Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by nhanway
berestovskyy wrote:
bz2012 wrote:FIrst time I have tried using the TYPE ferry, I see a problem: It is flagged as 'non drivable connected to drivable'.
Hey,
Do we use ferries yet? This wiki page says: "Do not use the Ferry Road type for any purpose": https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Ferries
Right now. Never use the ferry road type!
nhanway
Send a message

Post by nhanway
Taco909 wrote:Is there a custom code that can be used to highlight gas stations that are saved as "point" instead of "area"?
I don't think validator can be used for places at all.

If it can, or could be updated to include places that would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nhanway
Send a message

Post by nidnarb
Anyway possible to get validator to stop saying roads that have a period are invalid. Example G.5 Rd NE, Q.1 Rd NE, T.7 Rd NE etc..

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
nidnarb
Send a message

Post by nidnarb
PesachZ wrote:
nidnarb wrote:Anyway possible to get validator to stop saying roads that have a period are invalid. Example G.5 Rd NE, Q.1 Rd NE, T.7 Rd NE etc..

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Do you have any permalinks for these roads, should they really have a period in the name? This is a check which is specific to USA and checks that names are in accordance with our recommended abbreviations.
Yes in Douglas and Grant County in WA have periods in the street name. When its a parralel road from the main one. Example G Rd NW, streets between that and F Rd NW would be something like G.7 Rd NW or G.3 Rd NW. I have confirmed from County GiS and one person who lives in the area thats how the streets are named. These are the same streets where i have the issue with TTS. Here is a PL of one of the road signs in that area. https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... lter=false

Here is another PL of a road example at intersection. https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... lter=false

If you need any other info let me know.
nidnarb
Send a message

Post by nidnarb
Part of the reason for the check is to avoid TTS issues. We may have to do something to accomodate here, or work around.
Well it does look like you got the TTS fixed. now the roads say the right name. Before they said ten zero 2 road north east. Now it says ten point 2 road north east. So hopefully you guys can get validator to work around this. Thanks again!
nidnarb
Send a message

Post by Nimbus-
mrsmith66 wrote:In Chrome - Validator seems to be preventing the left pane from scrolling, making the other tools unusable.
As a temporary fix, I've toggled it to move to the bottom. But now I can't hide the bubble blimp at the bottom.
Nimbus-
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by no1ne
there is a typo in the report
Filter: duplicate segments, non-drivables and streets, non-editable segments and mjnor issues are excluded from this report.
no1ne
Send a message
Localize Waze

Vous voulez adapter Waze dans une langue (régionale) non supportée contactez moi

Post by no1ne
I think check for WMETB: Simple segment shouldn't ignore roundabout segments
no1ne
Send a message
Localize Waze

Vous voulez adapter Waze dans une langue (régionale) non supportée contactez moi

Post by no1ne
oops my mistake i mean should
no1ne
Send a message
Localize Waze