Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by berestovskyy
ispyisail wrote:Ok i've found an example
In this particular case Validator missed a note reported by Toolbox. When I looked into the code, both Toolbox and Colour Highlight did not detect tile load properly and they both used a timer to periodically re-highlight segments.

So I had to implement a trick in Validator: once it detects the tile is loaded and ready, Validator dispatches an event to WMECH to force it to re-highlight the segments. It does not send anything to Toolbox though and I don't remember the reason. Probably the trick didn't work with Toolbox or smth :?

Generally speaking, those misses are plausible in Validator, esp. for the very long segments crossing the map view. So few month ago I send a message to Ohad asking a permission to use a low-level WME calls. It would allow Validator to scan the map few times faster and detect issues on the very long segments.

Now the validation functionality being implemented on the WME servers, I guess there is no reason to put much efforts here...
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
lg1992 wrote:Lately I cannot use the Validator on the beta editor (Israeli server).
Confirmed, I'll try to fix it.
bz2012 wrote:Is it possible to add a custom template field for {editorID} or {CreatedBy} {EditedBy} ?
In Validator you can simply click search tab and then put a username(s) into "Updated by" field. The 'Updated by" field is available for country managers only.
krikketdoug wrote:Given that Street would only be used at the end of the street name, but Saint would be used after the directional (if any) and before the name, could Validator look for St in this context?
There is a forum thread with lots of useful custom checks for US: WME Validator localization for US
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
25.06.2014 v1.0.1:
- Disabled for IL #52 'Too long street name'
- Disabled for IL #41, #42 'Reverse connectivity'
- Fixed for IL WME Beta
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Added to the F.A.Q.:

Search for a specific username
Validator does support a search for a specific username. Click "search" tab and put a desired username(s) into the "Updated by" field.

For privacy reasons the feature is available for country managers only. Regular users and area managers have "Include only your edits" option instead.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
The "Updated by" feature was implemented months ago and we agreed that it's for country managers only.

But I still get questions and requests to implement the feature or variables for custom checks, so I decided to add it to the F.A.Q.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
04.07.2014 v1.0.2:
- Complete Hebrew translation thanks to gad_m
- Minor UI changes for right-to-left languages (please report any issues)
- Changed keyboard shortcut to 'Alt+V'

+ Two new external translations:
Note: you need to install them along with the main Validator package using Tampermonkey Super-mega-cool! Thanks guys!
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Few answers:
SuperDave1426 wrote:is there any chance that Validator can be updated to no longer highlight roads with "Unconfirmed turn at node {A|B}" when node {A|B} is a dead end?
Thanks, will be fixed.
qwaletee wrote:Does the keystroke automatically update? Mine had stayed at Shift-W (interfering with Waze's new Shift-W for closing SV) until I manually changed it.
Validator does not save keyboard shortcuts, so I guess it's another script saved that.
bummerdude69 wrote:Is it possiable to identify the geometric nodes (not the end points, but the ones in the middle) that are at 180 degrees?
Thanks, added to my todo list.
mikenit wrote:I will like to see the type of road connected to the A junction?
Is there an variable that expands the type of conected segment?
There is no such a variable and it would be slow to implement and tricky to match. It's better to implement such checks inside the Validator using Javascript, not just regular expressions.
Taco909 wrote:Is there a way to add non-approved speed and RL cameras (or even all cameras) to the custom search feature?
Sorry, at the moment Validator analyze just road segments.
Olestas wrote:It is possible to search just for segments updated by User?
You can use a custom check to highlight all segments and then search for a specific username, i.e.
Template: 1
RegExp: /1/
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
houstonmg wrote:Some notice about the reported behavior in the beta editor?
Confirmed. Lot's of work to rewrite Validator and then to review and retest all the affected checks... :(
Taco909 wrote:The report seems to catch things, but I'll be at a wider view and might see a blue highlight, zooming in it changes to yellow, or something goes away completely.
Seems to work fine on non-beta world. A permalink would help to confirm.
KB_Steveo wrote:I noticed some freeway segments that had an Automatic (1) lock that Validator did not pick up. They were not highlighted nor did they show up in a validator report.
A permalink?
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Hi!
Sorry, I missed the expiration date :(
sketch wrote:could you remove the dead-end U turn check, and make it such that the "unconfirmed turn" checks etc. don't look at dead-end nodes?
Done.
Taco909 wrote:It will appear and disappear at various zoom levels and change as the map is panned, and in some cases display blue on a wide view, then change to yellow or even red when zoomed in.
All your links look fine to me. Validator does not run slow checks on low zoom levels AND it re-checks segments once WME loads in more data (i.e. when you pan or zoom in).

I suggest to use zoom level 4+ to make sure everything is loaded and all checks are available.
alexschrod wrote:Being a software developer,
So could you help me to adapt Validator to WME beta then? I would really appreciate any help here...
alexschrod wrote:In the next update, if the author wants this kind of behavior in place, they should add another check first that sends a request to see if there is an actual update ready
Validator does not send or receive any data from the internet for security reasons.
wlodek76 wrote:Could you explain us why do you lock this script ? What is purpose of doing this ?
The script has an expiration date since the v0.3. The first few versions expired just in 7 days to force users to update the script...

It also forces me to update the script and publish a new version. And it really motivates me lately...

In turn, I'd like to ask you to help me to finish Polish translation. Here are the detailed instruction: forum link
iainhouse wrote:Could we please have the highlighting of dead-end u-turns turned back on for the UK, please?
I guess you can still use a custom check for that (i.e. match deadEndA&UturnA or deadEndB&UturnB).

Let me know if you still would like to get those checks back for UK.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
wlodek76 wrote:Many of us could feel a little frustrated with this "lock" :)
This "lock" was introduced in v0.3 on demand of Waze Champs.
iainhouse wrote:Yes please.
Ok.
SuperDave1426 wrote:when the "expiration" date has passed and there actually isn't a new version online yet
Validator does not send or receive any data from the internet for security reasons.
sketch wrote:only 5 custom checks may be added in a localization pack? Is it possible to increase this number?
Sure, but if you're checking street names, please use #16x checks instead.
ispyisail wrote:New Zealand wants the same as the UK
Ok.
berestovskyy
Send a message