionally* end with a roundabout or a short two-way stretch that doesn't have a cardinal direction.
berestovskyy wrote:Majors are 'Nxx' or 'Nxx[space]<local name, i.e. letters, digits, spaces or dots>'

Almost, except that major highways can also have cardinal directions (just like motorways) when they're split. (although I guess the regex that matches 'Nxx[space]<local name, i.e. letters, digits, spaces or dots>' would also match 'Nxx[space]<cardinal direction>' too, so that's fine).
berestovskyy wrote:Minos are 'Rxxx' or 'Rxxx[space]<local name, i.e. letters, digits, spaces or dots>'

Exactly! (split minor highways can also have cardinal directions (just like major highways) but the pattern for local name should match that too.

Thank you!

++David \ davidg666
davidg666
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts