Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Post by JoshJMM
Ok, I don't know if this is working for anyone else but even with the most current Valfix and Chrome extension, the report is almost blank. None of the roads that should be getting flagged in the report are flagging at all. I have even thrown out some bad roads to test it and only 1 flagged and it only flagged as not having a name but showed up Blue instead of Red as it did in the past.

In the past, when I did a run of Denver, the report would pause at least 5 times due to "too many roads segments". Now it runs in less than 4 minutes (used to take over 15 for a full scan) and never pauses. I want to say it's missing about 90% of the road segments or something close to that.

So here's the question- Since this script is one of the core troubleshooting scripts out there, are we really going to just let this one die on the vine trying to "patch it" via external scripts? Does anyone have a plan to replace this with another script? I know that it would be a moderate to heavy undertaking and should be a community project like WMEPH is, but I think that this script is that important that something like this needs to be done.

And no, I'm not talking about taking the current Validator and "reverse engineering it".

Thoughts anyone?
JoshJMM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by JoshJMM
that's no problem if you are looking at a small town, but I'm talking Denver, Atlanta, LA. If you want to pan around at 500ft you are going to be panning for a week.
JoshJMM
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Jujuapika
It is not working at my side neither firefox nor chrome :(
Jujuapika
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Jujuapika
I have the same problem too. But as I see the problem is just on that objects, what I (or somebody) have edited in the last days.
Jujuapika
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by juliansean
I just finished my first mapraid, and it was really great having Validator back working! Thank you for all the work you put into getting it fixed!
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
SM: TX, LA, MS, AR, OK
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
Thank you for fixing this again!
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM
AM: SE FL, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Bronx, NY, Manhattan, NY, Queens, NY, E CA, SW KS

Post by juliansean
Thank you for the fixes you have implemented!
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM

Post by juliansean
I am not sure if we have a "team" working to update validator, but it is flagging "E." in a street name. But, when it's Ave E. we need the period or it says Avenue East instead of Avenue E .... Thank you for anyone who looks into this.

Sean
juliansean
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Sean Julian
CM