Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by sketch
Nomenclator1677 wrote:Here you go. But only when you select the button and push it up, then it appears.

You have only this window placed on top of.

You can't close it! you can reduce or enhance it and then it is completely unreadable! :mrgreen:

And you can't access to road names!
That is a Toolbox window, not a Validator window.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
No, that button only deactivates Toolbox highlights, like for elevation, lock level, and soft turns. It does not disable any of Toolbox's other features. What you're seeing is a corrupted version of the Toolbox segment list.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
voludu2 wrote:I am seeing inconsistencies with custom template/regexp highlighting, This makes it somewhat less useful than it could be for identifying "state smudging" [. . .]
I don't think this is a problem with Validator, but rather a problem with WME not loading all segment details fully. I notice this most prevalently after saving. If you click on one of these not-highlighted segments, does the highlight show up? Clicking on the segment forces WME to look at the segment info, because it has to display it.

Bookmarklets that operate on everything on the screen will also sometimes make WME load all that info as well. Sometimes, if I run a geometry simplifier bookmarklet, the highlights will then show up.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
berestovskyy wrote: 1. Validator skips all checks for locked segments, which were updated after the 2014-05-01. There is a message in the segment's properties for that. We mark "exceptions" this way.
By "locked", do you mean any lock at all, or just locks past a certain level? Because if it's any locks, it can be a problem where a segment is locked at level 2, and an inexperienced level 2 editor makes changes after May 2014, but doesn't clear the problem.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Ok great! So for me it will show all highlights, even if edited yesterday. Just wanted to make sure nothing changed. I like that lower level users can see older locked errors so they can submit an unlock or update request.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Hi, none of my highlights are working, I think since the recent maintenance update. I've tried with all other scripts disabled. The Validator layer is enabled, and "Highlight issues on the map" is enabled. Thanks.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
They're working fine in beta, but not in production. Weird. I reinstalled Validator, still the same.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
...You know, I think that might be what it was. I filtered all the checks but one custom check to look for negative elevations back home. Maybe I forgot to take that out. Crap.

I'll never know for sure, since I deleted the localstorage key and started from scratch :D
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Olestas wrote:Wow, now can buttons be added to disable/enable custom checks? :D
It's really easy to do this, one way is to do the "!128" or whatever the number is, but the easier way is just to insert a space or some other character in the regex or template field to break the check :D
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
PesachZ wrote:
ispyisail wrote:Hi guys

Its not working as expected

Cut and paste from validator just in case

Code: Select all

${typeRank}:${street}
/^1[01]:.*( [a-z)|([A-Z]{2})
It picked up many road but not what i was after

examples

Crawford Rd
Fonterra Te Rapa
Piwakawaka Court
Arncliffe Tce

Thoughts?

Thanks
Missing closing square bracket

I think this is looking for any road type 10 or 11, which has in the name a string of space, followed by two characters which be any lowercase or uppercase, or parentheses or a pipe or opening square bracket. Basically I think it is matching any two consecutive letters "case insensitive" or any of the following [()|

Regardless of what exactly it is matching try this to fix it. This still only looks for matches on road type 10 or 11

/^1[01]:.*( [a-z])|([A-Z]{2})
Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2
You got too many parentheses in there. Do this:

/^1[01]:.*( [a-z]|[A-Z]{2})
Options work like this (option 1|option 2), not like this (option 1)|(option 2).
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message