Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by berestovskyy
MdSyah wrote:Would you please put back the highlight of dead end u turn check back for Malaysia like those of the UK.
So, maybe it's easier to turn it back on for all countries but US then?

New advanced example in Custom Checks Examples:
New! To highlight segments if primary street name and one of the alt. names are the same
Template: #${street}#${altStreet[#]}#
RegExp: /(#.+)(?=#).*\1#/
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Guys,
The update (v1.0.4) has been published. You need to force your browser to update the extension.

Also you can click Search tab and put the following into the "Reported as" field:

Code: Select all

!44, !45, !50, *
i.e. to disable checks 44, 45, 50 and report any other issues.

Have a nice weekend for those of you who still has ;)
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
nogetandet wrote:I have found, that it's possible to put House Numbers on a junction.. Can you include that in the check (at least for Denmark), as an error?

Here is an example this
Sorry, the permalink looks fine to me :?
Daemonia wrote:As written on https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Benelux_Freeway, "E42 - A15" is a valid name for this freeway.
Thanks, will be fixed in the next release.
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
bz2012 wrote:FIrst time I have tried using the TYPE ferry, I see a problem: It is flagged as 'non drivable connected to drivable'.
Hey,
Do we use ferries yet? This wiki page says: "Do not use the Ferry Road type for any purpose": https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Ferries
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Taco909 wrote:I've deleted it and it comes back.
I've reset to defaults and it clears but comes back.
Make sure you have closed all other WME windows and tabs. Seems like the settings come back from another WME instance...
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
falco_sparverius wrote:I believe I've found a scenario of overlapping segments which is not caught by validator:
The segments do not share both endpoints,
You are right, Validator detects overlapping segments connected at the same node only.

It was already requested few times to detect any segment overlapping any other segment. Unfortunately, it would be extremely slow :(
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
29.08.2014 v1.1.0:
- Compatibility with beta WME
Note: some checks are still disabled
- Updated for BE #160 'Incorrect Freeway name'
- Disabled for IL #91 'Two-way Ramp segment'
- Removed 1 sec startup delay introduced in v0.6.2
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Guys,
Please turn off the 'Two way by default' option in advanced settings. I'll fix it ASAP.

Edit: fixed in v1.1.1
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
30.08.2014 v1.1.1:
- Fixed 'Two-way segments by default' option
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
alexschrod wrote:Any reason the Custom Templates are locked to having only two
If you have few useful custom checks, please share them with other users! To do so, please post them here or create your own localization package.

You can customize, enable, disable and add custom checks with the localization pack. Optionally, you can translate user interface and check descriptions, but it's not mandatory.

Regarding the color selection. If a segment has a blue note and a red error it will be highlighted in red, because in Validator errors are more important than notes. In a turn, custom checks are more important than errors. So I'm not sure if a color selection will make any sense having this predefined color "hierarchy" in Validator.

But if you're looking for a way to highlight specific issues on the map, you have 2 options:
1. Click "Search" tab and put the issue(s) you're looking for into the "Reported as" field. For example, you can put there *lock* to highlight just issues with the lock levels.

2. Or you can scan an area and then click "Show report" button. Every permalink you open in the specific part of the report will have exactly the same issue.
berestovskyy
Send a message