[Script] WME Validator 1.1.8 / 07.05.2015

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.0 (BETA) / 20.03.2014

Postby BellHouse » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:50 pm

Validator's controls are located under the "Me" tab in WME. I suggest moving them to a dedicated Validator tab, like other extensions do:

In this way, there would be more space for the controls, and the number of menus within Validator could be reduced.
Global Champ / DACH Champ / CM Germany / Self-Management-Team Germany
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.3 (BETA) / 25.03.2014

Postby BellHouse » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:04 pm

BummerDude69 wrote:Is there an option to rerun/ update a report? Would be useful when trying to cleanup one particular area.

I guess if you create and save a permalink, you can always create reports starting from the exact same position, which is probably like re-running the report.
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby BellHouse » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:32 pm

bgodette wrote:
freade wrote:User BellHouse found the source of the problem related to Elevation Being Set to Null, it is caused by JNF (Junction Node Fixer). Just disable it and the problem is gone.
Except that it's not. It's a side effect of eventual consistency and has nothing to do with anything but WME's backend's current propagation delay at the time you save modification(s) to a segment(s).

Normally this is masked by JNF's issuing a second reload after a successful save, but sometimes you might get data served from a different server that isn't yet consistent.

Just to put this into another light: I did not mean to say that there is a bug in JNF leading to the null elevation data. I said JNF triggers this issue, and I might add it is not always doing so, and it might not only be JNF doing this. But - in my experience - JNF does have a high tendency of provoking this issue, for reasons way out my understanding.

But now the check for irregular elevation data has been switched off in Validator 0.9.3, so we can let this issue sleep again. ;)
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby BellHouse » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Is there a way to highlight segments which carry an alternate street name? I'm thinking of configuring something with the new RegExp feature, but I would not know which variable to use (something like ${alt_street}).

Check #34 only tests if the alternate street field has an empty name (only whitespace/s), so that cannot be tuned to do the job, I guess.

If it's not available, then this is a feature request. ;)
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby BellHouse » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:50 pm

berestovskyy wrote:Hi!
BellHouse wrote:Is there a way to highlight segments which carry an alternate street name?

Sorry, alt. names are not available in the template at the moment. Since there might be few alt. street/city names, I'm not sure how to represent them in one string.

Any ideas?

I would create the two strings ${alt_street} and ${alt_city}, each of which are a collection of all alternative street or city names, delimited by a hash (#) character. So if for instance the two alternative street names are "Main St." and "Main", then the ${alt_street} would be "Main St.#Main". A segment with no alternative street name would then get an empty ${alt_street}.
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby BellHouse » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:30 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:WMECH does already highlight streets with alternate names. It doesn't, of course, do any checking of the names, but you didn't ask for that. Yet. :)

Yes? Hm, mine doesn't. Which setting is this?
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] WME Validator 0.9.4 (BETA) / 30.03.2014

Postby BellHouse » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:54 am

berestovskyy wrote:1. No road continuation (for Primary Streets and up)
2. No right* turn (for any drivable road)
3. Geometry points are too close (for any drivable road)

1. and 3. seem ok for me.

I don't get the idea behind 2. You want to mark all right/left turns that are disabled (red arrow)? What's so special about a turn of around 90° angle? :?
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby BellHouse » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:14 pm

qwaletee wrote:
BellHouse wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:2. No right* turn (for any drivable road)

I don't get the idea behind 2. You want to mark all right/left turns that are disabled (red arrow)? What's so special about a turn of around 90° angle? :?

I think the idea is that while it is common to restrict left turns, it is uncommon to restrict right turns, unless there is a very sharp angle.

Ok, now I got it, thanks for your explanations.

I'd say we give it a try. If

1. the offset from 90° angle, and
2. the minimum length of one of the segments

were parameters to the new check, this could be fine-tuned in each country. Since we might expect some false-positives from this check (which we do not think of now), it might be a good idea to implement the check and have it disabled by default. Then the mass of editors will not be bothered by the false-positives, and some of us testers could turn it on manually.
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby BellHouse » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:33 pm

How do you define invalid elevation?
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby BellHouse » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:15 pm

Yes, I am just trying to find out if lg1992 means the same thing as we did earlier.

Anyway, the template would be ${elevation} and the regexp would be !\-[1-5]|^[0-9]$ , if you want to test if the elevation is outside of -5 and 9. And I trust you would manage to tune that to a range you are looking for.
BellHouse
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts