Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by jasawebsite
daveacincy wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:03 pm To disable checks, you can go into the Validator tab and click on the search tab. In the Report As field, you can enter a string like !55,* to disable the new check #55 or !54,!55,* to disable 54 & 55.

Conversely, if you are in a country that they are not enabled for, you could enter 54,* to enable check 54.

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for sharing this helpful tip on disabling checks in the Validator tab. I appreciate you taking the time to explain the steps clearly. I'll definitely give this a try when needed. 

jasawebsite
Send a message

Post by javanesse
any updates from this script?
javanesse
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Since 0.8 I have noticed the validator is reporting quite a few more "overlapping segments" in my area. Was something changed? These are segments that are on/off ramps for highways, and follow the satellite map (and the actual position of the lanes in real-world) correctly.

Also, and I don't have a permalink example of this right now but I'll try to find one sometime soon.. in the past few days I seem to be able to get the validator to go into a kind of a loop, especially if part of a segment is off-screen. I get a "same endpoints drivable segments" warning, so I split the segment in two by drawing a new road to it, then erasing the road. Once I save that, the validator script then reports "Unneeded node" on the node that was just created. Remove the node, and I go back to the "same endpoints" warning again, etc.

Edit: That didn't take long. Validator reported this as "unneeded node B" in the report, but didn't identify it when I clicked the link. I remember having broken this segment into two a few days ago to get rid of the "same endpoints" warning.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
pumrum wrote: Wy ==> Way

I did a quick peruse through the available checks, and didn't see anything for non-abbreviated street suffixes in the US, such as:

Road ==> Rd
Street ==> St

Would there be value in adding these for the US servers (I see some for Pl, etc)
For what it's worth, "Wy" is a valid abbreviation of Way in Canada.

There are also some places where road "types" are included in the name. I have one particular area of insanity which is called "View Road Place". (Nearby is "West Rock Road", which should be abbreviated to "West Rock Rd", but is invariably considered the west portion of "Rock Rd", i.e. "W Rock Rd".) In addition, some cities in my province (Alberta) have small stub roads off of streets, which they call xx Street Close, xx Street Crescent, etc.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Using the default configuration, the script reports items which start inside my area of responsibility but end outside. An example link is https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... s=59779373, but I don't know what good it will do for someone who's not got my same areas of responsibility. The segment's northern end is inside my area, but the problem (at node A) is outside my area. Validator identifies it for me, even though I can't resolve it.

While I'm posting.. I imagine this may have been discussed before, but is there a way to get the script to validate without me staying in that browser tab? If I move to another tab, the script acts as if it's paused.

Also, can the default settings be changed in future releases so that sounds are off? With all due respect, do people really want to listen to their machine beep for 5 minutes while it finds map problems?
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
berestovskyy wrote:Validator reports issues outside of my editable areas
Please make sure "Exclude non-editable segments" filter option is checked.
It is, and I still get this behavior. I guess it's the "off the screen" part of the issue as some of these segments are very long and end up 3 or 4 "screens" away from the origin point at the max zoom level.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
At (a) certain zoom level, when I click on a node (in preparation for doing a 'qw' to fix soft turns, reverse connectivity, etc), the node appears only "partially" selected, and doesn't put anything in the left sidebar of WME except "One node selected" (the "turns allowed" and a button to disable/enable all turns is there, but greyed out). This happened in WME 1.5 and is continuing in WME 1.6. It appears to be zoom level 3, and the icon that indicates the node is selected shows up as a dark blue circle with a translucent (very faint) blue inside, instead of the white circle with light (opaque) blue within. Just wondering if that is related to Validator or if I should be looking at Junction Node Fixer (which I also have installed), or if it's an issue with WME itself.

At zoom 3, I can still see Street level roads, but can't click their segments, so it may be WME instead of Validator, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Ok, thanks. I didn't mention that once that happens, the only way to edit that node again is to reload the entire webpage (or save work and let it refresh).

I'll just work at a tighter zoom level.
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
Curious - what am I supposed to click here?
clickwhut.PNG

This is on a Windows XP computer with all the proper fonts installed, on the latest Google Chrome.

For what it's worth, "Show report" was greyed out and inaccessible, and clicking the play-icon button again let Validator continue, and it eventually finished, with zero things to report ("Show report" still greyed out).
Jay91150
Send a message

Post by Jay91150
irowiki wrote:It is possible (but unlikely, I think) that the area you were scanning was already cleaned up.
It's highly likely as I spent a couple of weeks checking the entire area and cleaning up what I could. I am running Validator again to make sure everything was caught, and to see if the new checks recently added hit on anything.

My greater concern is that I don't have a square-box key on my keyboard, so I don't know what I'm supposed to press to continue.
Jay91150
Send a message