Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by ditchi56
kentsmith9 wrote:
ditchi56 wrote:Validator complains about this, coming up with errors 118, 119 & 78.
I just created a similar setup in my test area and found the following:

1. 118 and 119 seem resolvable by having the 2 degrees of separation recommended. I don't see why you have them actually overlapping if you then have a massive bump in the middle that will clearly be seen in the client. I have the two roads parallel each other by a small gap and it seems fine.

2. 78 is there for routing. Just split the toll segment and you: a) fix any routing issue if you start in one of those two segments, and b) solve the error message.
1. The two segments must start and end overlapping perfectly. If you have the 2 degrees of separation, you risk Waze generating unwanted "keep left" / "keep right" instructions. There is no massive bump in the middle, the central separation is kept small so that it is only visible in WME at high zoom, and not at all noticeable in the client.

Two parallel roads with a small gap would appear as two roads in the client, which would be an inappropriate rendering of a single road on the ground.

2. This solution has been running for six months now with no reported routing problems. I'm not sure whether this is because the segments are so short that Waze can start routing from the end rather than the middle without anyone noticing, or whether it is because it doesn't matter which segment it starts from. Either way, there is no routing issue here to resolve.

Please refer to the Waze Wiki if you require further information.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
The latest release seems a step backwards with the loss of the map links, apparently "requested by Waze staff".

I can understand the removal of links to copyright data such as Bing, but surely

- there's no reason to remove the link to Google maps since Google own Waze, they're not going to object to their own property being enhanced?

- there's no reason to remove the link to OpenStreetMap since that prides itself on being copyright-free?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Olestas wrote:How can this be used on Mac/Safari?
The best solution for Mac that I was able to come up with a couple of years ago was download the Firefox browser. That's still working fine for me, but if someone can find a way of getting scripts and extensions to work on Safari that would be nice.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by DK204
Same here; Validator does not work with me anymore. Does not show up on the tab on the left, eventhough the script is running. Also the Extension for Chrome does not show any Validator in my Tab on the left side :(
DK204
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Finding Validator so useful for finding newbie mistakes (and some of us old hands too!). This request is a big one and I'm not sure how you would do it without some exception testing. In London we use this type of construction to work the time based operation of our congestion charge. The idea is to make sure the client display shows it as a normal road as the clever stuff is all overlapped (blame iainhouse for this!). Of course Validator flags it up as overlapping - is it possible to prevent these types of segments being raised as issues?
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
berestovskyy wrote:
dknight212 wrote:In London we use this type of construction to work the time based operation of our congestion charge.[...]is it possible to prevent these types of segments being raised as issues?
It's not a problem to suppress the "Overlapping segments" either for lvl 6 locked segments or if one of the overlapping segments has a time based restriction.

Please note that Validator users have the "Exclude non-editable segments" option set by default, so low-level users do not see those errors since the segments have lvl 6 lock.

Please discuss the options I mentioned above with the other CMs and let me know shall I exclude lvl 6 locked segments, segments with restrictions, both or neither.

Thanks!
Thanks for this, unfortunately no great demand from the other UK CMs for this. I wonder if it would ever be useful to have the ability to select only certain lock levels for checking? I suppose not, given that an error is an error whoever caused it. Oh well.
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
http://i.imgur.com/sqekhER.jpg

Spelling errors are courtesy of large thumbs and a small smartphome keyboard.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message
"This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickok." -Matthew Quigley

US Country Manager (In between deliveries)

Post by dmcrandall
So, that was roughly 19 hours from initial trouble report until it was updated and working again? I wish turnaround was that fast in all areas of our lives.

Awesome job on resolving the problem!
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dmcrandall
No, it's a confirmed problem. Validator was tied to the "Me" tab in the old editor. Since there is no "Me" tab in the update, there is no access to Validator.
dmcrandall
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message