Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ali_zali
hi guys
what should i do with this error???
ali_zali
Send a message
Attachments

Post by ali_zali
so i have to uninstall it?
no usefull anymore
thank you
ali_zali
Send a message

Post by AndyLaode
SuperDave1426 wrote:Hey, I just got an update notice when I started WME and it seems to be accessible again. Has our long-lost Validator maintainer returned? :D
i got same message also today

but after close and reopen chrome. it is gone
AndyLaode
Send a message
andylaode (andylaode@outlook.com)
okay, mate, see you on the road and on the map too, cheers

Post by annickdw
For Belgium #31 and #33 are irrelevant, because our citynames are fixed, we can't really make such mistakes in the cityname.
And because we have citynames that are used more than once, we use abbreviations to distinguish them: pe 'Laeken / Laken (Bru.)' is colouring completely blue, and that doesn't need to be changed
annickdw
Send a message

Post by anto64
I confirm, same problem...
anto64
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by APettyJ
With the part of validator that focuses on RR names and locks, is there a master list of approved railroad names? Some common N. American RR names are flagged in Validator, such as Conrail (it is not a "fallen flag", i.e. no longer in existence, rather it operates solely in Philly/S. Jersey, N. Jersey and Detroit), CSX Transportation, Amtrak or my local regional rail network SEPTA (SouthEastern Pa Transp. Auth.). In addition, while adding the word "Line" seems to remove the flag, not all railroad lines are "lines". A big example of this is Amtrak's Northeast Corridor, which currently gets the flag. Some lines may be called a "secondary", "industrial", "industrial TRACK" (there is a difference) or even "yard". "Conrail - Port Richmond Industrial" could be made "Industrial LINE", but "Industrial Track" couldn't be, nor could "Conrail - Frankford Yard" have "line" added to it.

Is it possible to have the words "Corridor", "Yard" and "Track" added to exempted words? "Lead" may be another example, as the tracks that approach railroad yards are often called "Yard Leads", but may not actually be part of the yard, and could themselves be miles long.
APettyJ
Send a message
WME L3: Junior Editor
App Beta Tester Waze v 4.22.1.901
Sprint
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Android 7.0
Philadelphia, PA, USA

Post by APettyJ
Words that should be added to the validator: "Railway" (BNSF and Norfolk Southern company names include "Railway", not "Railroad"); "Yard"; "Junction"; and "Track". Current wiki guidance concerning mapping railroads suggests that when mapping yards it is sufficient to outline the yard with a track, similar to how PLRs are used to border parking lots. These tracks marking the edges of the yard would be part of the yard, and not 'lines to the yard', as the term "yard line" would suggest.

The other types of railroad lines could all end with the word "line", like a "spur line", or a "secondary line". Main lines typically go by the name of their destination city, eg. "Amtrak - Harrisburg Line" or "CSXT - Trenton Line".

Perhaps "Company" could be added to the whitelist of words as well.
APettyJ
Send a message
WME L3: Junior Editor
App Beta Tester Waze v 4.22.1.901
Sprint
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Android 7.0
Philadelphia, PA, USA

Post by AquaZR1
With the new version of WME, Validator is not loading for me. I'm using Chrome and have tried reinstalling the extension.

Thanks!
AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message
Last edited by AquaZR1 on Mon May 23, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.