Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by SuperDave1426

You know, if this thing is going to be designed with an expiration date in it, it would be nice if the new version was released before it expires.... :-)

I tried doing an "update extensions" in Chrome, but no new version was installed.

So, can we have the new version, please? :D
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Last edited by SuperDave1426 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by SuperDave1426
kodi75 wrote:Work-around for the expired version: Set your computer clock back a couple days ...
That's not really a good solution, though yea it works. Suspect it's an unacceptable work-around for people who have things going on their computers that require them to have accurate time/date information on their systems.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Thanks for that, though I don't know if you can edit the native Chrome script that's been installed in that fashion. Does anyone know if the userscripts version works in Chrome under Tampermonkey?

What I'd really like to know is why on Earth this thing needs an expire date, of all things? I really don't see what useful purpose it serves....

Edit: Well, I went ahead and gave it a try. So far, it seems to function just fine in Chrome as a userscript being handled by Tampermonkey. Which means I could put in the modification suggested, and now it seems to be running again. Yay! :)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
Last edited by SuperDave1426 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SuperDave1426
I just fired up WME and got an update announcement for the Validator. Looks like he finally pushed out an update. :)

It would be nice if this update did not have an artificial, unneccessary expiration date in it.... :?

Since the userscripts version does seem to work under Tampermonkey in Chrome, I'm just going to keep using that so that if it does have another expire date, it will be easy to disable next time.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
wlodek76 wrote:Maybe a better solution could be displaying some annoying popup window during start instead stopping the script from working. Let's say you need to go to vacations and there is a problem because upgrade needs to be placed manually on specified date.
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/ ... hssign.gif
Seriously.

Toolbox will pop up a message when you start it if there's a newer version available and the auto-update feature in the browser hasn't auto-updated it yet, letting you know that it's time to update. You can click on ok and happily continue to work with it, but it doesn't stop working just because there's a newer version.

If similar code could be added to Validator so that when the "expiration" date has passed and there actually isn't a new version online yet, at least that way people could continue working until the new version is available online to provide that update.

Just a thought.... :)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
I appreciate having it, too. I don't see that above field (Updated by) when I bring up the search tab.

Is it restricted to CMs & RCs?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
crazycaveman wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote:I appreciate having it, too. I don't see that above field (Updated by) when I bring up the search tab.

Is it restricted to CMs & RCs?
It is restricted to CMs, as stated in the FAQ
New! Search for a specific username
Validator does support a search for a specific username. Click "search" tab and put a desired username(s) into the "Updated by" field.

For privacy reasons the feature is available for country managers only. Regular users and area managers have "Include only your edits" option instead.
Ok, thanks. I wonder if he can be persuaded to add State Managers, at least within the states they manage....
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
doctorkb wrote:
SuperDave1426 wrote: Ok, thanks. I wonder if he can be persuaded to add State Managers, at least within the states they manage....
I doubt it. I suspect that he's using a "CM" flag that is applied to a user's record by the Waze system.

To expand it to anyone else would have to be to "AM" or everyone... unless he did a username-by-username validation.
Oh, maybe I misunderstood then. I thought that I had read somewhere that Waze actually created an official State Manager designation in the system. You're right, if all they did was just make us AMs with an area the size and shape of our states, then he'd have no way to tell the difference.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Thanks for the quick fix on those! I trust those checks will be re-enabled at some point? :-)
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by SuperDave1426
Taco909 wrote:Thankfully, the combination of URO+ allowing cameras to display at Zoom-1 and 2 and the invalid mass camera deleter script makes life easier.
https://greasyfork.org/scripts/2377-wme ... ass-eraser
How do you set URO+ to adjust how far out cameras show up? I can't seem to find a setting for that...
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message