Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
BellHouse wrote:EDIT: But, roundabouts are now also created as twoways by default, which should of course not be the case!
WME beta had the 2-way change built-in and the roundabout issue has also been noted in the beta feedback.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
gizmouf wrote: Street name starting without upper case

There was a US discussion in the last couple of months about whether there are proper places to not have first letter upper case on real streets. I don't remember the thread or the outcome at this time, but this needs examination. Ramps starting with "to" should definitely be an exception for this check, at least in the US.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
sketch wrote: Alan, what do you think about...
I agree with all your recommendations.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ituajr wrote:
berestovskyy wrote:21.01.2014 0.5.1:
- NEW for ALL 'Lowercase city name'
[...]
My experience has been that you can't change the case of a city name. You can try, but when the map refreshes, it returns to the original case.
There's a form for that. :)

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jP38Br ... 8/viewform
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
TonyTorrent wrote:Emmons Circle is the horseshoe with both ends connecting to Wolcott Hill Street.
Emmons Circle needs to be split into two segments. No two segments should have the same end points. It causes all sorts of routing problems, and misidentification of the actual route requested on URs, etc. It also causes issues with inability to locate the correct location when starting on that type of road.

This has been well documented in a few different forum discussions, which the Validator author provided links to earlier in this thread.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
TonyTorrent wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:This has been well documented in a few different forum discussions, which the Validator author provided links to earlier in this thread.
Thanks Alan, that's all I needed to know. I don't always have the time to read all of the threads and posts, that's why I started out with the comment that it might have been brought up before.
Discovered I believe I was wrong. It got sent to me via PM. He provided two links to threads about 2-part/3-part loops.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
kentsmith9 wrote:There were comments this was a known issue with Cartouche, but not necessarily the current WME.

Today I sent a message to the Waze team on that specific issue. I will report back what they say relative to this issue. If anyone has any current routing issues they know about or can find any forum threads showing this is still a problem then let us know and we can add it to the Wiki best practices.
There are definitely threads about issues with routing related to segments which shared the same endpoints. And this has nothing to do with Cartouche, as it doesn't do routing, so why is that even relevant to the discussion? The issue with the routing server has existed since the days of Cartouche. I doubt Waze will officially have much to say about it because they've never properly responded to the threads displaying the issue.

Don't forget this is also the reason why WME does not allow the starting junction to split a segment if the end junction is on the same segment. It's been built into WME since the very beginning to dissuade this type of loop from being created.