Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by berestovskyy
ditchi56 wrote:I wonder whether Validator could automatically fix some of the problems it detects when the user has asked it to run a scan? Is this feasible?
It was done few month ago. Validator is a stripped down read-only version of WME Mass Edit Tools (WMET). You can find the archival WMET thread over here: forum link

At the moment I have no plans to reincarnate WMET.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
30.03.2014 v0.9.4:
- Complete French translation of UI and checks.
Many thanks to arbaot and ClementH44!
- New variables for custom checks:
${altCity[index or delimeter]}
${altStreet[index or delimeter]}
- Fixed bug with highlighting at the screen edges
- CHECKS REVIEW:
I'm reviewing all the checks, removing unused, merging similar checks, adding params to some checks, splitting nodes A/B etc. So in this release:
Added 5 new checks #150-#154 for lock levels
Removed lock-related checks #65, #66, #67, #70, #71, #72, #76, #96, #97, and #122
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Hi!
Got few new ideas, so I request for comments.

1. No road continuation (for Primary Streets and up)
Report/highlight the segment if at the node:
a) this segment's road type is the highest among the segments at the node
b) and there is another segment with the same road type and street name
c) and that another segment is not marked as closed
d) and the connectivity between those two segments is possible (road directions), but not enabled

2. No right* turn (for any drivable road)
* for the right-hand traffic
a) there is a 90±5° right turn
b) and that right turn segment is also drivable
c) and that right turn segment is not marked as closed
d) and the connectivity between those two segments is possible (road directions), but not enabled

3. Geometry points are too close (for any drivable road)
Report/highlight the segment if:
a) the segment is a dead-end
b) and it has more than 2 geometry points
c) and the dead-end geometry point is very close (2 m?) to another point of the same segment
Here is an example posted on this forum some time ago: permalink

Any comments/suggestions?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
sketch wrote:Wait, I have a problem with the "no right turn" check. Wouldn't it call for erroneous enabling of turns like the right turn from this segment?
Ok, how about that:
2. No right* turn (for any drivable road)
* for the right-hand traffic
a) there is an up to 85° right turn
a1) and either this segment OR that right turn segment is longer than 300m (~1000 ft)
b) and that right turn segment is also drivable and non-private
c) and that right turn segment is not marked as closed

Would that new a1) condition be sufficient to detect connectors and other possible exceptions?
BellHouse wrote:I don't get the idea behind 2.
The idea is that in right-hand traffic countries the right non-acute turns are mostly enabled except some rare situations. So we can assume that disabled right turn is an error.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Please welcome one more language:

Localization and translation package* for Germany by BellHouse:
For Chrome browser: Chrome Web Store
For Firefox/Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey: userscripts.org
* Note: you also need the main package installed.

The package will be useful for any German-speaking editor, since it translates user interface, problem descriptions and solutions (once you switch WME into German), while applies the rules of the country you are using it in.

Many thanks to BellHouse for the great job!

If you would like to translate Validator into your language, please have a look at this forum post
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
sketch wrote:check out Street View on the service road at Aurora and Orion here — to prohibit drivers from cutting through the neighborhood when exiting the Interstate.
Wow, very nice and rare example. I just wondering how can we detect such a situation... A turn from a Ramp/Highway to the regular street or lower? Any ideas?

Although the map is perfectly correct, there are few possibilities to suppress the warning in Validator at the moment:
1. Add a 24/7 time based turn restriction from highway to the street.

2. Make an exiting piece of the screet one way.

3. Make the screet private.

I know it's ugly but a tempory solution. So, shall I exclude inward connectivities warnings for the turns from highways/ramps to streets/parking lots/dirts?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
lg1992 wrote:Are there plans to enable checking for invalid elevation? If not, can I enable this checking just for me? If not, what's the correct rule to define custom condition for that?
Sorry, I couldn't reproduce the issue in my environment, so there is no plans to re-enable it unless someone ask me to. But sure you can use custom check to find null elevations.

Click Settings->custom and in "Custom template" field put:

Code: Select all

${elevation}
In the "Custom RegExp" field put:

Code: Select all

null
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
No worries, Validator is a read-only tool. At the moment it's dozens of files/~15K lines of source code project roots in WMET, so I never paid attention to those messages. And frankly, I have no idea how did you get into that part of legacy code :lol:

But sure, it will be fixed in the next release.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
petervdveen wrote:Question about the error 'too short segment'.
It's a per-country setting and by default Validator reports 'too short segment' if a segment is 2m long or less. The check also skips dead-ends and roundabout segments.

There is also a group if checks, which skips less than 6m long segments:
#44 'No outward connectivity'
#102/#103 'Node A/B: No outward connectivity'
#107/#108 'Node A/B: No connection'

So by default there is a gap for the 3-5m long segments, i.e. you don't get them reported as too short nor Validator thoroughly checks their connectivity.

It's made on purpose after I scanned few capitals in Europe and found too many false positives at complex intersections. There was no reliable way to exclude those false positives, so I decided to make the gap. It's in my todo, but I haven't managed yet to get back to the issue.

Let me know if I shall increase the value for the too short segments for BeNeLux.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Here are few examples of too short segments in Amsterdam to illustrate what I mean:
permalink1
permalink2
permalink3
permalink4

And tons of regular streets like this:
berestovskyy
Send a message